XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With "after some donations" I meant the future donations...of course no one had donated so far because nobody knew how. Lets hope that the paypal account can reincarnate this :P
There's info for donation at the first post since long time ago, only it's not via PayPal. :)

I'm sorry, I can't be of help money wise :( but instead of donating, allow me to offer my moral support :D I's been a long time since you started working on this (a few months) I'm surprised you stuck with us for this long :). If you don't decide to restart the project, I look forward to seeing your work in the future :)

BOBAH13, u don't have to stop developing this dock. First of all ,its created much attention, therefore you should create a website that has a few ads on it and then money starts coming in since that website would surely get much attention.

Now can we stop posting until bobah actually responds, because posting noncence and spam posts is not helping. And i guess the magnification smoothness is a bit difficult to fix , ask someone with skill to help you out because they would be willing to.

Now can we stop the i love you bobah posts/ we will bow down to him? Its also not helping. Its a good dock and there are many ways to make money with it , because i know u wanna help out a community but im sure your looking for some $$$$ back.

... Now can we stop posting until bobah actually responds, because posting noncence and spam posts is not helping...

Easy man, will you? Don't talk about things you have no clue, the lah! siik and myself are talking because we're in contact with bobah. Btw, the same holds true when I answer on his behalf... ;)

BOBAH13, u don't have to stop developing this dock. First of all ,its created much attention, therefore you should create a website that has a few ads on it and then money starts coming in since that website would surely get much attention.

Now can we stop posting until bobah actually responds, because posting noncence and spam posts is not helping. And i guess the magnification smoothness is a bit difficult to fix , ask someone with skill to help you out because they would be willing to.

Now can we stop the i love you bobah posts/ we will bow down to him? Its also not helping. Its a good dock and there are many ways to make money with it , because i know u wanna help out a community but im sure your looking for some $$$$ back.

With the amount of attention this thread is getting, diverting some of that attention to a dedicated website with some sidebar ads is a really good idea :)

There's info for donation at the first post since long time ago, only it's not via PayPal. :)

Yeah thats the problem :D

Paypal on the opposite is a very common paying system.

By the way, I would suggest te following: You move the download link to the website and add some kind of ad which says that a download should be honored with 5 bucks or so. That would even solve some other problems, because I personally don't know what bobah would think if I transferred 5 bucks to his account. Perhaps he feels mocked because it's not enough. See the problem? If the motto was: Every bit helps, then a lot more people would dare to donate I guess.

Guys, look at the first post:

BOBAH creates an PayPal account

Good! So he announced it already.

This is the deal: send a donation via PayPal to that email address, Personal to Personal. (Send Money tab, and select Services/Other)

Now let's take those scorpions out of the pockets!! :D :D

ATTENTION : PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR DONATION AVAILABLE IN FIRST PAGE!

Please donate as much as you can, we would really love bobah13 to continue this great project

:D

thanks

-siik

*lol* Hi siik, a little bit late... but the intention counts too... :D

BOOM!

"Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

damn.

(...sorry BOBBAH. I don't know if I want to send money though any other payment system....

but that was the message I received after clicking on SEND. I was actually donating)

@2cool4mac: Don't u think that u are a "scam" person? I red all your posts..and understand now...u don;t know what means a thread, how to write in one...or what are the rules that WE all MUST respect on forums.

So...if u have REALLY SOMETHING TO SAY about XWindowsDock say it...don;t wrote some phrases just to put something on a thread...and ESPECIALLY...don;t be RUDE with others ...

@Panta: What is the status of paypal account? I saw that in Ukraine isn't allowed to receive $ by Paypal?!? Oh my God...We must help in some way Bobah....He did a wonderful job to launch this dock...we cannot let him to vanish...not now...when all the Internet speak about this XWD...

I starting to make those Star Trek /Stargate skins... first of my problem is that i cannot make same height for Left/RightBorder.png with same height of MiddleBorder... because in a Startrek template as u see down... the left and right parts are not equally height with the middle part... so it;s a kinda strange ..and I can't figure how to continue...

Now...first skin of...Star Trek will be available this Monday...since then...some teasers ..inspired from STrek Movie/sites/Pictures

I don't think anyone would mind if a "Donate" button was added to the dock's about box, and perhaps preloaded onto the dock when it's first installed, similarly to the way RK has a link to it's home page when you first install.

That said, if you're looking to make more than a nominal amount of money on this, you've probably got your hopes set way too high.

BOOM!

"Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

damn.

(...sorry BOBBAH. I don't know if I want to send money though any other payment system....

but that was the message I received after clicking on SEND. I was actually donating)

Haha, I wonder why it's blocked...

I don't see a logical reason why Ukraine would be blocked from receiving donations

After reading the address I immediately tried to transfer something but I recieved the same message (in german of course). Is this thing cursed or what? Does someone try to block this dock from beeing developed?

So I think we need some kind of middleman as GameBoyzGB already said.

Hi all.. thanks for everybody... So now I freezed this project because we are prepearing web site and information about the dock and when everything will be finished I'll create new version of the dock. So just waiting for these things :)

So also we decided replace the default skin because it looks like M*a*c OS and it's not good... So we should decide what will the dock be like ? then we need new skin to create the "head" of the web site and we can advise me which skin you want to use as default in the dock ?

what about PayPal.. may be does somebody know another system internet-money ?