XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

When does it use ? When magnification is enabled ?

actually, 60% sounds right. It took 20% from my core2duo... But only when I moved my mouse around, turned stacks on/off and stuff like that.

Regularly, it takes 0% cpu.

@Bobah: I'm getting this strange glitch where whenever I plug something in and click on my computer, the dock freezes until whatever I plugged in gets detected. Kind of like when you click "open folder" and it doesn't show up so you click on the desktop icon and it works from there but then the folder pops up again... If you can understand any of that, congratulations. I don't know how to word myself better.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you have stack for my computer or monitoring for it? I think that's because its trying to load it up, but its still not yet recognized.

Is that even possible? I'm just using the my computer icon (same as linking to ::{as239047u;oirt;w5rj2;3iou42o34whatever it is :P)

EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION!!!

Here are my last 2008 skins! They're 36 skins: 13 2Dskins, and 23 3Dskins.

PLEASE CHECK PREVIEW SCREENSHOTS, CHECK BOTH!!!

Here you go:

http://www.file-upload.eu/download-1347952...-SKINS.zip.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!!

DOWNLOAD, DOWNLOAD!!! ; )

It's about 69MB, sorry, but I had to upload all the skins are in a ".zip" file.

post-92675-1230691123_thumb.png

post-89-1230691123_thumb.png

Bobah! I just redownloaded the 5.2.3-Version and i noticed, that you changed the english-language file (to the "pro"-version, lol). I don't like this language Version. It's way worse than the old one, imho. "Finder" is not fitting in Windows, also when click "Hide", it closes the Dock, and not hide it, and many many more issues. I hope you change it back, soon, I liked your own Version much more! (Perhaps a native-speaker could take a look at it, too)

I got a question for everybody:

I was thinking about some features for this dock, and I found one interesting for the future;

What do you think about having the option to change the skin automatically in a specified time (every time I logon, every day or week...)?

I mean to have a "skin changer" for this dock. Sounds nice, right?

Would somebody please answer this question?

(I hope BOBAH13 Thinks about it for a future release)

I released a new docklet:

XHarddrive - Docklet v0.01

It monitors and displays the free/used/total space of your Drives. (see Screenshot below)

More details and download in the only Releases Thread (Don't give feedback there! I will not read it!)

I got a question for everybody:

I was thinking about some features for this dock, and I found one interesting for the future;

What do you think about having the option to change the skin automatically in a specified time (every time I logon, every day or week...)?

I mean to have a "skin changer" for this dock. Sounds nice, right?

Would somebody please answer this question?

I don't need it. I use a skin as long as it pleases me, no tool can know how long this takes. Then i usually change the theme and the whole appearance of the dock, (including icons, to go with the new theme). No tool can do this for me. Implementing your idea would be a waste of Bobahs time, imho. ;) PS: Thanks for porting the whole bunch of skins!!!!

post-90085-1230705602_thumb.png

EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION!!!

Here are my last 2008 skins! They're 36 skins: 13 2Dskins, and 23 3Dskins.

PLEASE CHECK PREVIEW SCREENSHOTS, CHECK BOTH!!!

It's about 69MB, sorry, but I had to upload all the skins are in a ".zip" file.

Wow incredible!

Thanks Mattey for porting many many skins :)

@atreiu

Thanks for the great docklet :D

2 atreiu: why don't you use Dock's functional ? I mean you use only .ini files but you can use this functional of the dock:

// data of the XDocklet

SetInt: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Value: Integer): Boolean stdcall of object;

SetDWord: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Value: DWord): Boolean stdcall of object;

SetDouble: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Value: Double): Boolean stdcall of object;

SetBool: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Value: Boolean): Boolean stdcall of object;

SetStr: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; const Value: String): Boolean stdcall of object;

SetWStr: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; const Value: WideString): Boolean stdcall of object;

GetInt: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): Integer stdcall of object;

GetDWord: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): DWord stdcall of object;

GetDouble: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): Double stdcall of object;

GetBool: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): Boolean stdcall of object;

GetStr: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): String stdcall of object;

GetWStr: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): WideString stdcall of object;

2 atreiu: why don't you use Dock's functional ? I mean you use only .ini files but you can use this functional of the dock:

I asked you months ago about that, but didn't get an answer ;) : every time I try to use your Docks function for storing values, I get _massive_ problems with Exceptions. I did a lot of testing, but the same function sometimes works, sometimes cause an exception. It's wired, i have no idea why, but I think it has something to do with how the transfer of the values between the dock and the docklet is timed. I'm pretty sure I did everything correct on my side. (I tried everything i could imagine).

It gave me a lot of headache, so i decided to work with my own ini-files, because then i have no problem with these exceptions anymore...

BTW: Could i get an API-method for Mouse-In/Mouse-Out-Events? I think many cool things would be possible with this! For example Fly-Out Elements, Icon animation, etc...

@bobah:

Hi mate! I posted the original English language file at XWindows Dock Skins, Docklets and Support Files thread with the update needed for XWD 5.2.3b. I hope you include it back to the distribution at a forthcoming update.

@bobah:

Hi mate! I posted the original English language file at XWindows Dock Skins, Docklets and Support Files thread with the update needed for XWD 5.2.3b. I hope you include it back to the distribution at a forthcoming update.

Thanks, Panta! Way better than the current default. Even the opacity <-> transparency issue seems to big fixed :)

Thanks, Panta! Way better than the current default. Even the opacity <-> transparency issue seems to big fixed :)

My pleasure, mate! You know, 'don't try to fix it if it ain't broken...' ;)

Edit: see if any of these are of any use...

post-58609-1230715455.png

post-89-1230715455_thumb.png

post-89-1230715456.png

Bobah! I just redownloaded the I don't It's way worse than the old one, imho.

SNIP

A short while ago, I took a look at that file and made a few changes. take a look at that? It's a few pages back.

edit: I'm a bit late... You're probably best off using Panta's version then... He knows what he's doing.

No :) it's here only 19:29... in Ukraine. So in the next realese I'll publish new docklet - example and add

// to work with timers

SetTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String; Interval: DWord; State: Boolean): Boolean stdcall of object;

GetTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): DWord stdcall of object;

// events

OnTimer: function(Index: Integer; const Name: String): Boolean stdcall;

Also I made option to change stack's speed but I think now stack isn't smoother than before... and 5 january I'll get my paypal at then end :)