XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Me too, I don't care about (the details of) the magnification as long as there still exists problems with the dock (as mentioned before, i.e "Minimize to dock" is still not fast enough on my old PC, so I can use it only on my laptop) but I understand your desire of perfection.

I'm not sure if it was yet said, because the thread becomes a little bit unclear and perhaps I miss it, but why isn't it possible to close a stack (as a menu) by clicking on the stack ? I have to click beyond the dock or to open another stack to close the "menu-stack". The other stack methods (grid/fan) work fine.

And what about the option "preview whole text"? It's a pity that this doesn't work with the fan method. Is this intention or a bug?

By the way, great work to Bobah and the community which is involved in this project. I can't believe that this project starts only 2 month ago !!! It is amazing to see what you all had created. Respect !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks BOBAH13 how wonderfull is your dock!!!! It far superior to Rocket Docket, i put my Pictures folder in the

dock and to my amazement !!!!! it opened out to show all my Pictures when I clicked it,, fabulous .

Im running Vista 64 and everything is working great

You should approach StarDock and get some money for your efforts, Really I mean, even Microsoft dont have the

talent you have // have you seen the screenshots of Win 7 with there sort of dock, Pathetic .

Woah, bud. You're streching it WAYYYY too far with the 'more talent than Microsoft' and 'joining StarDock'.

Stardock isn't even that great to begin with.

Im sure the magnification problem is clearly defined now, hope it gets fixed soon as possible as it is one of the main aspects of the mac dock, that makes it unique and a fun experience. Once the problem is fixed it will become THE ULTIMATE DOCK!! lol

Thanks Vladimir for the great thread and dock as it gives me something interesting to see being developed.

ok Panta, I have to admit you do a much better job at explaining stuff in a short manner ^^

i only did some minor changes and a typo correction...

*lol* That's probably because I've been designing user interfaces for more than 25 years now (Unix, CPM and DOS anyone? :P) and also used to write technical manuals, both in Portuguese and English, so...

Man, I was so in need of a good sleep that I'm even glad that you found only 1 typo and that I missed just 1 'pixels' word... *lol*

Have you noticed that I've changed references from dock to panel when dealing with the part and not the whole? (btw I've misplaced one of them; thanks for fixing it.). Also, I've forgotten that at a Mac the recycler is called just 'Trash'; thanks for fixing this too. :D

Imho, we achieved a rather good English lang. file, no? *w00t*

Tanks for your interest and collaboration!

@bobah: do you agree with all of this? I guess we've forgotten to ask your upinion; sory for that! Do you think you could incorporate it to the next version?

Hello! I'm newbie here.

Did you mean this?

Hi shishimaru! That's a damn good way to start posting!! :D

Your image brings into light a problem that has been bothering me for a long time now. I've even reported it already but couldn't precisely pinpoint what was causing it... up to now! Your image's refreshed the now precarious memory of this 'old fart' guy (me). :P

It's possible noting that in some situations the dock temporarily loses it's centered position, getting centered only after interacting with it again. Also, zooming doesn't behave evenly throughout it's whole width, and many other apparently unrelated oddities; they could all have just one common cause!

@bobah: are you doing all your math calculations with double precision, only converting to integer values at the end, to determine x, y, size, etc.? I guess not! Please correct me if I'm wrong... otherwise, correct the code, will you? ;)

ps: I'm really praying for being right, because it's so simple to fix...

As I've been doing something unimportant for the last few hours (sleeping :P), I'll try to keep my comments about the latest happenings (they're hot!) at this post.

...There even seem to be legal issues with ssl http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/SSL.EN.aspx
I don't think it'll be of any concern for us.

I changed showing of stacks: grid and stack :) also now when you change size of grid's item it'll be exactly size of icon :) I looked at that video.. and I think I did it same :)
Bravo! bobah. :D

@panta

i just received permission from the rainbowdock skin creator to port and now i just noticed your deviation comment above mine *blush* sorry for taking away your job

*lol* np mate, the job's done, and, anyway, he took a while to reply... :D

demanding much? 0_o?

lets see you work on that dock bro?

just wait til' everything is set man...

~ I can't wait til' next release Bobah13

at atreiu hopefully you can make that Xmail work!!

-SIiK

Sorry siik, but I didn't see what he's saying as a demand!

Oh man... stop doing this, will you? You're just acting defensively, as if you were bobah himself and this is kind of... as annoying as hell!!

Take this just as a friendly advise, will you? ;)

Oops! missed that...

I uploaded new update :) 5.2.1 version. Magnification wasn't changed...
Great!! I'll start testing it right now!

Did you see my post about maths? What do you think?

*runs for downloading*

Edit:

Bobah, you didn't incorporate the latest English lang. file revision!! Here you are:

English.zip

Are there any smoothness improovments planned? E. g. you can do several changes in RocketDock to improove its smoothness. Are you planning to add more options?

You have done a very gread job with your dock and I'm sure I'll use is in some time if its smoothness is improoved :)

*lol* That's probably because I've been designing user interfaces for more than 25 years now (Unix, CPM and DOS anyone? :P) and also used to write technical manuals, both in Portuguese and English, so...

hahah, you've had quite a bit more practise than me ^^ you've been working longer than i've livind so far :D

Man, I was so in need of a good sleep that I'm even glad that you found only 1 typo and that I missed just 1 'pixels' word... *lol*

Have you noticed that I've changed references from dock to panel when dealing with the part and not the whole? (btw I've misplaced one of them; thanks for fixing it.). Also, I've forgotten that at a Mac the recycler is called just 'Trash'; thanks for fixing this too. :D.

yeah, i didn't have much job to do, you did a quality job :)

if i'm not mistaken you changed "empty the trash" to "empty the trash can" so i figured i'd change the naming of the trash icon to "trash can". As i don't have a mac (yet?) i don't know the correct naming, i do think that mac's prefer the word "preferences" over "settings" so i changed that ;)

Thanks for your interest and collaboration!
my pleasure ^^

Hi. About the smoothness, I bet everyone refers to the frame-rate? Because I find everyone is trying to describe smoothness in some technical way, maybe it is about frames per second achieved by the dock during animations.

If that's the case, I'll just say TColorMatrix transforms are really slow, but they're the only way to achieve transparency (as in blitting an image with 50% opacity for example, independently of it being already semitransparent as in 32 bit png files) in GDI+ without doing strange stuff.

Stacks Docklet avoids this altogether, not blending icons when popping in/out. But this is not how Leopard works.

I'm not sure if this is what's affecting XWindows Dock. Bobah, can you make a version (just to test) where TColorMatrix (and TGPImageAttributes) is not used at all? (just pass nil instead of TGPImageAttributes). Just as a test to see if it runs smoother.

No you Wwhhooo a minute all i was saying that, what I have seen of the new Task bar -- Dock in windows 7 is rubbish

and the work that Bobah is doing, deserves some reward, thats all !!

And you Know TweakVista (made by Stardock) is a superb piece of Software, it disengages all the annoying nags that Vista comes with. out of the box

My PC boots straight into my log in. ( I live with my wife in Las Vegas and I have no children, before you security fiends start up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well done Bobah!!!!

fixed 1 typo in the english file.

lol I took for granted that bobah had packed that latest one we'd agreed upon and didn't check that; only revised the last lines... o_O

But (there's always a but ;)) I think you made a mistake: unless Macs use to call 'Finder' as 'finder', 'Explorer' is the right form of referencing to its Windows counterpart (Windows Explorer), right?

Fix it and then upload it again, will you?

Edit:

I was waiting quietly, to see if any of the complainers (myself included) would notice and comment and praise, but I can stand it no more:

Bobah13 has fixed the activation hotspot issue!!

Now everybody, say thanks bobah! *bows*

1. itunes problem in vista (minimizing)

2. winamp problem (minimizing)

3. you need to add a hide taskbar function

4. minimize to dock is ok but where are not minimized windows?

Hey, hey, easy pal, thanks for reporting applications that don't behave as expected but, please, don't demand! There are better ways for expressing your wishes and doubts...

Welcome aboard! ;)