XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Привет! Снимаю шляпу! Просто что-то невероятное!! :)

Это самый лучший док из того, что я когда-либо видел! Просто невероятно!!!

Отражения работают (у меня Windows XP SP3, русская).

Кстати, привет из Луганска ;) Если хочешь -- я могу помочь в разработке как советами/дизайном/тестированием, так и в разработке. Хотя я больше работаю в C++/C#, но, может, чем-нить тебе помогу :)

В любом случае, буду рад пообщаться в ICQ: 249169964, jid: deavyinc[at]gmail_dot_com

Could you make it a task switcher like ObjectDock? If the application is already running, then it will be brought to front if you press the icon instead of opening the application again

basically just a single instance of the application, instead of opening a new window

Untitled-1-37.png

I find myself loving this site more and more each time I visit. Thanks mods! :)

Anyway, I've been using the dock for a while now, and don't have any major problems with it. Works better than any other dock application, and I must say I'm in love.

If anything, I'd like the ability to more easily change the icons of the my computer, trash, and control panel dockets. Also, I haven't really tinkered with it, but what exactly does the Xdocklet do?

If anything, I'd like the ability to more easily change the icons of the my computer, trash, and control panel dockets. Also, I haven't really tinkered with it, but what exactly does the Xdocklet do?

Just add File:

1. C:WINDOWSexplorer.exe for "My Computer"

2. C:WINDOWSsystem32control.exe for "Control Panel"

3. Don't know about Trash

About Xdocklet, as I understand, this's just sample of docklet with sample source-code (XDocklet.dpr, XDockletSrc.pas)

If anything, I'd like the ability to more easily change the icons of the my computer, trash, and control panel dockets

You can use "Explorer /N,::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}" for Recycle Bin and, certainly, paths which was specified by Deavy and use dialog to change an icon.

Anyway, I've been using the dock for a while now, and don't have any major problems with it. Works better than any other dock application, and I must say I'm in love.

It works well, but it's far from the best when it comes to overall consistency and speed.

-I cringe every time I see the font, it needs to be worked on quickly.

-Clicking on the icon when I want to execute an application isn't too pleasant either.

-The label graphics are off, do you want me to help you with them? I have dock resources of all types.

-And one of my biggest pet peeves... The icons' reflection should be under the dock, and they shouldn't be transparent. In Leopard, the transparency of the reflection is actually dependent on the scurve's transparency itself.

(Example: The scurve is 80% opaque. This means that the icon's reflection will only show through 20% to complete the full 100%. So basically, just keep the icons under the dock, and at 100% transparency.)

But again we must remember that Leopard's dock is very powerful and is a part of an operating system and is made by a lot of software developers

I think the author did an insanely good job in such short time, keep it up!

Of course we could all come with a lot of suggestions that the dock needs to be real:

- Work on the icon zooming because it's currently very glitchy

- Can you move the icons closer to each other? Leopard's dock can fit so many icons together in no space, I think it's because it only leaves a certain amount of space between the icons, regardless of the icon file used

- The minimized application should show an icon of what app it belongs to (ie a minimized safari screen displays a small safari icon on the minimized app)

- Do a taskbar like mac OS docks - if the application is not on the dock and is run it will appear to the right of all the other icons

(I hope you understood that)

And many many more things you could add...... are you really doing all this awesomeness alone? You should share it so everyone can build on the dock: Look at AWN, Kiba and Cairo dock apps for Linux, they're insanely hardcore and all because it's opensource!

tl;dr - YOU'RE GOING FURTHER THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DONE WITH PLUGINS AND ADDONS ON OTHER DOCKS! YOU ARE THE KING

But again we must remember that Leopard's dock is very powerful and is a part of an operating system and is made by a lot of software developers

I think the author did an insanely good job in such short time, keep it up!

Of course we could all come with a lot of suggestions that the dock needs to be real:

- Work on the icon zooming because it's currently very glitchy

- Can you move the icons closer to each other? Leopard's dock can fit so many icons together in no space, I think it's because it only leaves a certain amount of space between the icons, regardless of the icon file used

- The minimized application should show an icon of what app it belongs to (ie a minimized safari screen displays a small safari icon on the minimized app)

- Do a taskbar like mac OS docks - if the application is not on the dock and is run it will appear to the right of all the other icons

(I hope you understood that)

And many many more things you could add...... are you really doing all this awesomeness alone? You should share it so everyone can build on the dock: Look at AWN, Kiba and Cairo dock apps for Linux, they're insanely hardcore and all because it's opensource!

tl;dr - YOU'RE GOING FURTHER THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DONE WITH PLUGINS AND ADDONS ON OTHER DOCKS! YOU ARE THE KING

I'm shocked :) If you want to get sources, you can use linux and there sources, for exmaple anyone of the docks for windows is open source ? :) So and I won't publish it. and it's free project for use and you can't tell me what I must do ;)

Hey sorry BOBAH, didn't mean to be commanding you :o do it at your speed

And Phoshi means that you should add more filetype icons

Currently in the C:program filesxwindows dockskinscurrent there's .PNG for folder, recycle bin and stacks icons only... the rest of icons in stacks becomes ugly

You should add some for filetypes like doc, txt, mp3... and well, you could also add a feature where we could choose what filetypes we would want to use and then decide our own icons

I hope you understand all this :/