XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Sweet! Looks great now :-) Only one more thing: the separating space is too big. Compare it to another skin (see below). About 1/2 of the width would be enough, I think. Anyway, your skin is currently my favourite, i love it! :-)

ok, i reduce separating space. redownload

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@atreiu: It's not hard to make a show_desktop icon: just take a screenshot of an empty desktop and shrink it. All you need after that is to create a shortcut to the show desktop program, and set the icon to your show desktop icon. There's no need for a docklet ;)

Yeah, i know that this is possible, too. I just change my Wallpaper once or twice a week, so a docklet would be a great help for me :-D Anyway, i guess there are more important things to do, but perhaps a developer like the idea and jump in... ;-)

Thanks! New Menu is really great! And I love the Full-Filename-View in stacks :)

Would it be possible to double- or triple- speed up the minimize Tasks to Dock-Animations? The "genie"-effect looks very nice, but it's way to slow for daily use, even when speed is at max.

One bug introduced with the latest updates: the file-dialog for changing icon-files is hidden behind the icon-properties.

post-90085-1225656541_thumb.png

Excellent update, thanks bobah! :D

There are, tho, some problems... (sorry to say):

1- StackOff isn't being copied from skin file to 'Current' or not being incorporated into skin file.

2- The one pixel line bug at the right edge returned (see screenshot below). I've used your recommended dimensions in this skin; I've noticed that the default one isn't following those recommendations tho (and, strangely, doesn't present this bug).

post-58609-1225659047_thumb.jpg

umm i have a problem. NONE of the skins are reconzied. I even redownloaded them and nothing please help

Have you read bobah's latest post? Right now you have two choices: the default one (included) or mine (a few post ago too). Hope this helps.

wow..Bobah13 man..u are so quickly :)

Awesome update...

But I have 3 strange things to say:

1. When I open the menu...all my text letters are transparent ?! I can;t view the menu text ...with a white partial colour wallpaper...I something that I missed to set?

2. I stack file preview....for pictures, avi ...It doesn't workin anymore.

3. U put away the About menu?! :D Because it's not there ...

hmm, since everyone's all "wtf's wrong with my skinz, they aren't workingz" and since that's true enough, here's a tutorial for converting skins by yourself from oldversion to newversion:

note: When I say "old" I mean the old xwindows dock, when I say "new" I mean the latest.

-Use the old xwindowsdock and load the skin you want to convert (if you forgot to backup, that's totally your fault)

-Go to the "skin/current" folder and copy everything over to the new tools folder

-Edit the Config.txt and change the first line to Description=[NAME OF SKIN]

-Save and close

-Drag and drop Config.txt into XSkinMaker.exe, a file should popup.

-Rename the file to whatever you want and stick it into your new Skins folder.

-Close the old xwindowsdock and open the new one.

There you go

Edit: Apparently, you don't have to do the above. Feel free to do so if you want. I didn't really check what happens if you didn't update the skin file.

ok thanks for the answer and i guess i will jsut wait for ports or i will try some my self but i never do it good and i dont really want to download old one cause i finally got this one working. So i will wait. And Bobah the menus are so much better great update

andrew if u find anything please post thanks

1. When I open the menu...all my text letters are transparent ?! I can;t view the menu text ...with a white partial colour wallpaper...I something that I missed to set?

2. I stack file preview....for pictures, avi ...It doesn't workin anymore.

3. U put away the About menu?! :D Because it's not there ...

2.: File types - Settings are lost during update. I set them again, restart and previews are working fine again, for me.

3.: See Screenshot below

post-90085-1225661318_thumb.jpg