XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I suggest something here? I can't add a internet connection shortcut to XWD. It just add's a folder icon that doesn't do anything.

Can you do something for us to be able to do that? :) Cheers

not sure what you're looking for. Internet options, or network connection from control panel?

Can I suggest something here? I can't add a internet connection shortcut to XWD. It just add's a folder icon that doesn't do anything.

Can you do something for us to be able to do that? :) Cheers

Try to use this workaround: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...25&postcount=62

It's describing a similar problem with Office 2007 Shortcuts, but it should work for every kind of shortcuts that are working in Startmenu or somewhere else, but not in the dock, even for internet-connection-shortcuts or shortcuts to control-panel-apps.

This is a 2nd artworks. [...]

@shishimaru: Sorry, I don't like any of these for a finder Icon. Behind such an Icon like yours, I would expect the XWinDock-Settings or something like that. As an finder Icon I would prefer something less abstract and more visual associative. Spoken with Semiotics: a Finder-Icon should be more iconic than symbolic, imho. So, i vote for no XWD-Icon as a Finder-Icon :)

not sure what you're looking for. Internet options, or network connection from control panel?

A connection in Network Connections.. I attached a screenshot ;)

Try to use this workaround: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...25&postcount=62

It's describing a similar problem with Office 2007 Shortcuts, but it should work for every kind of shortcuts that are working in Startmenu or somewhere else, but not in the dock, even for internet-connection-shortcuts.

Hmm didn't work, tried both stuff but neither worked. The 1st option just flashed a cmd-window for a second, but nothing opened.

post-88816-1227968240_thumb.jpg

A connection in Network Connections.. I attached a screenshot ;)

Hmm didn't work, tried both stuff but neither worked. The 1st option just flashed a cmd-window for a second, but nothing opened.

I just tried it (the second way), and it worked for me! Or do you have Vista?

What exactly did you enter in the "Edit" field? (Step 2 of the second workaround).

to lower the icons of page 77

where meeting???????

Please write in Portuguese! I don't understand your english :D

All these Icons are just PREVIEWs. We will see in the future, which of them will be used and published.

You will have to wait, you can download them later, perhaps in some days/weeks (?).

--

Por favor, escreva em Português! Não entendo o seu Inglês :D

Todos esses ícones são apenas previews. Veremos, no futuro, qual deles será utilizado e publicado.

Você vai ter que esperar, você pode baixá-los mais tarde, talvez em alguns dias / semanas (?).

I just tried it (the second way), and it worked for me! Or do you have Vista?

What exactly did you enter in the "Edit" field? (Step 2 of the second workaround).

No I use XP. I entered "C:Documents and SettingsChadDesktopIburst.lnk" (iBurst is the connection name btw) into the Path field. Once I press OK the icon changed to the connection icon, but one I click it nothing happens.

What did you enter into Path? Maybe the shortcut from the desktop isn't the right thing to put into the field.

No I use XP. I entered "C:Documents and SettingsChadDesktopIburst.lnk" (iBurst is the connection name btw) into the Path field. Once I press OK the icon changed to the connection icon, but one I click it nothing happens.

What did you enter into Path? Maybe the shortcut from the desktop isn't the right thing to put into the field.

Ok, I only tried it with a LAN-Connection Link, not with a DialUp-link, which seems to be "special" in XP. I found this in a forum:

I've had similar difficulties on Windows XP.

It turns out the problem is not with running a shortcut from the command line? You

can verify this by running from the command line the Paint.lnk shortcut located in

your desktop folder.

The problem is with running the dialup connection shortcut from the command-line.

This does not seem possible by simply calling the link.

Instead, the DOS shell utility to use is rasdial. To find out how to use it, open

a cmd window and type: rasdial /?

You'll use it in this way: rasdial [Name of the Phone Book Entry] [username] [password]

So, perhaps you can use the rasdial - command to run your connection? Enter the path to your rasdial.exe in the "Path"-Field and try to pass the parameters through the "Parameters"-field of your Dock-Shortcut. If that doesn't help you, I'm out of ideas, sorry :-/

@shishimaru: Sorry, I don't like any of these for a finder Icon. Behind such an Icon like yours, I would expect the XWinDock-Settings or something like that. As an finder Icon I would prefer something less abstract and more visual associative. Spoken with Semiotics: a Finder-Icon should be more iconic than symbolic, imho. So, i vote for no XWD-Icon as a Finder-Icon :)

Thanks for your opinion,Atreiu :)

May I'll design as a LCD with a "XWD" logo on its screen. (see an attached image below.)

Would you plaese vote for one logo I posted?

Thank you.

post-90744-1227973219_thumb.jpg

Why not just an lcd with sideways computer under it (you know how some computers nowadays go sideways, and that way the icon fits better)

The XWD logo should probably remain a logo, and not have anything to do with the "my computer" icon.

Thanks for your opinion,Atreiu :)

May I'll design as a LCD with a "XWD" logo on its screen. (see an attached image below.)

Would you plaese vote for one logo I posted?

Thank you.

Like AndrewYY said, I think the finder Icon must not be related to XWD at all, i think this would be confusing. Using a LCD for Finder would be a better idea, even if a LCD will remember some people more to a "Show Desktop" - Icon than to a "Finder / MyComputer"-Icon. Perhaps you can find a solution for this, too? Maybe something "traditional" like this?

My-Computer-No-Wallpaper-256x256.pngmy-computer.jpg

As an XWD Logo, I would not use your 2nd artworks, because they are too abstract. "Good looking" (they ARE good looking) is not the most important goal for a logo, i think. It must be easily connected with it's meaning. To begin with, it's very hard to figure out, that the symbol stands for X,W & D at all.

Instead, I like these of your first sketches (but i must say, i like your icons much more than the logos ;)) :

You can see "XWD" and what it stands for, in words AND iconic, which is brilliant, imho.

(the second one could be more shiny, like the first one. And I'm not sure about the color. But I like the shape a lot!)

EDIT: oh, and as the squared program-icon for XWinDock i would then just use the big "X" and very small "WD", like its shown in your first artworks, 2 row. It doesn't matter, if the WD can be recognized or not, as long as the X is unique enough.

post-90085-1227975023_thumb.png

Yeah, two off them: Float Ocean and Float Rainbow, but they look a little bit different then your picture. They are in the last Theme-Update-Pack for 5.2.1., but I don't want to search this thread for them, too :P So I just packed them together and attached them here, but they are not created/ported by me!

it seems that in these 2, the indicator is in front of the icon, which is very bad.......

but i like it so far, the rainbow one goes well with myy background

and question:

what is this line in the dock?

looks really bad view attached

post-77666-1227978243_thumb.jpg

Voces vão criar uma nova Dock????? uma 5.2.2

Apezar que esta dock esta muito showwwwwww!

Parabens!!!!

Actually, it's not my dock. Bobah from Ukraine is the creator. Yes, he will create 5.2.2 of XWinDock, and probably even more versions :) I love the icons very much, too! They will be included in one of the next versions of XWinDock :D Stay tuned!

--

Na verdade, não é a minha Dock. Bobah de Ucrânia é o criador. Sim, ele vai criar 5.2.2 do XWinDock, e provavelmente ainda mais versões :) Eu adoro os ícones muito! Eles serão incluídos em uma das próximas versões do XWinDock :D Fique atento!

mrallan i dont understand that language, and it seems that you like to talk to yourself......

so again:

what is this line in the dock?

looks really bad view 3 posts back for scrsht

Mrallan is talking about something else... Your line is the mysterious 1px bug! It's known before, just search this thread for "1px". As fas as I know, nobody has figured out the reason or a solution for this. Some themes have it, others not. "Why is it, that some robots prefer to group together, rather to stand alone? Random segments of code? It's a ghost in the machine!". But I think Bobahs Dock is 3-Laws safe. Or maybe not?

PS: feel free to port a more likely version of the Float-Theme to XWinDock! It isn't that hard! Just ask one of the usual suspects - themers for how to do it.

Actually, it's not my dock. Bobah from Ukraine is the creator. Yes, he will create 5.2.2 of XWinDock, and probably even more versions :) I love the icons very much, too! They will be included in one of the next versions of XWinDock :D Stay tuned!

--

Na verdade, não é a minha Dock. Bobah de Ucrânia é o criador. Sim, ele vai criar 5.2.2 do XWinDock, e provavelmente ainda mais versões :) Eu adoro os ícones muito! Eles serão incluídos em uma das próximas versões do XWinDock :D Fique atento!

Mrallan is talking about something else... Your line is the mysterious 1px bug! It's known before, just search this thread for "1px". As fas as I know, nobody has figured out the reason or a solution for this. Some themes have it, others not. "Why is it, that some robots prefer to group together, rather to stand alone? Random segments of code? It's a ghost in the machine!". But I think Bobahs Dock is 3-Laws safe. Or maybe not?

PS: feel free to port a more likely version of the Float-Theme to XWinDock! It isn't that hard! Just ask one of the usual suspects - themers for how to do it.

okay thanks, i guess nothings perfect, but its still nice