XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone want to address the real problems like making the dock reflect the wallpaper as well? Moving the icons down? Making the icons have priority over the indicators? Seriously.

Man, your quite demanding aren't you?

@siik: Thanks, I understand now. So you're saying the skins are forward compatible, but now backward compatible, am I right?

@KAWSquared

1. Reflecting real wallpaper isn't really Important

2. Moving the Icons Down, also isn't important

3. I don't know what you mean, if you mean having "arguments" it's already there, but if you mean something else

then please explain with more information

Important things are Bugs, Compatibility, and a little bit more improvement with the dock

Wallpaper reflection is not one of them

But I will tell you this, Maybe in future you could ask nicely and, possibly in a demanding way ;)

Who knows Bobah13 might take that request in the near future

Though it doesn't look like that'll happen very soon. Bobah just implemented a feature that was requested like 10-15 pages ago. Have patience, let Bobah work at his own pace :) be happy with what you have, because what you have is incredible awesome :D

Though it doesn't look like that'll happen very soon. Bobah just implemented a feature that was requested like 10-15 pages ago. Have patience, let Bobah work at his own pace :) be happy with what you have, because what you have is incredible awesome :D

Bobah13 Knows what he needs to do :) and lets keep it that way

So lets see what he comes up with! ;)

For people who has been making skins for this dock Keep doing what your doing! :D

If you need to convert your old skins to the new one

Take out the Check.PNG

and Drag the rest of the PNG's you have, and drag the config.txt to the skinmaker.exe

and your done!

Ooh, bug report :)

The menus have this strange thing where if you click on a submenu, the menu will close (as opposed to it opening)

Doesn't affect me that much (I normally wait for the submenu to open on it's own) just a quick heads-up.

Thanks for this great app. I have one problem, per pixel skins in windowblinds have a black titlebar when being minimized and restored. Maybe you can fix this? anyone else using a per pixel windowblinds skin?

This is an old problem (fair enough, you just got here) Transparent window details are rendered in black when minimized. This is part of the minimize script that Bobah didn't write :P We'll see what happens...

All you noobs continuously state that "lulz i have teh best emulashuns evar".

You all are terrible deskmodders. I wasn't even that bad when I started.

Bugs and compatibility yes of course, functionality over looks. But seriously, you all want the closest emulation you can possibly get? Ask for it. I'm not demanding, I'm just stating that problems x and y need to be addressed if this dock wants to have a fighting chance at being a perfect clone. Because, frankly, I could achieve everything XWindows Dock does with RKLauncher + Avedesk.

Also, reflections is technically a functionality, not just an aesthetic feature, because if it didn't have reflections, what would make XWD any different from a normal, tiger clone dock?

All you noobs continuously state that "lulz i have teh best emulashuns evar".

You all are terrible deskmodders. I wasn't even that bad when I started.

Bugs and compatibility yes of course, functionality over looks. But seriously, you all want the closest emulation you can possibly get? Ask for it. I'm not demanding, I'm just stating that problems x and y need to be addressed if this dock wants to have a fighting chance at being a perfect clone. Because, frankly, I could achieve everything XWindows Dock does with RKLauncher + Avedesk.

Also, reflections is technically a functionality, not just an aesthetic feature, because if it didn't have reflections, what would make XWD any different from a normal, tiger clone dock?

If you're such an amazing "deskmodder", why don't you figure out how to solve your little problems? Are the icons too far up? Change the icons to be lower down, or change the skin to be higher up. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Besides, RKLauncher and Avedesk are different applications meant to do the same thing. If you haven't noticed, this program has become much more accurate than RKLauncher, plus it's in active development.

If you're going to noob bash, do it somewhere else. :(

Edit: Also, reflections aren't a functionality. Rather, they are a feature. A feature that Bobah hasn't gotten around to implementing yet. Stop yelling. It won't make Bobah listen any more than he already is.

And if you haven't noticed, we aren't saying "lulz i have teh best emulashuns evar". Where the hell did you get that impression?

LOL

So you're telling me that I should lower down the icons myself? That basically defeats the whole purpose.

Also, the dock skin cannot be made higher, since skins require a fixed height of 40px. GG Nub.

Reflections aren't a functionality? So he basically made a normal tiger dock with reflections? Wow dude, think your arguments through next time.

Also, I know that he hasn't gotten around to implementing my aforementioned requests, no shit. I was just telling him that he needs to implement them to achieve actual leopard dock cloning.

And WTF, he is implementing it! Don't be a ***** about it.

Besides, reflections don't make the dock function any more than it does. They just modify the look. Get it through your head.

Also, all of the skins right now are bigger than 40px. I think the dock resizes them, but that doesn't mean you can't add some white space under the dock.

Edit: Lol, I got censored. :D

He's implementing what?

Besides, reflections don't make the dock function any more than it does. They just modify the look. Get it through your head

Lolwat, the reflections are the only thing that makes this dock any different from another dock.

Also, adding blank space at the bottom will mean the dock won't touch the bottom of the screen ;)

Look up the word synonym?

Not quite...<_<

Feature: A beneficial capability of a piece of software.

Functionality:The ability to perform a task or function; that set of functions that something is able or equipped to perform.

Reflections may be beneficial, but they definitely don't let the user do anything.

Anyways, It looks like reshacking it could only change resources for the dialogs and stuff, not the actual dock (I think it's using a bitmap font method or whatever.)