XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Are you guys still encountering the photoshop problem when you minimize it?

and the little bars are still floating in the background?

well I just bought CS4 Photoshop

and i minimized it, it's fixed!!!

no more floating bars!

sorry offtopic but dude cs4 my god i dont have money to spend on it i wish. I have cs3 got in a way if u know what i mean. Nice

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry offtopic but dude cs4 my god i dont have money to spend on it i wish. I have cs3 got in a way if u know what i mean. Nice

Oh, well dude just keep saving up i'm pretty sure you'll get there...

It wasn't that much for me, since i got hooked up by my friend and sold me the Whole Photoshop CS4 for only $250

so it's not much, at least i don't have to pay $500.00+

lol :D

but yeah if you guys want to see that no floating bars, i'll post it later, i'm not on my computer right now...

hey there, great application you've made, it's much better looking than any other dock application i've used yet and also has some features like mirroring other don't have.

problem is, it all worked great the first few hours and then suddenly it stopped working properly and now it constantly used 50% cpu and reacts very slow :(

i looked up some stuff and i saw saw stuff about GDI being accelerated or not by some drivers etc, now i know i have some issues with my gfx card and i wonder if that could be the problem.

a few months ago my gfx card died and i could only use it without driver, i bought a new one which didn't work with a driver either for some strange reason and now i have on that's at 80°C idle :s altough it does work except for hanging after a while in heavy 3D games.

i find it especially strange that i seemed to work fine in the first couple of hours and then suddenly broke?

i tried deleting all files and downloading again. i tried running it from another folder and i tried rebooting, nothing helped so far, i've seen 1 other comment yet about cpu usage which said 100% usage, i have a dual core, he may have had a single core cpu??

Ok I have found and converted Alu Corved 3D skin from RocketDock to XWindowsDock:

for download click here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/154480196/AluC...start.smxd.html

click on "Free user" and then "Download"

Hi freestart, this is a really nice skin, but for v4.8 its reflexions are advancing below the 'floor' of the dock, till the edge of the screen. Is this something unplanned due to the new version or it's something I can fix myself via settings?

Can you help me please? Thanks in advance! :D

Hi freestart, this is a really nice skin, but for v4.8 its reflexions are advancing below the 'floor' of the dock, till the edge of the screen. Is this something unplanned due to the new version or it's something I can fix myself via settings?

Can you help me please? Thanks in advance! :D

He's probably going to have to customize the whole

middle border to get the reflection right...

because if you see the Alu Curve is way diff from leopard docks...

it has a 3d-ish look and the ends are curved

so i'm guessing someone's going to have to customize that middleborder.

This is a great app in progress! Much better than RocketDock and the like. I had a couple questions on how to use the great features of the dock.

1. I know it was said before, but when trying to preview videos in the dock, are there certain file types of video it will play? I have the K-lite codec pack with Media Player classic as my default player and I am not able to see any video previews if I left click and hold for 2 seconds.

2. What does the "file types" option in the settings panel do (where it says 'video, audio, picture, text')? How do you use that function?

Thanks and keep up the great development.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to type in the extension (.avi, .mkv, .mpeg, etc.) of the type of file (video, audio, etc.) in the "File type" menu of Settings to get the preview.

Edit: Can you define multiple types of video file types (.avi, .mkv, .mpg, etc.)? If so how?

He's probably going to have to customize the whole

middle border to get the reflection right...

-----

so i'm guessing someone's going to have to customize that middleborder.

No, he'll just have to change the Z-order of the reflections. If you observe closely, reflections are actually under the dock, and the transparency is dependent on the opacity of the scurve(Or Left, Right, and Middle borders.

After downloading XWindows Dock v4.8 and testing it for a couple of days, this is my bug report. I've generated it for contributing to the development of this exceptional dock, as it's evolving at a really fast pace and presenting a increasing amount of functionality at each build. Please don't take this as any kind of demand but, instead, as a sign of support.

Bug Report:

1 - Dock shows itself while moving the cursor over the area where it's supposed to be shown only when moving the cursor to the bottom edge of the screen; this area within other applications becomes unreachable as it gets immediately covered by the dock.

2 - Dock gets hidden while navigating on menu items and icons inside a stack (both fan and grid).

3 - Menus are not showing 'utf-8'-aware text for languages other than the system's native one. Language sub-menu displays only 'English' and the native one, if present; other ones are represented by ???????? (question marks). In my PC I've seen this for both Russian and Simplified Chinese, although it supports both languages in other applications (such as browsers, TotalEdit, etc).

4 - "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000" is shown when trying to change the label of an icon that's inside a stack - both fan and grid (the stack's been created, item by item, from OpenOffice applications). Note that the label gets changed while the dock's still running; after exiting and running it again, the original label returns.

Important!! This only happens if the dock gets hidden while changing the label; otherwise the label gets changed normally (without receiving any exception and the changed label remains changed after exiting and running the dock again).

5 - It's practically impossible accessing menu options at the bottommost icon in a fan, as the stack's icon returns to its normal size the moment the cursor leaves its boundaries; right-clicking shows the context menu but, as soon as one moves the cursor, the menu gets hidden.

6 - At both extremities of the dock, zoom effect of icons behaves differently from other ones; this is easy to spot, by placing the cursor at the center of those icons, compared to the center of the other ones. Strangely enough, it's even more noticeable at the leftmost icon!

Observation:

- Regarding (1) I'd like to ask you this: don't you think it'd be better if the dock counted down for showing up instead of for hiding itself? In other docks it's usually possible to establish a time interval (in milliseconds, internally) in which the dock keeps hidden, preventing it from showing up when not intended. This wouldn't be such a big impacting change (just a guess), as the user interface would be only slightly changed (title of the property) while the implementation would reuse the timer code, now for showing the dock up.

-----------------------------------------------

If you need any further testing and/or information please feel free to contact me (I'm a professional software architect/developer), as I'd be glad in helping you to further improve this already amazing application!

Congratulations for what you've already achieved!! :D

This is part two of my bug report.

Bug Report 2:

1 - Labels for Control Panel, My Computer and Trash icons are always in English, in spite of the chosen language.

2 - Dock gets shifted to the sides! Try start hovering over the dock from, let's say, the right side, then leave its boundaries by moving up the mouse pointer while still hovering its middle part; repeat this same procedure a few times and the dock reaches the right side of the screen and even beyond!! Sometimes, if one moves the mouse pointer carelessly, it moves back to its centered position again...

3 - Options > Settings dialog box, tab labeled Other: Reaction to change dire... (text gets truncated from this point on).

Observation:

- Regarding (1), their corresponding translated labels could be obtained from the corresponding language file (or even from the system) by default, unless the user explicitly changes it via Edit in context menu.

Again, hope this helps! :D

Sure, this can be done this way... but don't you think it'd be nice to have it automatically changed, as the resources are available at the language file? Just a suggestion tho. ;)

About the other things I've reported: is this the type of input you expect in return for your efforts in developing XWindows Dock (for free!!)?? Or do you prefer demanding requests?... :P

i find it especially strange that i seemed to work fine in the first couple of hours and then suddenly broke?

i tried deleting all files and downloading again. i tried running it from another folder and i tried rebooting, nothing helped so far, i've seen 1 other comment yet about cpu usage which said 100% usage, i have a dual core, he may have had a single core cpu??

Yes, an app which normally consumes 100% CPU in single core cpus, will consume 50% in dual core / core duo and 25% in quad core cpus (i.e. it is really consuming 100% of a single core, so you have 50% and 25% respectively). So you may be having the same problem, or at least the same symptoms.

i bought a new one which didn't work with a driver either for some strange reason and now i have on that's at 80°C idle :s altough it does work except for hanging after a while in heavy 3D games.

What video board do you have? (chipset + manufacturer, such as nVidia, from XFX manufacturer, etc...)

Did you overclock it?

Did you try underclocking it? (it helped me during summer days with a cheap nVidia I bought long time ago, good chipset, bad manufacturer -no cooler at all-)

There are two things I'd like to ask to anyone who can help me:

1- What is the exact format for File types? e.g. Picture: .png, .jpg, .gif or png, jpg, gif or png jpg gif or ...... I'm asking because it's not clearly stated anywhere (the first post and help file would be the best places).

2- Stacks from explorer (or otherwise) are suposed to show thumbnails of imge files? This post http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...2&postcount=152 from matonga gave the impression that yes, but I don't see any thumbnail. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

It works for me... When you load a folder full of images ( I used ".bmp;.jpg;.jpeg;.png;.gif;" for the file types) you get little thumbnails of each picture. Click and hold a thumbnail for a larger preview. Click and hold a movie file and it will show a larger preview and start playing.

make sure you separate each extension with a semicolon:

.bmp;.jpg;.jpeg;.png;.gif;

post-87077-1225317393_thumb.jpg

Yes, an app which normally consumes 100% CPU in single core cpus, will consume 50% in dual core / core duo and 25% in quad core cpus (i.e. it is really consuming 100% of a single core, so you have 50% and 25% respectively). So you may be having the same problem, or at least the same symptoms.

What video board do you have? (chipset + manufacturer, such as nVidia, from XFX manufacturer, etc...)

Did you overclock it?

Did you try underclocking it? (it helped me during summer days with a cheap nVidia I bought long time ago, good chipset, bad manufacturer -no cooler at all-)

it's a passively cooled nvidia GeForce 7600GS from pointofview with 256mb of memory

i tried underclocking it with ntune but it still crashed in games, right now ntune is not installed because i tried a system restore which led to Xwindows dock suddenly working again, let's see what happens this time...

i have no experience with under/overclocking, i don't know if changing ntune's settings affecting the mhz of the card count as underclocking

matonga it looks great

but do i just drag it in the docklet folder?

Oh, sorry, yes, extract .rar contents into Docklets folder.

Mine looks like this:

• XClock.dll
  • XClockSkins (steal***cough***, borrowed from Vista Sidebar)
  • XDocklet.dll
  • XDocklet.dpr
  • XDockletSrc.pas
  • XWeather.dll
  • XWeatherIcons (icons by Craig Butler, didn't ask for permission, but I'll do ASAP)

Oh, sorry, yes, extract .rar contents into Docklets folder.

Mine looks like this:

• XClock.dll
  • XClockSkins (steal***cough***, borrowed from Vista Sidebar)
  • XDocklet.dll
  • XDocklet.dpr
  • XDockletSrc.pas
  • XWeather.dll
  • XWeatherIcons (icons by Craig Butler, didn't ask for permission, but I'll do ASAP)

OMG! OMG! matonga and Bobah You Guys kick ASS!!! i love the docklets

keep up the godd work XD