XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Isn't that still kinda glitchy? Last time I checked, it couldn't scroll, and it loads up pretty slow. I think it's trying to load all subfolders when you click on it. It should load subfolders on mouseover, the way windows does it :P

Well, then just give BOBAH13 a CLEAR request, explaining it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please, what is the best method to apply the latest version of the xwd and retain all icons, settings and skins? I have extracted over the old version files, copied and pasted the settings, docklets data and dock items files and each try works sort of but i'm sure there is a better way. I find nothing in the forums about it.

Thanks in advance

Please, what is the best method to apply the latest version of the xwd and retain all icons, settings and skins? I have extracted over the old version files, copied and pasted the settings, docklets data and dock items files and each try works sort of but i'm sure there is a better way. I find nothing in the forums about it.

Thanks in advance

Installing over works for the most part (it worked for me). Skins won't go over. You need to convert them yourself or wait for new skins.

I released my latest skin at http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...7&postcount=119

Thank you :)

Oh man, your skins are just great! :D Do you think you could do a stony Skin? Polished marble or rough granite or something? I love your wooden skins, that's why I'm asking :)

@all Themers (except shishimaru):

I don't know, but i would love to see more creative, different skins. With different shapes, patterns and effects. Most of the skins are looking very similar. That's not bad, but i think more variety could open minds to different skins :) Just thinking out loud ;)

Installing over works for the most part (it worked for me). Skins won't go over. You need to convert them yourself or wait for new skins.

I always run into trouble, when i tried to do this :( Maybe it was just bad luck. So yeah, i vote for an more easy updating process, too ;) But well, it takes me 15min to set my Dock up, so it's not THAT important, imho.

I saw that Denis is talking about a skin update for XWindowsDock 5.2.3b? I am missing smth?:)

And btw, just a strange "bug"....starting dock...ok....opening an application (ex.Total Commander) good...when i look at the dock...my bottom TCommander window is mirrored in the Dock ;)

And stay there until I do an refresh or I open a menu in dock :) What's wrong with this?

My OS is an Windoze Media Center 2005 on a Acer notebook btw ;)

1. I said this a bit earlier, but just write a program that presses the windows button. I could do that. There's no need for a docklet.

2. You could use iShut standalone

3. Standalone means it doesn't need another program. You made a contradiction :P

4. We have a pop3 mail docklet (kinda glitchy) but it works. I don't use outlook, so I'm not sure...

5. What does that do again?

6. I'm confused

7: OK, that might be nice.

8. With anti-aliasing, window reflection, icon shadow, and magnification turned off, it went down 1.5MB. Not much to say about that. How much do other docks use?

9. I guess that would be nice... I wouldn't use it though.

1. My bad on this one, I figured it out by using a script.

2. Figured this one out too, my bad again.

3. Sorry lol, I was referring to docks that have this, Avedesk's creator made an excellent one for some docks, perhaps he could make one for this dock?

4. kk I'll check it out.

5. Its just like the start menu only skinnable and you can add the programs you want.

6. Standalone stack comes as a program. To make your standalone stacks you have to create a shortcut of the stack, add text of your choosing at the end of the target, Rename the shortcut then point the shortcut to the folder you want. It saves all this information in a config file. When I'm using xwindows dock, it, instead of using each shortcut as a shortcut, just uses the target application, this unfortunately renders my standalone stacks as useless as when I click on them it just opens up the main program which is basically an explanation of how to use the program (what I just told you). So if the dock could use shortcuts as shortcuts, then I could do double stacking as I currently do in object dock.

7. I think so too, Avedesks's creator also made a digital clock for object dock that is pretty nice and customizable.

8. Again ignore the fact that I said this, this completely cut down the ram, thanks.

9. I just prefer my dock at the top of the screen personally.

Also as a huge leap that I know is asking a ton of the developer (but hey one can wish) would it be possible to implement Windows 7 superbar features for all items on the dock? Also instead of IE8 as is shown in the video could you perhaps do this for Firefox's tabs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AqXaNr8ag&feature=related

This is just a request and just me trying to help the developer with ideas for making it even better.

@Bobah I tried to develop a skin with the new feature when I noticed something - since the indicators are drawn on the same layer as the icons (and consequently the reflections) when I set the icon cutoff to 4 px, the indicator is no longer at the bottom (where it needs to be for the effect to work)

Thanks for the reply! When I installed over with the latest I noticed the dll was updated to 5.2.3but the program still had the old look. For example the "preferences" window was the 5.2.2 one and I wonder if other important program changes were missed? Anyway thanks again for the reply and I enjoy reading the solid info here.

thx

Oh man, your skins are just great! :D Do you think you could do a stony Skin? Polished marble or rough granite or something? I love your wooden skins, that's why I'm asking :)

Thank for your suggestion :)

I always consider many materials which match the dock and reflection.

Some materials are not in harmony with reflection such as grass / paper / carpet / etc.

(If you don't mind, I'll make them)

BTW, I'll make new skins with new materials soon :)

Thank you