XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

atreiu, about xcal. 2 things. can i add my own background image. 2 it would be sweet if I could adjust the font size, color, angle, X/Y coords for the date and month. similar to the iCal docklet for rocketdock.

thanks much

Currently you can change the Image by adding an image to the Docklets/XCal/ folder. I will think about your suggestions to add options for the text.

Hey guys,

awesome work you are doing. but sadly ive got a problem with the dock: it wont minimize explorer windows to the dock. every program i run is working fine besides that. i tried to find a solultion in this thread, but 112 pages is a litte bit much to read, so sorry if this has been mentioned and solved before.

...as long as I sit and play with Windows 7 beta, I see a nice request for next XWD which is only keeping me now from not using dock under W7... :) When you have in taskbar of W7 pinned shortcut of application (i.ex. Photoshop), when you click and hold an icon you see a list of recent opened documents in that app. It could be nice to have that kind of feature in dock, click n hold on app icon to see something like a stack but with recently opened documents in that app. It is really useful!

...as long as I sit and play with Windows 7 beta, I see a nice request for next XWD which is only keeping me now from not using dock under W7... :) When you have in taskbar of W7 pinned shortcut of application (i.ex. Photoshop), when you click and hold an icon you see a list of recent opened documents in that app. It could be nice to have that kind of feature in dock, click n hold on app icon to see something like a stack but with recently opened documents in that app. It is really useful!

Not a bad idea, cross my fingers!

@Elevati0n: no.

@primecut: It's never been mentioned before. Is there any more info you can give? Check the exclution list, programs you're running, etc.

Hey,

just reinstalled XWD, still not working. Exclude list is empty, never added anything to it anyway.

Im running german Vista 64 Bit SP1 with dual monitor and customized visual style. I already tried to disable one monitor, to change the visual style to default and install the german language file but that didn't fix it.

At the moment i can't think of an application that would block explorer windows to minimize to the dock.

Any help appreciated

hey im kinda new here but i've been a lurker here for months since Sept 2008 , anyways i just downloaded Xwindows dock last december 26 and it's AWESOME! well i just want to know where i could find this plug in or something stuff that would make my stack grid like this attachment.php?attachmentid=12808&d=1226047045 like that when clicking a picture from the grid it will show a mini photo viewer. thats what i want to have on my dock

and one more thing, what is the current version of the latest Xwindows dock? im currently using 5.2.3 Xwindows dock

thanks on advance =) keep up the good work dude (developer) and more power to you! =)

-MarikKun

Hi MarikKun..glad to like Bobah13'app..awesome right?

Well...u can do that "miniphoto viewer" in stack just simple. use Alt+left Mouse and u 'll have that stuff right away :D

the last version of XWD is 5.2.3 right...u can find the link on the first post. Don;t hesitate to view the others thread about XWindowsDock too ;)

Cya

Hi MarikKun..glad to like Bobah13'app..awesome right?

Well...u can do that "miniphoto viewer" in stack just simple. use Alt+left Mouse and u 'll have that stuff right away :D

the last version of XWD is 5.2.3 right...u can find the link on the first post. Don;t hesitate to view the others thread about XWindowsDock too ;)

Cya

thanks Elevati0n =) i did what you told but at first it didnt work but i tried holding the left mouse button and press the alt key on the keyboard and it works like a charm =) thanks again =)

-MarikKun

????? No way! Where did you take this info from?

The right mouse gesture is left-click and hold it clicked for a moment; then the 'quickview' will show up.

Sorry for the double-post, but...

thanks Elevati0n =) i did what you told but at first it didnt work but i tried holding the left mouse button and press the alt key on the keyboard and it works like a charm =) thanks again =)

-MarikKun

Just a side-effect of holding it clicked longer than usual... ;)

sweet! this update seems promising!

I will have to add my requests for docklets... i think i will be ready to switch from RKL now :)

EDIT:

The problem is where. Since i mainly have petitions for the docklets creators and not for the main XWD development (xcal and xmail)... Maybe just a PM then?

EDIT:

The problem is where. Since i mainly have petitions for the docklets creators and not for the main XWD development (xcal and xmail)... Maybe just a PM then?

Hm, there is not a real place for feature requests on Docklets... PM is ok, but posting in the forum would be better, because otherwise i would have to answer multiple PMs requesting the same things etc. I think the "Bug-Forum" might be the best place for feature requests.

EDIT: PS: As soon as the new XWD-Version is out, I will put all my (updated) docklets into an extra Thread, where you can request or report anything about them. I do this, because some morons think it's funny to spam the "Releases Only thread", and it's getting harder and harder to find anything there.

Hm, there is not a real place for feature requests on Docklets... PM is ok, but posting in the forum would be better, because otherwise i would have to answer multiple PMs requesting the same things etc. I think the "Bug-Forum" might be the best place for feature requests.

EDIT: PS: As soon as the new XWD-Version is out, I will put all my (updated) docklets into an extra Thread, where you can request or report anything about them. I do this, because some morons think it's funny to spam the "Releases Only thread", and it's getting harder and harder to find anything there.

If bobah and docklets developers - mainly you, for now :D - agree, we could create a thread just for feature requests. This would help organizing things a little better... What do you guys think about that?

As for a new thread for your docklets I'd like to ask you to reconsider this decision as if this trend goes on we'd end up with a thread for each skin developer too and at the end this would be even more confusing. A moderator is already looking at our Releases-only thread and is about to purge it from spurious post (made by those morons you've mentioned...) and requests/comments/bug reports made there - they'll be moved, if applicable. Now if only the community could contribute for the organization of things, that'd be great, as we all know... ;)

If bobah and docklets developers - mainly you, for now :D - agree, we could create a thread just for feature requests. This would help organizing things a little better... What do you guys think about that?

As for a new thread for your docklets I'd like to ask you to reconsider this decision as if this trend goes on we'd end up with a thread for each skin developer too and at the end this would be even more confusing. A moderator is already looking at our Releases-only thread and is about to purge it from spurious post (made by those morons you've mentioned...) and requests/comments/bug reports made there - they'll be moved, if applicable. Now if only the community could contribute for the organization of things, that'd be great, as we all know... ;)

Hi Panta, if a Moderator would maintain the Releases Thread and delete the morons-posts from time to time, that would be fine, too! But I would like to see another change there: on every Release there should be a note, for which XWD version the release is. That's because there are many people getting problems with old skins/language files/docklets... This version-note has to be updated, too. (A Moderator would be able to do that, but i don't know if he WILL do it).

About the Requests-Thread: Well, hand to the heart, the separating doesn't work well. It doesn't work for the Releases Thread, and it doesn't for the Bug Report Thread. People seem to post anything anywhere anyway... I don't know, if another Thread makes much sense, but it doesn't hurt to try it, either.