XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

downloaded latest version and found three bugs:

1) When reflection of windows is ON, there are also copies of reflections of icons

2) Don't see skins, even if write by hands in settings.xml, just say that does'n see skin file,older version see them normally

3) Magnification starts not when pointer is over icon, but when it's over invisible at that moment caption

The general impression is that program is great, but moving isn't smooth for every pixel of mouse movement... And if program stops crash and can show icons of running programs(not only minimized; tray—ideally) I'l become permanent user of it! Waiting for new releases :-[

One more usable feature is to move bottom edge of all maximized windows to dock's top edge

PS Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native lang

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

downloaded latest version and found three bugs:

1) When reflection of windows is ON, there are also copies of reflections of icons

2) Don't see skins, even if write by hands in settings.xml, just say that does'n see skin file,older version see them normally

3) Magnification starts not when pointer is over icon, but when it's over invisible at that moment caption

1) It's been asked before. It's apparently been fixed for the next version.

2)Dunno what your problem is. If you download one of our new skins and put it in the skins folder, it should work

3) Correction, Magnification starts when pointer is over icon. However, many icons are transparent at the top ;)

3) Correction, Magnification starts when pointer is over icon. However, many icons are transparent at the top ;)

Actually he's quite right: magnification begins before reaching the first pixel of the icon cell. The bigger the ratio between size/magnified size, the easier to notice it... ;)

Actually he's quite right: magnification begins before reaching the first pixel of the icon cell. The bigger the ratio between size/magnified size, the easier to notice it... ;)

It's already fixed, about windows's reflection it happens because I capture all screen and therefore you can see normal window (with all effect of window) and icons also. But I use XP SP3 and I can't see any icons :) So I'll think about it later...

BTW. I saw many guys posted like this.

Maybe I'll make something easier to find about downloading for new persons

who want to download it but don't know where....

Thank you :)

I quote myself, because I think this is a really important issue:

BTW: Any news on the website? Deavy hasn't written anything about it for some weeks, now.

It would be so cool, to have a site, where the people would be able to download all the newest stuff.

For example, if you want to download themes to your dock, it's currently a mess to find themes that work with the newest XWD, without following this whole thread all the time. There are so many outdated versions around... Must seem daunting for outsiders.

A website, where the theme-developers or the docklet-developers could upload their files, with a simple version-control, and a big Help/FAQ-Section, similar to the mozilla-add-on site (but maybe simpler ;)), that would help so much!

If Deavy is too busy right now, perhaps some other people from the forum could jump in?

Link is empty :(

UPD. Link is worning O_o

Don't be frightened about the Cyrillic, you just have to click on the link on the website where it says:

"Чтобы скачать запрашиваемый вами файл, нажмите на ссылку: http://nemecsx.narod.ru/Theme/XWindowsDockInstaller.zip"

because it means nothing else but:

"To download the file you requested, click on the link: http://nemecsx.narod.ru/Theme/XWindowsDockInstaller.zip"

You have to click that link on that site!

1) It's been asked before. It's apparently been fixed for the next version.

2)Dunno what your problem is. If you download one of our new skins and put it in the skins folder, it should work

2) Sorry, newest skins are seen, my fault

3) Don't think so, sensitive area is about +1/3 height of dock on top...

Especially it's seen when u'r trying to click on lower icon in stack

Well I am sad to say I have went back to rocketdock because of several reasons.

1. The exclude list for minimizing does not work for me.

2. Rocketdock minimizes the whole program of photoshop. Xdock only minimizes part of it. The brushes and layer boxes don't minimize with the rest of the program.

I will be waiting and hoping that the next version will fix these little grips.

2. Rocketdock minimizes the whole program of photoshop. Xdock only minimizes part of it. The brushes and layer boxes don't minimize with the rest of the program.

ok, but meanwhile there's a solution to this: you can press the Tab key and the brushes and boxes will disappear.Then , once the Photoshop window is restored you press Tab again to get everything back.

Hope it works.

What Photoshop are you using, I got CS4 and I don´t have that prob.

screenshot.jpg

one more bug — sensitive area over desctop to the right part of screen... see screenshot

attachment.php?attachmentid=13538&d=1231344756

ps. while writing found one more: when trying drop item out of dock, item freezes in dragging by mouse while dock size is reducing...

one more: when item is dragged out of dock, but not dropped, it can't be returned to dock...

Don't know if I should write about it here, but XMail doesn't work for me too, annoying alerts "Range check error" and so on...

Still waiting for new releases and bugfixes ;)

Don't know if I should write about it here, but XMail doesn't work for me too, annoying alerts "Range check error" and so on...

Still waiting for new releases and bugfixes ;)

Yes, to ask HERE is okay, but asking in the XWindos Dock Bug Report - Thread is even better. Asking in the Releases only Thread was a bad idea, it keeps spamming the thread. (We have now 7 pages, 4 pages of spam by people who don't get one of the numerous advices)

To XMail: When do you get this error? When you click "Test Settings"? Did you tried a fresh reinstall and are you sure that every file is in its place, just exactly like it is explained here?

EDIT:

one more: when item is dragged out of dock, but not dropped, it can't be returned to dock...

Hell, this one is bothering me so many times, too xD I don't know how many times I removed my Icons accidentally. But at least I get to see this wonderful Poof-Effect :P

Sorry, missed thread, don't know how to delete, send report...

I created 3 accounts, then changed some settings, docklet started to crash... I deleted2 accounts and left only one but when try to get folders or test settings gets "Range check error", however docklet is too raw, despire the flexibility and amount of settings

ok, but meanwhile there's a solution to this: you can press the Tab key and the brushes and boxes will disappear.Then , once the Photoshop window is restored you press Tab again to get everything back.

Hope it works.

thanks I will try this once I get home. I'll just have to exit the dock if I want to play a game. If anyone can offer any advice why the exsclution list doesn't work.

I created 3 accounts, then changed some settings, docklet started to crash... I deleted2 accounts and left only one but when try to get folders or test settings gets "Range check error", however docklet is too raw, despire the flexibility and amount of settings

Yeah, I know, XMail isn't in good shape, and I'm not active developing it anymore (for some reasons).

Which email-Provider are you trying to connect to? Can you give me a Screenshot of the error and your Settings? (Don't forget to blur out your username).