BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like it.

I don't see how it's a new concept, it's just a windy texture that doesn't loop right.

This dock's main draw is the reflections, so remind me why you think the default skin shouldn't use them?

+1.

Surely something more minimalist would be better, to show off reflections like Phoshi said. The pattern on the dock's not exactly easy on the eyes and would probably turn people away.

@all: I'll revise Black Glass series, as suggested by siik yesterday, to take out all M*c elements from it; perhaps alternate Windows elements, as it's an OD+ pack ported to XWindows Dock. Note that I don't intend to change current versions, I'll add to them instead. Most - if not all - other skins seen here are ports to XWindows Dock from custom M*c counterparts...

About my Copacabana WIP, perhaps I should give more pointers for those who have no knowledge of what it's all about... ;) but it's a new concept because it doesn't use M*c elements, because it uses a real, seamless image, generated from the real sidewalk, so, I'm sorry if reality is not real enough for some... reflections were not used at the preview so that the sidewalk's pattern could be more noticeable; it's up to the user selecting reflections at run time, but then this is pretty obvious, right? ;)

As I said, constructive critics are always welcome!

Edit: who said I was proposing it as the new default one? It's a WIP and just food for thoughts...

Edit2: here's the real deal...

post-58609-1227556996_thumb.jpg

i got an idea,

all the dock companies made a 2d dock in the beginning like tigers dock, but didn't seem like they copied it (objectdock)

so why don't we make a skin like leopards but not really like it

the indicators don't have to be the same

the design doesn't have to be the same neither does the style

@Panta : This is my sWood v3, MiddleBorder.png made from 3Ds perspective scale like your Copacabana skin.

Screenshot-shrink1.jpg

And what happen when the dock gets smaller or bigger.

Screenshot-shrink2.jpg

= Wrong perspective's aspect ratio with Left/Right Border (T-T)

Thank you.

It's because the image in the center is scaled. You can't do anything about that. It's not fixable... Think about it;)

Why are we still arguing over what the defaults should be?

That's easily one of the most trivial things discussed in this thread yet. 95% of us will end up changing it to something else (either for emulation purposes or simply to have something different) anyway.

Grab something either glass or metal, that shows reflections rather nicely, and go with it. Problem solved. :)

Why are we still arguing over what the defaults should be?

That's easily one of the most trivial things discussed in this thread yet. 95% of us will end up changing it to something else (either for emulation purposes or simply to have something different) anyway.

Grab something either glass or metal, that shows reflections rather nicely, and go with it. Problem solved. :)

This one

Think we would be able to do this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qoF72PFic

And this....

Its useless but really cool. :)

Yep, are great but first I want a "Leopard dock" for Windows (XP and Vista) and work 99.9% :D... After add funny features xD

Bobbah if you want...

Make an Control Panel applet (CPL) (Tutorial)

and one more thing.... (may be is usefull for you ^^)

Ounce Toolkit

What is OUNCE?

OUNCE is a free grafical toolkit library based on the Krypton Toolkit from ComponentFactory.

It enables you to support a visual theme similiar to Apples OS X 10.5 Leopard for your Windows Forms applications.

Furthermore the OUNCE toolkit contains a new rendering engine for Divelements Sanddock and Sandbar Toolkits to apply the OS X style also to their docking and toolbar components, allowing a consistent look and feel for all parts of your .NET applications.