XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bobah13, could you please try fixing this bug? I find myself having to close XWindows Dock many, many times as it keeps getting into view when not required, obstructing other applications' area. I know there must be other, more critical bugs to fix but this one is really annoying... :(

Bug Report:

1 - Dock shows itself while moving the cursor over the area where it's supposed to be shown only when moving the cursor to the bottom edge of the screen; this area within other applications becomes unreachable as it gets immediately covered by the dock.

That looks nice BOBAH! Keep going for it!

I just hope people will not abuse their rights for bug reporting by turning it into a full-fledged complaint...

You talkin' to me? Have ya ever worked collaboratively? It's more than just kis... you know what? Nvm!...

You talkin' to me? Have ya ever worked collaboratively? It's more than just kis... you know what? Nvm!...

@ panta, he didn't mention any names, so don't suspect that it's you already, your actually making yourself look guilty already, so calm down, and you are right, We can at least give out pointers, or suggestions, It's not that were complaining, were just saying what we feel about the dock, and Developers would also love to hear that coming from you guys! I know there are some bugs in this docks, But hey listen For a beta version of this dock, It's Really going great, and Plus we can't all be perfect, there is NO SUCH THING as a PERFECT Application, I'm pretty sure the real Mac Leopard Dock Has some bugs too!

Regards

-SiiK

Hey... I'm workning now at menu style :) I think it'll be cool... so now you can look at the first betta of this menu :) Just click onto form

Nice! But the shadow is somehow looking unnatural. I think because its on every side. But I don't care, good work!

@ panta, he didn't mention any names, so don't suspect that it's you already, your actually making yourself look guilty already, so calm down, and you are right, We can at least give out pointers, or suggestions, It's not that were complaining, were just saying what we feel about the dock, and Developers would also love to hear that coming from you guys! I know there are some bugs in this docks, But hey listen For a beta version of this dock, It's Really going great, and Plus we can't all be perfect, there is NO SUCH THING as a PERFECT Application, I'm pretty sure the real Mac Leopard Dock Has some bugs too!

Regards

-SiiK

Greetz SiiK, no worries, everything's fine at my end. It's just that if you read between the lines, and even the lines themselves ;) you'll se why I bothered answering to him.

I'm a professional software/systems developer for industrial automation for more than a quarter century (!!), so that I guess I know the kind of input is needed for developing a piece of software, mainly a top quality one like XWindows Dock. Perfection? I pray by Paretto's rule (80/20)... :P

I just felt like venting a little... *lol*

Cheers!

Panta, I wasn't referring to anyone... I'm just being paranoid.

The reason why I wrote that was because(in my opinion) we need a balance of reports, complaints, and commendations. If there's too much bug report(suggestions included) without the respect, it won't seem like a bug report. If there's too much respect without bug report, people will start making conspiracy theories in relation to kiss-ups.

I'm not trying to be one, I'm just still astounded that there is a very active project in the time I've spent here!

Seriously, I don't want to be a kiss-up; I just want to say thanks.

I got a nice idea for a docket! Should be easy to code, i think:

Could someone please make a Show-Desktop Docklet? The special extra would be, to create a thumbnail of the current desktop (or wallpaper) as the Dock-Icon. :-)

There are some show-desktop icon out there ( http://catniper.deviantart.com/art/Desktop-Icons-64291164 ) trying to look like a desktop, but as far as i know, there is no docklet for other docks, who can show the actual desktop as an icon :-)

@ethereal: I got the same problem :-( I think the coder is the only one who can help us...

@cruzar: VERY NICE SKIN! Only the running-indicators look out of place... could you do something about it? :-)

I got a nice idea for a docket! Should be easy to code, i think:

Could someone please make a Show-Desktop Docklet? The special extra would be, to create a thumbnail of the current desktop (or wallpaper) as the Dock-Icon. :-)

There are some show-desktop icon out there ( http://catniper.deviantart.com/art/Desktop-Icons-64291164 ) trying to look like a desktop, but as far as i know, there is no docklet for other docks, who can show the actual desktop as an icon :-)

@ethereal: I got the same problem :-( I think the coder is the only one who can help us...

@cruzar: VERY NICE SKIN! Only the running-indicators look out of place... could you do something about it? :-)

i change indicator :)

http://www.deviantart.com/download/1024439..._by_Ivanciu.rar

post-1371-1225640572_thumb.jpg

@atreiu: It's not hard to make a show_desktop icon: just take a screenshot of an empty desktop and shrink it. All you need after that is to create a shortcut to the show desktop program, and set the icon to your show desktop icon. There's no need for a docklet ;)