BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

XMail bugs screensgot attached

One more to BOBAH13: when docklet properties window is opened magnification becomes ragged.

And it will be cool if user can control items in stack like others: delete, drag it to dock and so on

To XGrab author... it will be cool if there are close icon in next version(hope it will be soon) and it's impossible capture for example settings windows of other docklet

post-93656-1231453717_thumb.jpg

XMail bugs screensgot attached

One more to BOBAH13: when docklet properties window is opened magnification becomes ragged.

And it will be cool if user can control items in stack like others: delete, drag it to dock and so on

To XGrab author... it will be cool if there are close icon in next version(hope it will be soon) and it's impossible capture for example settings windows of other docklet

You mean a close button for the Grab-Area Frame, right? I think i can do that. Till then, you can use ESC to cancel the screenshot and close the frame.

Capturing Settings-Windows: this was possible at the beginning, but there were some usability problems with it, so i had to skip it. But there is an easy workaround: you can use the timer! Set it to about 5sec, use "grab active window", click the grab-icon to activate the timer, then within 5 sec, open your the options window you want to grab. That should do it. :)

About XMail, i have to look into it, but it seems like XMail couldn't connect to imap.googlemail.com for some reason. Maybe because your Internet-Connection was down, or there was a timeout or something. I think this also happens, if you go in Standby-Mode etc. I see what i can do about it...

I just installed XWD a few days ago and love it! I was using Rocketdock before but this is a lot nicer and most closely resembles the Mac dock. Everything works perfectly even the genie effect, which RD didn't have. I do have an issue though...

I use the application shortcut feature on Google Chrome, like Prism, which I have created many windows for gmail, google calendar, google reader, and some 37 signals products. However, if I run one of those windows from the dock I get indicators under all of the other chrome spawns even if they're not open. This alone doesn't bother me except if I have one of those windows open, like Gmail, then I can't open up Google Calendar unless I close out the Gmail window.

Thanks for this great product!

I use the application shortcut feature on Google Chrome, like Prism, which I have created many windows for gmail, google calendar, google reader, and some 37 signals products. However, if I run one of those windows from the dock I get indicators under all of the other chrome spawns even if they're not open. This alone doesn't bother me except if I have one of those windows open, like Gmail, then I can't open up Google Calendar unless I close out the Gmail window.

Thanks for this great product!

The indicator thing will probably be hard to fix, because this is everytime the same Program (Chrome), only with a different URL. It's like having running-indicators for Word-Files, instead for only Word.

I guess your second problem depends on the first: XWindowsDock thinks you already have the program running, and then just switch to it, instead starting a new instance. You should be able to fix this, by using this XWD-setting: "Other" -> "When left clicking" -> "Run" (not "Either run or activate").

I just installed XWD a few days ago and love it! I was using Rocketdock before but this is a lot nicer and most closely resembles the Mac dock. Everything works perfectly even the genie effect, which RD didn't have.

Hehe. Looks like XWD finally has enough features to draw in RD enthusiasts ;)

I think that I may have to re-install because every time the dock loads up after a system restart then the original icons, control panel and trash bin, keep re-appearing on my dock. I always have to remove these each time because I don't need them. I tried to remove them from the data files and it'll work after the first reload, but then on the next they pop back up.

I think that I may have to re-install because every time the dock loads up after a system restart then the original icons, control panel and trash bin, keep re-appearing on my dock. I always have to remove these each time because I don't need them. I tried to remove them from the data files and it'll work after the first reload, but then on the next they pop back up.

Yeah, sounds like you should try a reinstall. Never heard of this problem before. Messing with the data-files is usually not a good idea.

XMail bug screenshot attached

BOBAH 13, bug with ragged magnification while properties windows is opened is too annoying, will it be fixed soon? Maybe it's good idea to start new thread, in which there will be only list of found bugs sorted by importance and bug reports?

When can we wait for new release?

post-93656-1231505219_thumb.jpg

XMail bug screenshot attached

BOBAH 13, bug with ragged magnification while properties windows is opened is too annoying, will it be fixed soon? Maybe it's good idea to start new thread, in which there will be only list of found bugs sorted by importance and bug reports?

When can we wait for new release?

We already have a Bug-Reports Thread, but not a Bug-List. I guess it would be nice, if someone from the community could maintain such a list, what do you think, Bobah?

XMail: Maybe I will try a rewrite, soon.

Edit: Good news, i found a workaround for a lot of my problems with my IMAP-Component. So my frustration level about it decreased, and i im encouraged to write a better working XMail for the next Version of XWD (with some new options, too). But Pop3 will still not be supported!

We already have a Bug-Reports Thread, but not a Bug-List. I guess it would be nice, if someone from the community could maintain such a list, what do you think, Bobah?

XMail: Maybe I will try a rewrite, soon.

This seem to be that something like Bugzilla could do that; but then not here, perhaps at the new site? Here there's no infrastructure for this sort of need... (besides, the fate of a new thread like that is well known by now, don't you think so too atreiu? People over here seems to just love spamming well organized threads... ;))
Edit: Good news, i found a workaround for a lot of my problems with my IMAP-Component. So my frustration level about it decreased, and i im encouraged to write a better working XMail for the next Version of XWD (with some new options, too). But Pop3 will still not be supported!
Hi atreiu!

You most certainly is aware of it but, just in case... Have you tried ICS from http://www.overbyte.be/frame_index.html (has support for SSL, POP3, etc... *hint* *hint* *hint* lol)

As I said, just in case... :D

Hi atreiu!

You most certainly is aware of it but, just in case... Have you tried ICS from http://www.overbyte.be/frame_index.html (has support for SSL, POP3, etc... *hint* *hint* *hint* lol)

As I said, just in case... :D

Hehe, no i didn't know about ICS, so thanks! But as it doesn't support imap, i guess i stay with Indy and try to get this to work probably.

PS: the problem about pop3 is not a missing component, it's the limited protocol. There is no way to check for unread messages through the protocol itself, the only way to do this is: download every mail, save it on the harddisk, then compare them to the emails on the server, to see if something is new. That's pretty circuitous, that why i stick with IMAP, at least until imap is bug-free.

when can we wait for new releases of XWD and XMail? it's probably a good idea to make update feature in XWD?

Latest version for now is 5.2.3, am I right?

I was under the impression that we're calling the latest release 5.2.3b, but yeah, you're probably right.

boobah13:

is it possible in the next feature to set independently from the bottom reflection, the position of indicator? When you change the bottom reflection, the consequence is the icons and indicator ride up. And for some skins, it's an inconvenience because the indicator look better sticked to the bottom. Am i clear? :/

A pic to explain:

sanstitre4hz5.jpg

hey guys. one other thing i noticed is that xwd doesn't recognize change in screen size. I use a docking station at work and when I disconnect from the dock, the dock does not readjust to my new screen size. Same when I connect to dock.

atreiu, about xcal. 2 things. can i add my own background image. 2 it would be sweet if I could adjust the font size, color, angle, X/Y coords for the date and month. similar to the iCal docklet for rocketdock.

thanks much

boobah13:

is it possible in the next feature to set independently from the bottom reflection, the position of indicator? When you change the bottom reflection, the consequence is the icons and indicator ride up. And for some skins, it's an inconvenience because the indicator look better sticked to the bottom. Am i clear? :/

I completely agree. I had to decimate my theme because of this limitation :(

Perhaps just calculate cutoff in a different way? If it's possible, you probably don't want to add too many layers... We already have 3 ;)