XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Most pointless reply of the day...............................................you sir.

It just shows someone's ridicules idiocy when they'd rather insult someone instead of contributing to the actual post.

Lol, but I DO like the picture! (which series/movie is it? I know I've seen it! Is it from Prison Break?)

Anyway, to append the missing content of iTims answer: .NET and Ounce (as far as i understand the website) are ~Developer Frameworks. You can look up Google & Wikipedia for such things. And no, I think you can't do anything with it. And I doubt it is useful for Bobah, too, because he would have a lot to change for no reason. So the Ounce project is interesting, but not helpful for XWinDock. I would even say, using Ounce would be great a step backwards, because I hate apps using non-system window-layouts. The ones who want a OS X look for their windows (like me) use a fitting VS or WB... a different style just for some Apps (or worse: for only some .NET-Apps) is looking crappy and is nonsense imho.

PS: @Panta, you can code .NET Apps in Delphi too, of course!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Panta : This is my sWood v3, MiddleBorder.png made from 3Ds perspective scale like your Copacabana skin.

Screenshot-shrink1.jpg

And what happen when the dock gets smaller or bigger.

Screenshot-shrink2.jpg

= Wrong perspective's aspect ratio with Left/Right Border (T-T)

Thank you.

Why don't you use this parametr in Config.txt "DrawAs=strech" ??? you can replace strech into tile and I think it'll be okay ;)

Why don't you use this parametr in Config.txt "DrawAs=strech" ??? you can replace strech into tile and I think it'll be okay ;)

Hi bobah! I think we all would benefit from a little more info about what to expect from using 'tile' in 'DrawAs' (besides the obvious *lol*). Could you try explaining it a little bit further?

PS: @Panta, you can code .NET Apps in Delphi too, of course!
@atreiu: of course I know that! What I wasn't sure was if Delphi 7 was able to do that (as I'm not a Delphi user...)

Most pointless reply of the day...............................................you sir.

It just shows someone's ridicules idiocy when they'd rather insult someone instead of contributing to the actual post.

I believe you just did the same thing. These types of posts can go both ways, you know.

Hell, I just did the same myself.

Trash Can icons.

Created from original artwork, not copied or modified from anywhere.

As I said "create the unique things with the unique names,

for the unique reflection dock on Windows OS -- XWindows Dock"

Screenshoticon01.jpg

Just the preview, not the final work.

Thank you.

I believe you just did the same thing. These types of posts can go both ways, you know.

Hell, I just did the same myself.

True, I just felt like going on a rant though. :P

Sorry for the insult though, I was already in a bad mood.

I'm not that tech savy though so I wouldn't really have known what it was.

I'm more of a photoshop person. I like to make icons and pictures. Not that great with programing.

I'm not that tech savy though so I wouldn't really have known what it was.

I'm more of a photoshop person. I like to make icons and pictures. Not that great with programing.

Everyone should take into consideration that a lot of different people visit these forums.

By different, I mean coders who know nothing about art and design, designers who know nothing about coding, advanced users, hackers, newbies, etc...

Also we must consider not everyone is a native english speaker. If we put a bit of effort and patience we can make this into a comfortable forum to stay. ;)

PS: I'm not talking to anyone in particular. I quoted baconissweet because of the posts about .NET (hey, I know lot of people in my city who have no f... idea what a Mac is! :P)

Ridiculous idiocy? I didn't answer your questions because you'll find answers after about 5 minutes of Google searching.

Your original post was just as pointless as mine, but mine was funny.

The end.

Ridiculous idiocy? I didn't answer your questions because you'll find answers after about 5 minutes of Google searching.

Your original post was just as pointless as mine, but mine was funny.

The end.

To your credit, I had given that a try before posting my question, yet found no clear answer that suited my curiosity.

Again, like I stated in my last post, I apologized for the retort. I merely thought time could have been much better spent.

Looks sweet, maybe you need to do thrashcan walls a little more transparent :) and little more rounded

Trash Can icons (Transparent FIX).

Screenshoticon02.jpg

I don't want to design Trash can icons in a cylinder shape like M*c's icons because of wrong reflection.

Wrong-Reflection01.jpg

IN FACT, it should be..

Wrong-Reflection02.jpg

P.S. You can see a little wrong reflection of 'empty trash can' icon in the preview too!

Thank you.

A new glass skin (for version 5.2.1):

Glass Block

This is my suggestion for the default skin! It's almost perfect (imho) and has no ties with anything M*c-related... it'd give XWindows Dock a distinctive, unique look, easily recognizable! :D

See previews and get it here.

A new glass skin (for version 5.2.1):

Glass Block

This is my suggestion for the default skin! It's almost perfect (imho) and has no ties with anything M*c-related... it'd give XWindows Dock a distinctive, unique look, easily recognizable! :D

See previews and get it here.

For some reason. I'm not really liking the transparentness and the thickness... I still think we should go with something lighter and smoother and more opaque ;)

Also your separators look kinda weird, and your running app indicator is from mac.

Edit: OK, that post was very negative for some reason... Don't take it badly :P

For some reason. I'm not really liking the transparentness and the thickness... I still think we should go with something lighter and smoother and more opaque ;)

Also your separators look kinda weird, and your running app indicator is from mac.

Edit: OK, that post was very negative for some reason... Don't take it badly :P

No problem... ;)

The whole idea is blending the dock with the background, so it's transparency seems more than adequate to me; also note that reflections go perfectly aligned with the front edge and don't look right only because they aren't: they're reflected! (and thus, inverted...)*lmao*

Separators are really hard to deal with, as they are overlaid to the dock background, but I'm open to suggestions (real PNGs, not just ideas would be better... lol) .

Running indicators are not tied to a particular platform; look at all dock applications there are! That makes no sense at all... ;)

Please, keep posting constructive critics; they are most welcome!

No problem... ;)

The whole idea is blending the dock with the background, so it's transparency seems more than adequate to me; also note that reflections go perfectly aligned with the front edge and don't look right only because they aren't: they're reflected! (and thus, inverted...)*lmao*

Separators are really hard to deal with, as they are overlaid to the dock background, but I'm open to suggestions (real PNGs, not just ideas would be better... lol) .

Running indicators are not tied to a particular platform; look at all dock applications there are! That makes no sense at all... ;)

Please, keep posting constructive critics; they are most welcome!

I wholeheartedly disagree. If your goal is to blend the dock with it's background, set the opacity way down. Most people will want the dock to actually be prominent, either to match their theme, taskbar, whatever.

I say we just stick with the default leopard theme, maybe changing the curve effect in the glass, changing the indicators, and changing the separators. To me, that'd be the perfect default for this project.

I don't want to design Trash can icons in a cylinder shape like M*c's icons because of wrong reflection.

Sure! I don't mean this cylinder shape :)

I mean something like this:

designwd8.png

w636.png

Btw, with black marker I showed that in this case (based on the size of ) thashcan (view from the side) should look like this(sorry for MS Paint :D ) I'm right?

I wholeheartedly disagree. If your goal is to blend the dock with it's background, set the opacity way down. Most people will want the dock to actually be prominent, either to match their theme, taskbar, whatever.

I say we just stick with the default leopard theme, maybe changing the curve effect in the glass, changing the indicators, and changing the separators. To me, that'd be the perfect default for this project.

LOL!! First of all, when I say the whole idea, I mean my whole idea when porting and recommending this skin, when showing more than one preview, and I think I know better than anyone what's my idea, no? Bessides, we're talking about a default skin and not about the only one this dock would/could use! I'm just suggesting that it could have a distinctive look.

Secondly, this discussion is about alternatives to the Le*p*rd look, due to possible legal problems, as already explained by others and requested by BOBAH13 himself; to me, it's pointless telling over and over that one prefers keeping the original one when the owner has asked for alternatives. We're trying just that: finding alternatives...

Just my two cents. ;)

Trash Can icons (Transparent + Curve FIX).

Special thanks to Deavy :)

Just perfect! :) I hope you add nice Folder Icons to your theme, too!

This theme would be great as the default one. Clean, modern, nothing OSX related, ... I say: that's the ONE.