XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Bobah rewrote window reflections, so I guess it should work for more people in the next version.

As for the execution list, it works fine for me... Though I used the button.

I tried to test if the list worked. I first tried firefox.exe. no luck. Next I tried the window thing onto firefox. Still no luck.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, how do you add docklets? Ive tried extracting them to the xwindowsdockdocklets section, but I cant find them anywhere in xwindowsdock to add them

A common mistake is: you have to restart the dock, after extracting the docklets into the directory. Then they should appear in "rightlick on dock" -> "Add". Please give feedback, if you still have problems, and which Docklet you tried.

Hey atreiu, could you try adding an outline to the text shown over XHarddrive's icon? Something like matonga's XWeather's text would be really nice.

Yeah, I would love this, too! I have to ask matonga, how he did it. I couldn't figured it out myself... Thanks for reminding me, i send him an PM right now!

A common mistake is: you have to restart the dock, after extracting the docklets into the directory. Then they should appear in "rightlick on dock" -> "Add". Please give feedback, if you still have problems, and which Docklet you tried.

I did that but I can't find the docklet in the add menu

I did that but I can't find the docklet in the add menu

Which Docklet did you try to install? Can you post a list of the contents (files and folders) in your /XWindowsDock/Docklets/ - Folder?

I tried to test if the list worked. I first tried firefox.exe. no luck. Next I tried the window thing onto firefox. Still no luck.

It's working fine for me, too. Both ways (firefox.exe and the window thing). What system do you use?

Im trying to install the xharddrive docklet and the XAniIcon docklet.

Ok, here is your problem! You have one folder nestled too much. Copy all Files and folders from your

/XAniIcon and /XHarddrive-v0010 - Folders into the /Docklets/ folder. You must end up with this:

/XWindowsDock/Docklets/XHarddrive.dll

/XWindowsDock/Docklets/XHarddrive/default.png (and some alternative .png-files)

and

/XWindowsDock/Docklets/XAniIcon.dll

/XWindowsDock/Docklets/XAniIcon/frame1.png (- frame20.png)

Then everything should work after a restart.

New version: XHarddrive-Docklet v0.11

Big thanks to shishimaru and panta for icons and suggestions, and to matonga for help with the coding.

Added:

* Outline for the text on the icon.

* Settings to position the text on the icon.

* Customize your docklets mouse-over Caption

* Many new Icons included (Thanks, shishimaru and panta!)

* New Placeholder "$lb" to force a line-break in the icons text or the mouse-over Caption.

Changed:

* The default settings and default Icon.

Fixed:

* Bug with empty, unusable docklet, when Icon-file is not found.

* Bug with getting an error message, when you exit XWD.

Please remember: You HAVE to delete your /XWindowsDock/Docklets/XHarddrive/ - Folder before unzipping the new version into it!

PS: In the screenshot you can see 6 of the Icons with different settings for the icon-text.

post-90085-1231227331_thumb.png

Hey Bobah, can I ask you for help? How can I make Forms with transparent Backgrounds and put a semi-transparent PNG on it, in Delphi?

If you take a look at my Calendar-Window of XCal-Docklet, you will see, that the whole window is a little bit transparent, but I would like to make only the background transparent, not the text on it. You did this on your stacks and on the Icon - Captions, but I don't know how :-) Which Delphi Components do you use? The default TForm only supports 1-Color transparency.

I know you asked Bobah :) but shall I suggest you this one?: (see attachment) not exactly a component but works fine.

unitLayeredWindow.pas.txt

I know you asked Bobah :) but shall I suggest you this one?: (see attachment) not exactly a component but works fine.

Thanks for this one. This will help drawing a window etc. But my main concern remains: It does not support any Controls like an Edit field or something, right? Even Buttons i have to implement by my own. Not to mention any focus-control for elements on the Layer... That would be a lot of work, I think I'm not willing to spend so much effort :P But I certainly will use your unit, if i just have to paint something, that doesn't need a lot of interaction. :)

New version: XHarddrive-Docklet v0.11

Big thanks to shishimaru and panta for icons and suggestions, and to matonga for help with the coding.

My pleasure atreiu! Glad I could help you somehow. This new version is a great improvement to the docklet! Great new options!! :D

Just a suggestion for improving any future version: in your default text, you should change from gb to GB for representing giga-bytes, as b represents bits while B stands for bytes (and giga, just like mega (M) and tera (T), is capitalized too).

ps: any news from POP3?

Thanks for this one. This will help drawing a window etc. But my main concern remains: It does not support any Controls like an Edit field or something, right? Even Buttons i have to implement by my own. Not to mention any focus-control for elements on the Layer... That would be a lot of work, I think I'm not willing to spend so much effort :P But I certainly will use your unit, if i just have to paint something, that doesn't need a lot of interaction. :)

I don't know of a way of doing what you want in XP. In Vista it is possible as far as I know.

The only way I know in XP is to use the 1 bit transparency and proper background color, then put a TLayeredWindow behind with the per-pixel alpha background. The TLayeredWindow should be disabled (I don't know if I implemented that property)

You must take into account to move, resize, show and hide both the 1-bit transparency window with the controls and the layered window, at the same time.

I don't know of a way of doing what you want in XP. In Vista it is possible as far as I know.

The only way I know in XP is to use the 1 bit transparency and proper background color, then put a TLayeredWindow behind with the per-pixel alpha background. The TLayeredWindow should be disabled (I don't know if I implemented that property)

You must take into account to move, resize, show and hide both the 1-bit transparency window with the controls and the layered window, at the same time.

Yes, I already tested this solution (Transparent TForm in front of a TLayeredWindow) with a sample i found on the internet. But it was working very sloppy. As soon the Window(s) have to be moved or refreshed, it started to create some ugly glitches. But with a non moving and non refreshing Window, it was quite okay. Well, i see what exactly i need and then search for the best solution. I think there is no golden way in general...

First let me say I use xwd exclusively support you guys 100%! I'm not *****in here just pointing something out.

I'm running Sony Vaio XP home sp2 tclock avedesk true transparency finderbar have xwd set to hide and un-hide 2sec.

I have found what I believe is a bug with v5.2.3 or at least on my machine and it didn't happen on other versions.

1. Whenever I go2 preferences>make any changes >apply- the dock will not re appear. cntl-alt-del shows the app running. I end process from there and restart all is well...?

2. every time 1. happens and on other occasions( sorry I will try to narrow them down) True Transparency closes or crashes or whatever you call it.... the app no longer runs and icon disappears from tray.

On a completely different point... I don't seem to be able to find all the docklets available for xwd. For example above is mentioned "XAniIcon docklet" ... I have searched this and I believe all the forums on Aqua-Soft including the obvious "xwd release" started by Panta and of course Googled it..... with no results?

thanks in advance!

In an earlier post I showed how to create docklets with C++ Builder. I wanted to create something useful so I created an FTP-docklet. It was harder than expected because I had to fiddle with the ICS-sockets library to make it work within a dll, but here is my first attempt, nevertheless...

Configure the docklet with an ftp account. Now you can simply drop a folder on it and it will upload. You can also configure it to either upload a specified local folder or browse the ftp folder when clicked. To avoid mistakes you might select to have a confirm dialog shown before the one-click-upload.

It is built using vcl and rtl runtime packages but I didn't test on other systems if these packages actually must be supplied with the docklet. Maybe those of you creating docklets with delphi can tell...

I don't know whether I am allowed to use the icon, just something I found with google.

(And maybe it isn't wise to place the docklet next to the recycle bin... :)

post-90271-1231277983_thumb.jpg

XFTP.zip

In an earlier post I showed how to create docklets with C++ Builder. I wanted to create something useful so I created an FTP-docklet. It was harder than expected because I had to fiddle with the ICS-sockets library to make it work within a dll, but here is my first attempt, nevertheless...

Configure the docklet with an ftp account. Now you can simply drop a folder on it and it will upload. You can also configure it to either upload a specified local folder or browse the ftp folder when clicked. To avoid mistakes you might select to have a confirm dialog shown before the one-click-upload.

It is built using vcl and rtl runtime packages but I didn't test on other systems if these packages actually must be supplied with the docklet. Maybe those of you creating docklets with delphi can tell...

I don't know whether I am allowed to use the icon, just something I found with google.

(And maybe it isn't wise to place the docklet next to the recycle bin... :)

Looks promising! Good job!

Good to see, that other Docklet Developers are out there! Now i have to get a free FTP-Account somewhere, to test your work :) Thanks!

PS: You should publish your Docklet in the Docklets/Themes-Thread. It was intended as a repository, where only all the downloading things can be found together. (Even if some people started do discuss there, too): http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=50543