XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Woah, a huge spiral of misunderstanding (it appears as though you misunderstood me a bunch of times as well)

Alright, I'd try making a logo, but I bet siik can do a better job... and it's almost bedtime :D

Edit: for some reason, I decided to do a logo anyways. Here's my justification:

The circular shape is because circles (in my mind) are contrasting to squares (which is what the finder icon is). The shininess represents the dock's reflection feature. The three circular holes represent the tail of a thought bubble which represents the amount of ideas new to this dock, like dynamic stack icon generation, stack moseover effects, and the right-click menu. Whaddaya think? Original enough?

Edit 2: Edited image with clearer font and drop shadow.

post-87077-1227750409_thumb.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Original? Sure! But... sorry, I don't like the design, as it has nothing to do with XWD (besides the letters, that is...). :P

That's why I prefer mine:

- it shows a desktop, with a dock on it;

- the letters play the role of icons;

- there's actual reflection;

- there's fluidity in the way the letters are joined;

- it's an image that communicates what the product is.

It can be improved? Certainly!! It's just a - good, imho - mockup...

...for a logo we could have something along these lines...
subscribe please! it's free just sign up on youtube, and then subscribe to me, and you'll get updates from me, whenever i upload a new video if you subscribe to me

People who want to subscribe to you will subscribe to you. No need to advertise... especially if you're gonna tell people who don't have an account to create an account just to subscribe to you :P

People who want to subscribe to you will subscribe to you. No need to advertise... especially if you're gonna tell people who don't have an account to create an account just to subscribe to you :P

mhmm, okay thank you, i will edit that out for you...

my bad man

I'll just contribute some things for other times then

can someone help me, im not sure how to add docklets to the dock....

Which one do you want to add? Usually you have to download and unpack the Docklets zip-File into your C:/.../XWindowsDock/Docklets/ folder, then restart your Dock, rightclick on the Dock --> Add --> Select the name of the Docklet. If you still have trouble, you can post a more detailed report (with Docklet-name, what you have tried and what happend) to our Bug-Report thread: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?p=515203

Here's my 2 cents. Pretty much stole Panta's idea and shinied it up :P

Edit: as for the my computer icon, I'm not sure what it should be, but definitely not something that has xwd related text on it. It's confusing.

Lighten it a bit, and I think that'd be the perfect background for the default for this dock as well. Similar enough to look good, dissimilar enough to not get in trouble. :P

Agreed! Besides, for a logo we could have something along these lines (not good for 'My Computer' :P):

How surprise is it!! I sketched the logos last night, they are the same style like yours.

Screenshot-icon-logo-01.jpg

Thanks Panta and AndrewYY for your great works :)

--------------------------------------------------

Control Panel v1.0

*Inspiration by BOBAH13's Avatar!*

Thanks for your ultimate dock again. :)

Screenshot-icon-control-01.jpg

Trash Can v2.1

Fixed

- More Brightness.

Screenshot-icon-trash-01.jpg

Folder v1.1

Fixed

- Glare.

- More Brightness.

- Add Stroke on the top of folder (Easy to see when multi-folders are in the stack.)

Screenshot-icon-folder-02.jpg

All artwork images are the preview, not the final works.

Thank you.

Sweet! :) Thrashcan is something incredible!

But you can do the bottom of folder icon a little darker, because it visually merges with the background

And sweet «M*c Power button» in the Control Panel icon (blue gear) :D but i like it! Good job!

Nice work, shishimaru! I second, what Deavy says about the folder icon.

And did you try to use a transparent background for the Control Panel - Icon? I mean: leave the frame and the gearwheels as they are, but let the background be transparent? Might look nice, too...

Edit: Update on XCmd - Docklet. It fixes a bug, where commands between " " are messed up after a dock restart.

I noticed that bug, when I finally find the command to open my favourite Windows Console Program (which is a powerful tool and opensource). The command for XCmd would be: ["C:Program FilesConsole2Console.exe" -r "/k $$"]

The second-from-bottom logo would work as both a logo, and an icon, so I love it ^_^

Panta, you really need to stop being so aggressive towards any sort of criticism. (and if you say "Don't tell me what to do" etc, I'll freaking kill you. :))

yeah, it is pretty cool :)

godiex, matonga and polum, guys, i don't understand what you say :D

Ok, here it is: (not a literal translation)

godiex:

Hi! Can't you give Bobbah a hand with Stacks!?? yours look better. (it's a pitty because RocketDock isn't as half as good as XWD, but animations [on XWD] are too bad in general).

matonga:

Mmm... the problem is I need access to XWindows Dock sources to do that (no, I don't have the sources :P, only Bobah has them).

I feel a bit scared about asking him for the sources, argentines [Matonga is argentine] have fame of being thieves and I can't probe I'm part of the exception ;).

polum:

[from the original in english] Matias you problaby are one of the selfless people in this forum !!!

[from the original in english] Just take a look to the huge amount of time that you have spend programming all those great applications that you share with us...

[from the original in english] Respect and admiration from my side !!!!

[this one in spanish] a big salute from Spain and sorry about Copa Davis [argentinians lost, I guess]

I think asking to Bobbah for his code to give it a polish in the animation aspect couldn't be considered thievery since Matonga has already gained international recognition and respect for his impeccable stacks docklets (as you all know) So, I think it could be considered rather a collaboration among two great coders to create the best dock so far.

First of all, Thanks everyone for your comments.

Control Panel v1.1

Fixed

- Changed the brushed metal background to the transparent one.

Folder v1.2

Fixed

- Added a little darker at bottom of the folder icon.

Stack v1.0

Screenshot-icons-01.jpg

**Special thanks to Deavy and Atreiu for the best suggestions.** :)

First of all, Thanks everyone for your comments.

Control Panel v1.1

Fixed

- Changed the brushed metal background to the transparent one.

Folder v1.2

Fixed

- Added a little darker at bottom of the folder icon.

Stack v1.0

Screenshot-icons-01.jpg

**Special thanks to Deavy and Atreiu for the best suggestions.** :)

I'm still not a fan of the panel, but the icons look fantastic. :)