XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

No :) it's here only 19:29... in Ukraine. So in the next realese I'll publish new docklet - example and add

// to work with timers

SetTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Interval: DWord; State: Boolean): Boolean stdcall of object;

GetTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): DWord stdcall of object;

// events

OnTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): Boolean stdcall;

Also I made option to change stack's speed but I think now stack isn't smoother than before... and 5 january I'll get my paypal at then end :)

Hey Bobah, can I ask you for help? How can I make Forms with transparent Backgrounds and put a semi-transparent PNG on it, in Delphi?

If you take a look at my Calendar-Window of XCal-Docklet, you will see, that the whole window is a little bit transparent, but I would like to make only the background transparent, not the text on it. You did this on your stacks and on the Icon - Captions, but I don't know how :-) Which Delphi Components do you use? The default TForm only supports 1-Color transparency.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some bugs:

-in minimize sometimes the windows rest on screen (and aero disappear);

-too many ram use;

-you have to add other effects on icon click;

-windows reflection causes double icon reflection;

-you have to add other doclets;

-the skin maker is not intuitive;

-i want a stack like the flyout menu of objectdock (the possibility of make visible only the stack icon and not the icons of content...).

Sorry for my english and i hope to see the grown of this magnific software... is absolutely the best dock on windows!!! thanks

No adepti?

No ;) You should to see to Windows Layers direction... and UpdateLayeredWindow function.

Thanks! But the use of UpdateLayeredWindow is quite limited, there are no child Controls supported (like EditFields, Buttons) :( I would have to write my own controls, right? Or is there a repository which can help me? Currently I need would need some Buttons (with mouse-over effect etc...). If i have to code them on my own, that would be much more work, not sure if i will do this... :P

[[ Update: ]]

A second new docklet:

XVolume - Docklet v0.01

Very simple, just works like the volume-control in the taskbar.

More details and download in the only Releases Thread (Don't give feedback there! I will not read it!)

post-90085-1230758365_thumb.png

~~wow~~ It works well on my vista!!!!!

Some suggestions:

I hope this dock can reserve edge of screen(such like Objectdock), and can be installed as a system service, so that dock can appear with the Taskbar at the same time after login.

Good Idea!!!

I agree.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A little problem:

The function "show on mouseover" doesn't work with maximized applications such as Word 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Excel 2007 and Safari.

I wonder why. So BOBAH13, this must be fixed!!!

Same exact problem here.

Bobbah; I don't want to discourage you , but the way that error message is written makes me think that there's no way you can receive money through paypal in Ukraine, no matter how good your credit card or credit history is Maybe I'm wrong, but the message it's pretty clear. We have to think of a workaround.....

that's strange... what are your specs? Are you running any other programs? Because I get 0% cpu usage...

@shishimaru: nice!

What specs? I am using XP pro SP3 and windows blind. Even if I do a clean install, dock uses 20% cpu with only computer, control panel, and recycle icons, no doclets, no stacks. Is there any conflict with WB or may be something else on my system. Dont know whats going on here.

Bobbah; Hmm,, nope: still same error message... this is frustrating.

hope we can find a solution so we can help you and thank you in a proper manner.

Have a great 2009 Vladimir!

D+

ps: I'm answering here because your email inbox seems to be full.

Paypal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Ukraine market will be able to receive funds in future but the

date is unknown yet.

Thanks again for writing, and thank you for being part of the PayPal

community.

Sincerely,

Damien

PayPal European Services

PayPal, an eBay Company

What specs? I am using XP pro SP3 and windows blind. Even if I do a clean install, dock uses 20% cpu with only computer, control panel, and recycle icons, no doclets, no stacks. Is there any conflict with WB or may be something else on my system. Dont know whats going on here.

There where some problems with window blind, but as far as I know nothing cpu-related... Anyway, could you turn of Windows Blind and try it again?

A constant use of 20% CPU for XWD is very unusual, normally it takes 0-3% and only jumps in, if you do something (open stacks, mouse over for magnification etc.). So, I think there is something wrong with your configuration... What you can try is, to turn every effect off in the options: no magnifaction, no reflection (use 2D-Dock), no Windows-Reflection etc... just try turning off everything, and see if it changes something. This could help us finding where you have conflicting settings.

I suspect it has to do with your video card. What does your system run? I have a machine (Core2Duo 2.4Ghz with 2 Gb Ram, WinXP SP3,) that uses an Nvidia Quadro 1600m (updated drivers) and when running XWD, it's stuck at 20~30% CPU, and that's with all the dock's bells and wistles (Mirror, dock zooming, dock minimizing, etc.) turned off. My other machines that are less spec'd, but use more commercial video cards and integrated graphics do not have this problem.

I suspect it has to do with your video card. What does your system run? I have a machine (Core2Duo 2.4Ghz with 2 Gb Ram, WinXP SP3,) that uses an Nvidia Quadro 1600m (updated drivers) and when running XWD, it's stuck at 20~30% CPU, and that's with all the dock's bells and wistles (Mirror, dock zooming, dock minimizing, etc.) turned off. My other machines that are less spec'd, but use more commercial video cards and integrated graphics do not have this problem.

That's strange, i got an old Celeron M 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM and a VERY cheap onboard chip Chrome9, XP SP3 and XWD has always 0% CPU, until i move over it or something, then it goes up to ~75% CPU.

There is what I have already done in this message:

all folowing things will be in the next realese

1. New Blur effect for Icons and windows's reflection

2. New windows's reflection (without background, it also depends on video card and your settings, for example I have got radeon 9600 and I can't see any "icon's reflection" when any window is reflection onto the dock)

3. Made stack's animation much better and faster. And make speed to animate stacks in mili seconds.

if you want to send money to me I think it'll be possible if you go to any bank and put money into my card (Visa - classic). Of course I understand that is not so compofortable method but it's my last hope :) if you agree I'll publish my card's code and some information to do it. Thanks for your understanding.