XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

they all worked for me and i am at the newest 4.8 version

They may be working kflakes15, but they were certainly not generated with *the latest* 'XSkinMaker' so that problems are expected; it's not advisable using things other than lined up with the latest tools as we all could start reporting strange behaviors/bugs and, last I heard, bobah's crystal ball hadn't returned from repair yet... ;)

ps: that's why organizing things makes sense ;);)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone,

Well, after carefully comparing the visuals that both the real apple osx dock and xwindows dock offer, and based on previous suggestions that many of you have made to Bobah, I decided to graphically expose those visual aspects that without a doubt would make xWindows dock the most loved, elegant, and attractive GUI tool for us, windows users.

I would like to again thank Vladimir for his hard efforts on making this great dock a reality.

Here it is...

post-88511-1225830494_thumb.jpg

One Question: How do the options "Reaction to change directc" work? I see no effect, when I activate these checkboxes. What are these options for? What does "directc" mean? O.o

The text is truncated, I've already told bobah about that...

It means 'directory' and the setting is related to which events are perceived inside a directory. Perhaps it should read "Monitor directory changes:"

Hello everyone,

Well, after carefully comparing the visuals that both the real apple osx dock and xwindows dock offer, and based on previous suggestions that many of you have made to Bobah, I decided to graphically expose those visual aspects that without a doubt would make xWindows dock the most loved, elegant, and attractive GUI tool for us, windows users.

I would like to again thank Vladimir for his hard efforts on making this great dock a reality.

Here it is...

Thank you for that. I will report as well with some graphical exposures. :]

The text is truncated, I've already told bobah about that...

It means 'directory' and the setting is related to which events are perceived inside a directory. Perhaps it should read "Monitor directory changes:"

Thanks, but which directories are beeing monitored? The "Programs/XWindowsDock/" ? The Stack-Directories? Directories of the Icon-Shortcuts? And what happens, if a "directory change" is detected?

Thanks, but which directories are beeing monitored? The "Programs/XWindowsDock/" ? The Stack-Directories? Directories of the Icon-Shortcuts? And what happens, if a "directory change" is detected?

From the first post:

Reaction to change directory. So when directory'll be changed dock's item jump or not. You can set options, such as: Added, Removed, Modified, Renamed
Perhaps bobah could give a longer description (will collapsed stacks react too?, and so on...) but that's it.

Hope this helps. :)

From the first post:

Perhaps bobah could give a longer description (will collapsed stacks react too?, and so on...) but that's it.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks! Now i got it: You have to click "Watching" in Stack-Context menu (I did't get that before), then the icon reacts, if files inside the Stack-Directory are changed/added. Good for Torrent-Download-Folder or something :)

Thanks! Now i got it: You have to click "Watching" in Stack-Context menu (I did't get that before), then the icon reacts, if files inside the Stack-Directory are changed/added. Good for Torrent-Download-Folder or something :)

Good! That's it. :D

well I just got back from bestbuy

I use the Huge iMac, well anyways I was playing around the dock

i found out,

1) drag the seperators up, the dock size goes up, but does not go past the screen, It actually stops where it needs to be, and also when you drag it down, dock size goes down... btw when dock gets bigger, icon gets bigger

2) when the dock is big, when you put more icons into it, the dock does not extend, which means, the dock gets smaller by like 1px... or something like that, but it gets smaller...

3) Smoother Genie Effect. (Don't worry, if you have a really good graphics card, it would feel the same as a mac, I tried it on a pretty good graphics card, it's really smooth)

there's more but yeah

hope that will help for future, builds!

-SiiK

I have a shitty integrated graphics card, and I still get perfectly smooth genie effect.

@siik: The features you mentioned are pretty cool, but there are more important things right now (like fixing the zooming, allowing for taller dock, etc.

@Bobah: could you change the order in which the dock items are rendered? first reflection, then indicator, then icon. I think that's how the mac dock does it.

I have a shitty integrated graphics card, and I still get perfectly smooth genie effect.

Yeah, the genie effect is pretty smooth, but way too slow. Even with fastest settings, it took about 1-1.5 sec to minimize a window. I wish i could set it double-speed at least...

BTW: The window-state is not remembered: minimize a maximized window, restore it, and it's not restored as maximized.

However: the genie effect is beautiful, if it would be faster, i would use it all day. But it takes too long, so i have to disable task-to-dock and use windows task-bar instead :-(

PS: The animation-speed is a problem for me overall: the hiding and re-showing of the dock is very slow, too. It looks great, but I can't use it, it just slows me down too much. Stack-Animation Speed is fine (about 0.5-0.8 sec)

Ive got an annoying bug that usually occurs in the new build where lines appear after i minimized a window to the dock. Then the lines remain on the desktop. Everything else about the dock is great!

It looks like there is a problem with your window-shadows. Could you turn them off and try it again? I would guess, the window-region that XWinDock refreshes is not big enough to cover the whole shadow.

Yeah, the genie effect is pretty smooth, but way too slow. Even with fastest settings, it took about 1-1.5 sec to minimize a window. I wish i could set it double-speed at least...

However: the genie effect is beautiful, if it would be faster, i would use it all day. But it takes too long, so i have to disable task-to-dock and use windows task-bar instead :-(

PS: The animation-speed is a problem for me overall: the hiding and re-showing of the dock is very slow, too. It looks great, but I can't use it, it just slows me down too much. Stack-Animation Speed is fine (about 0.5-0.8 sec)

I agree, because as I said some time ago, I have an old machine and even with fastest settings, I can not really use the genie effect but I would like to minimize the windows.