Welcome to Windows 7!

Jmymx1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just borrowed a Windows 7 Pre-Beta Build 6801 DVD (PDC Version) from a friend and I'm currently running it now on my PC for 30 days. Does anyone want me to upload some screenshots of Windows 7 or tell you how's the perfomance of it before it expires?

gah I hate ASUS EEPC.

MOST USELESS OVERATED PIECE OF $%)##@!

sorry for the shouting. But seriosly, just because its small doesnt make it good. I am yet to see the attraction to such an underpowered claustrophobic cramped computer... I'll just slip my MB in the bag thanks.

lol, my thoughts exactly, I hate that thing

It seriously looks crap. The font doesn't look good, I prefer the smoothness of Mac's and there's just nothing attractive about anything of this at all. I don't know how it runs, but to me the look of it looks... well, crap! It looks too much like Vista anyway.

It seriously looks crap. The font doesn't look good, I prefer the smoothness of Mac's and there's just nothing attractive about anything of this at all. I don't know how it runs, but to me the look of it looks... well, crap! It looks too much like Vista anyway.

1) It will be customisable

2) These are the first betas. Leopard's beta with the green background looked like total shit too.

I'm using one of the pre-betas right now. I can say that it's much faster than vista and boots very quickly :D. However, as of now there are not too many new features.

And something that can rarely if ever can be said about pre-beta releases of OS's - it can be used as an everyday OS. Already, there are very few bugs (I have not even encountered one yet), and it's overall working well

• 1 month later...

I've seen the video's and from what I understand from a friend who is beta testing, he says its almost exactly like vista only without the unneeded garbage. And the taskbar is kinda ok.

I've already found a program that replicates the Windows 7 taskbar exactly. Personally I'm still with XP because I don't see many features that are productive.