XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just updated XBattery, no new features, just a pure contribution update!

* new Low-Battery Sounds (alternatives are in the folder, just rename) (Thanks to Elevation!)

* one fancy new Icon-Theme (Thanks to Panta!)

Glad to see that that set in particular has been incorporated to the distribution pack as it's my favorite by far, and the 'negotiation' took a little longer than normally, as you know! :D

And thanks for... errr... reinforcing my recommendations to iTim, although he's said he didn't feel like recreating his configuration; at least we both tried giving good advice. ;)

What are the chances of a docklet similar to that of the iChat/Adium ones in the original mac's dock ever being developed? Every docklet we've had realeased has been almost the same as or exactly the same as RK/OD/RD/Y'z docklets, but the inclusion of a Miranda docklet would set this apart from the rest.

Update XMail v0.11

(to update from v0.10, you don't have to delete your old XMail folder. Just Overwrite XMail.dll)

* Miscounting-Bug (aka "-1") should be fixed.

* Bug with Error at checking virtual Imap-Folder [Google Mail] is half way fixed (you still have to check "nested", because it is a virtual folder and can't contain Mails. You will get a serious error, if you don't do that).

But most important:

* Debug-Log Feature!

If you are having trouble with XMail, go to the settings and check the "Debug-Log" box. You will now have to do a restart of the Dock, to start logging!

Now, right after you are experiencing a Problem, close the Dock. You will find the file "c:YourPathXWindowsDockXMail-DebugLog.txt" containing the log.

Please upload this log with a description what you were doing, at the moment the problem appears, in the Bug Reports - Thread. Please do this before you restart the dock again, because the logging will be started again, making it harder for me to find the bug.

Before posting, take a look at the .txt yourself and erase data (x it out, pls), if you want to, because the log can contain personal information. (Normally nothing secret, only Win-Version, imap-server-addresses, and IMAP-Foldernames. But as IMAP-Foldernames could contain names or something, i just wanted to let you know.)

What should the ichat docklet do, what does it in OSX?

As far as I'm aware, every time a message is received when iChat/Adium is minimized the icon bounces in the dock, and a message count (similar to that of the mail docklet) appears in the top right hand corner of the icon. It can also play custom messages upon reception of a message from a specified user. It also shows icon specific status' for when you are away, idle, invisible or logging in, as you can set your status by right-clicking the icon. I think, but not totally sure, that it shows when another user is typing a message to you on the dock aswell.

Here are a couple of iChat docklet menus:

98643381_9385d1a102_o.jpg

500px-ichat4_notifications.png

Sorry, that's all I could find for now.

EDIT: ctrlclick (while the docklet is working) or too short rechecking periods result in crash, as before.... do you think that can be fixed?

Yeah, i think so. I'm already trying to make it skip a check, if another check is in progress. As long as this is not fixed, just don't do that kind of things. ;)

Next version will certainly have a limit in the rechecking period, about 3-5min or something. It's not making sense to check more often, it will always result in problems (f.e. some providers have a limit of possible imap-logins in a specific time). And it will slow down your computer and internet connection. It's not the intention of XMail to provide a real-time status of your Inbox. Such a program should be coded differently (by keeping the imap-connection alive for the next check etc...).

Edit: could you post the debug-log of such a crash in the Report-Bugs-Thread, pls? Might be helpful for solving this bug...

These two arn´t original iChat but with an Extension called Chax, so the first one you won´t have by default.

I made a quick search on google and found some tiger chat icons and one from a guy who made some extra icons for it.

Didn't realise Chax was an extension, sorry. However, the iChat icon still bounces and displays a message count regardless of extensions. The pictures you showed are achievable on samurize (currently running something similar in the corner of my screen), just wondering if it's at all possible to achieve this in the dock?

EDIT:

IChat not gooood!!! :)

Adium goooooood...but useless on Windoze :)

@Bjorn: nice icons anyway

We're not talking about iChat or Adium for the dock, we're talking about Miranda.

It seems like most dock apps are masking their descriptions to appear as much non-mac as possible:

Objectdock:

shortcut organizer / launcher

Avant Window Navigator:

Avant Window Navigator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screen

Kiba Dock:

Kiba replicates the functionality of the OSX Universal Dock in many ways, but is not an exact replica of Apple's taskbar.

It seems like most dock apps are masking their descriptions to appear as much non-mac as possible:

Objectdock:

shortcut organizer / launcher

Avant Window Navigator:

Avant Window Navigator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screen

Kiba Dock:

Kiba replicates the functionality of the OSX Universal Dock in many ways, but is not an exact replica of Apple's taskbar.

Good Point! That may be an important information for Deavy and the ones who help him with the Homepage-Text! It certainly would be a really bad idea to speak about "Closest MacOSX Dock-Replica ever". Your should "staple very low" to avoid legal problems...

Fom ObjectDock main page:

ObjectDock™ is a program that enables users to organize their shortcuts, programs and running tasks into an attractive and fun animated Dock. By allowing users to have more control over how they organize their desktop, users can take control of their desktop icons and shortcuts to have them be available when where and how they need them. This, all with the unique style and top-rate performance that ObjectDock is known to deliver!

In constant development, ObjectDock and ObjectDock Plus are enhanced often to provide the most unique features of any stylized shortcut organizer / launcher available.

New in v1.9! Cool new Stardock ReadyView™ weather flyouts, minimize animation in Vista, smoother / quicker drawing with smoothness settings and a variety of improvements. New plus-exclusives include all new improved taskbar status area handling, special taskbar modes, and more!

But then, I don't remember this text being changed since the announcement of v1.9. They are having some discussion at the forum about that, tho... if I get to know anything I'll keep you posted (I'm a registered user).
Fom ObjectDock main page:

But then, I don't remember this text being changed since the announcement of v1.9. They are having some discussion at the forum about that, tho... if I get to know anything I'll keep you posted (I'm a registered user).

Hello

I have been having problems with Object Dock lately since I installed and started using XWindows Dock -is there a memory confict or just not getting along -I am disabling OD until Stardock comes up with a newer version I have 2.0 and it crashes at least once a day now

And I love almost everything about XWindows Dock esp the genie animation -its a keeper -Good work guys

In this case we have a totally opposite situation. Atreiu, you are right. This's really "Closest MacOSX Dock-Replica ever".

Your should "staple very low" to avoid legal problems...

would be quite difficult to deny the obvious :/

This is a real problem, imho