BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi, just reporting my observations

Ok but, as I said: "There are better ways for expressing your wishes and doubts..."

Edit:

Let me explain it better:

1. itunes problem in vista (minimizing) -> ok, thanks!

2. winamp problem (minimizing) -> ditto!

3. you need to add a hide taskbar function -> no he doesn't need to, suggesting it as a feature would be ok...

4. minimize to dock is ok but where are not minimized windows? -> who said there's a "show running applications" option?

@jesuspiece:

Ok, downloaded the last release, can I still use skins from 5.0? Cause they don't seem to work, Dock just pops a shitload of errors.

edit: ah, okay, read the previous posts, that sucks. I don't have resources for my docks.. damn

Then read them again and you''ll find the solution: bobah supplied a migration tool just for that case... run and grab it! (literally!!) :D

It's hard to describe this "smoothness". But if you'll have at look at RocketDock and its behaivior. How it cames into the screen if your mousepointer ist at the edge of the corner, how the Icons grow and shrink if you move over them.

XWindows Dock still feel a bit.. "rusty" in its moves and behaivior.

Hello,

as I 'd like to contribute to this amazing dock, I could (if needed and if somebody tells me how) write german language files.

Keep up the great work bobah!

Hi BlaZeOSX, thanks for willing to contribute! :D

It's rather easy:

-copy English.xml as German.xml (better yet: de-DE.xml - isn't it this way?);

-open it with any text editor (e.g. Notepad);

-translate all contents but the tags;

-save it (and zip it for uploading);

-copy it to your 'Languages' folder, under XWindows Dock install folder for using it;

-start (or restart) the dock and select it!

Now upload it here, will you? :D

Great! Now we got 1px hotspot!!!

And now, in portuguese, (you don't know, but, tarzan was my english teacher), Panta... saudações cariocas a vc tb... agora, fico te devendo as saudações rubro-negras... pode sacanear, sou Vascaino... ou seria "Vascaindo"... hehehe!!!

Great! Now we got 1px hotspot!!!

And now, in portuguese, (you don't know, but, tarzan was my english teacher), Panta... saudações cariocas a vc tb... agora, fico te devendo as saudações rubro-negras... pode sacanear, sou Vascaino... ou seria "Vascaindo"... hehehe!!!

Hahaha! Vascaindo é ótima!! *rofl*

Não, não vou sacanear não... depois que o Eurico (ou seria Enrico - de enricar -, Eu Rico - com o dinheiro do clube e das bilheterias que roubei -, sei lá..) foi chutado, não tenho bronca não. Eu admiro muito o Roberto - que ví jogar por muito tempo - e afinal, o Vasco é o nosso melhor freguês e, você sabe, freguês tem que ser bem tratado!! *rofl*

Espera um pouco que já vou mandar uma nova versão!! o_O

Abraços!

Panta.

New alpha Testing-Release of XMail (v0.02)

SSL supported, now, so Gmail should work.

I need to know, if your Email-Providers are working, too. (Still only IMAP-Support!)

Please give Feedback, if your Email-Checking works.

I tested it myself with

- googlemail.com

- web.de

CHECK THE INSTALLATION - HOW TO!

@vemod: thanks for you feedback, currently it's not the right time to ask for more features, i first have to get it to work at all :D I will come back to your idea, later. Meanwhile you should be able to add two instances of XMail to your dock, to check more than 1 email account.

PS: @all: Do we have a new XWinDock-Version? It's still 5.2, but I know, that has nothing to say ;) So: new Download?

New alpha Testing-Release of XMail (v0.02)

SSL supported, now, so Gmail should work.

I need to know, if your Email-Providers are working, too. (Still only IMAP-Support!)

Please give Feedback, if your Email-Checking works.

I tested it myself with

- googlemail.com

- web.de

CHECK THE INSTALLATION - HOW TO!

@vemod: thanks for you feedback, currently it's not the right time to ask for more features, i first have to get it to work at all :D I will come back to your idea, later. Meanwhile you should be able to add two instances of XMail to your dock, to check more than 1 email account.

PS: @all: Do we have a new XWinDock-Version? It's still 5.2, but I know, that has nothing to say ;) So: new Download?

Download it then dammit! *lol*

Yes, new version, I've been contemplated (twice! ;)) and I think you'll like it a lot too!

About XMail: great! Now I just have to wait for POP3 support... ;) and I do like what vemod has shown...

btw, will you update XCmd too (your so-called Panta-bug)?

Download it then dammit! *lol*

Yes, new version, I've been contemplated (twice! ;)) and I think you'll like it a lot too!

About XMail: great! Now I just have to wait for POP3 support... ;) and I do like what vemod has shown...

btw, will you update XCmd too (your so-called Panta-bug)?

1. Thanks for Info.

2. Does XMail work for you? With which provider? Or do you only have Pop3?

3. Sure, Panta-Bug is going to be extinct, from XCmd, soon. (PS: Strange, Biologists aren't that intent on getting the bugs extinct, which are named after them ...)

1. Thanks for Info.

2. Does XMail work for you? With which provider? Or do you only have Pop3?

3. Sure, Panta-Bug is going to be extinct, from XCmd, soon. (PS: Strange, Biologists aren't that intent on getting the bugs extinct, which are named after them ...)

1. np, mate!

2, didn't try it yet; yes POP3/SSL allover the net! (mostly...);

3. Yeah, but I'm not a biologist, I'm a scientist of another nature (a mad and bad one), so... kill it dammit!!! (I wanna try it sooooo badly... 'my Precious!') :D

Can anyone help me xwindows dock is now using 40-50% of my cpu (I used process explorer) on startup with not a thing on it.This happened witha couple prior versions but then it worked great with 4.8 and 5.0 then it start back with 5.2 and 5.2.1.

I'm running vista home pre sp1 (32)

other progs that run on start up: rocketdock,stablauncher,switcher,menuapp,xneat windows manager,ubericon,madotate,avast antivirus and comodo internet security.

I've killed them all and vista aero with the same problem persisting.

I don't mind much if I can't use this great dock but I would like to at least like to know the reason.

Oh yeah I forgot, It works great on my XP machine.

Yes I did try xp compatibility in vista.

Does it use the CPU only on startup, or all over the time?

If it's only on startup, this is nothing special, because the whole dock has to bee rendered. Think about the reflections, and the Stack-Dock-Icon-Packs, etc...

Remember: everything what is rendered/prepared on startup, does not have to be rendered/prepared later. I prefer a startup with more CPU over a normal use after startup with more CPU...

The XMail Docklet works great for me! But could you please remove the "check" box that pops up everytime it checks for emails?(every 10 minutes) It's kinda annoying :P

But, great work so far with the docklet!

Ups, Sorry *gg* This is just a debug-flag i forgot to deactivate....

Does anybody know, where to get free-to-use Sounds? I want to add (optional) audio-feedback for some of my Docklets, therefore I need a Photo-Click-Sound (for XGrab), a New Mail-Sound (XMail), and a low battery-Warning (XBattery). Could somebody find these for me?

@Weasel, sure, will be fixed next version.