XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

love the progress with this dock. been following this from very early on and im quite interested in seeing where this ends up. thanks for the hard work bobah.

ive asked this in the past.

. when i create a stack from folder, the icon on the dock seems to be the first icon of the file within that folder. If i change the icon, the icon appears in front of the icon of the folder. is there a way to not show the items within the folder and just apply the assigned icon only. hope this is clear.

also. is there a way i can install this as a portable app rather than using the installer?

thanks

. when i create a stack from folder, the icon on the dock seems to be the first icon of the file within that folder. If i change the icon, the icon appears in front of the icon of the folder. is there a way to not show the items within the folder and just apply the assigned icon only. hope this is clear.

Not possible yet. But it has been requested a lot of times, so maybe bobah include an option for this, soon?

thanks for the quick response.

couple of other things

1. minimize windows. If i uncheck the minimize windows using option, then the windows dont get minimized to the dock. If i choose default or genie, then the effect is slow and staggered. is there a way I can minimize to dock without any effects.

2. in stacks, i have the option to 'hide stack when losing focus' checked. When i have a stack open, and I click on another window, the stack closes. However, when a stack is open and I click on my desktop, the stack remains open. I'm using litestep as my shell (stacks docklet with rocketdock works fine).

3. the minimized applications looks quite bad in the dock. i quite like how it looks in rocketdock when minimized. attaching 2 screenshots to prove the point.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/rocketdock_running.png

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/xwindowdock_running.png

looks like this dock is shaping up really nice. a few minor gripes and i look forward to future releases. i esp like the fact that the stack icon sizes can be changed, the menu look and feel is very neat. the mouseover ballon is a neat touch. keep up the great work.

1. minimize windows. If i uncheck the minimize windows using option, then the windows dont get minimized to the dock. If i choose default or genie, then the effect is slow and staggered. is there a way I can minimize to dock without any effects.

2. in stacks, i have the option to 'hide stack when losing focus' checked. When i have a stack open, and I click on another window, the stack closes. However, when a stack is open and I click on my desktop, the stack remains open. I'm using litestep as my shell (stacks docklet with rocketdock works fine).

3. the minimized applications looks quite bad in the dock. i quite like how it looks in rocketdock when minimized. attaching 2 screenshots to prove the point.

1. This is apparently also a popular demand.

2. Works for me... What version of windows are you using?

3. It looks completely different on my computer... Kinda like rocketdock, but without the icon sticking down.

Hi TenZen!

If you don't want your new skin getting lost almost immediately, you should consider publishing it at the right thread: [thread=50543]XWindows Dock Skins, Docklets and Support Files.[/thread]

@all: the funny thing is that people keep publishing here and commenting/asking/reporting/annoying there... :slant:

I'v deleted config and started over...with same problems but i'v configured it for work...I'm using gmail by the way...If i'l have the same error I'l make a shot

But bug with sensitive area on the left is too annoying(sorry, i'v mixed with right side), it's over all active programs, so I can't interact with them... attacghing screen one more time

post-93656-1231389579_thumb.jpg

About website, it's still being created. About "menu's bug" please tell what exactly did you do ? Because one screenshot isn't enough to fix it. Also I have already done, magnification and now you can change item's count for magnificaton like 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 :) and the dock is faster and smoother (as I think) now.

...But bug with sensitive area on the left is too annoying(sorry, i'v mixed with right side), it's over all active programs, so I can't interact with them... attacghing screen one more time
We can see that you have this problem but I don't remember anyone else reporting it (at least not this way) so it must be related to other programs that you have running at the same time as XWD in your machine. You should supply a full spec of your PC and what you're running when the problem occurs (such as other customization programs and the like).
We can see that you have this problem but I don't remember anyone else reporting it (at least not this way) so it must be related to other programs that you have running at the same time as XWD in your machine. You should supply a full spec of your PC and what you're running when the problem occurs (such as other customization programs and the like).

It might also be related to your settings! I noticed slightly different behaviors, depending on settings like Magnification and Autohide etc.

Please provide a screenshot of your "Icons"-Settings and your "Panel"-Settings of the Dock-Settings Dialog.

Something else:

Shishimaru started the XWindows Dock Desktop Showcase - Thread, where we can show and discuss our XWD Desktops :)

AAbout "menu's bug" please tell what exactly did you do ? Because one screenshot isn't enough to fix it.

the menu bug is shown when dock is set to always on top, then it takes focus off left lower part of desktop,

something like invisible window in this part, which sits always on top of other windows so when you try to move for example files to playlist in itunes , you can't - you lose focus like you would have been moving them to some other app. the same with other apps, and right click in that space - XWD right click menu appears.

the menu bug is shown when dock is set to always on top, then it takes focus off left lower part of desktop,

something like invisible window in this part, which sits always on top of other windows so when you try to move for example files to playlist in itunes , you can't - you lose focus like you would have been moving them to some other app. the same with other apps, and right click in that space - XWD right click menu appears.

That's it!! But i can't reproduce it right now...

by the way... IMHO it will be useful feature to show existing copy of running program when clickin on icon of running program instead of running new copy...

Settings.xml

by the way... IMHO it will be useful feature to show existing copy of running program when clickin on icon of running program instead of running new copy...

already implemented: In the settings, activate the option in

"Other" -> "When left clicking" -> "Either activate or run".

About website, it's still being created. About "menu's bug" please tell what exactly did you do ? Because one screenshot isn't enough to fix it. Also I have already done, magnification and now you can change item's count for magnificaton like 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 :) and the dock is faster and smoother (as I think) now.

Where is the option to change item count?

Also, would it be possible to make the magnification effect continue a bit after the last icon on each side, so it size starts to decrease a bit?

Between I found a small bug. The reflection start when we aproach the bar, not when we are on it. If you put a high magnificaiton number you will easely see what I mean.

Also, would it be possible to make the magnification effect continue a bit after the last icon on each side, so it size starts to decrease a bit?

That's totally true, BOBAH13. That's why I say magnification should activate when we are on the icon, not on the "magnification zone".

What I mean is this:

For example, if I have 500 pixels of magnification, the dock takes 500 pixels of the desktop to activate magnification, so when I put the mouse over the 500th. pixel, the magnification activates, no matter the little size of my icons.

That's why I said before I had a problem with the fan stacks: I had a 100pixel magnification, and I wasn't able to click the first icon, because magnification activated and the stack moved.

I think this is a critical bug which MUST be fixed.

Thanks for reading.

Hello

I was wandering if anyone could make me a dock file using the icons I have put in the .zip file.

I ask because the skin maker seems to be buggy for me and it never make me the skin.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could.

You must have a Config.txt to make your skin.

Thank you.