CheckMail Docklet for ObjectDock

Smaky

Well that's the way I used to check for the crash bug... so I'm afraid it should still be present ... how many accounts have you configured... of what type... so I can try to reproduce your environment.

gmail accounts 3 running via HTTPS

and one set up as IMAP(although the imap shows that it "could not connect")

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I could not reproduce the problem at all... could you try the following... check the disable account check for all but one of the accounts and try "check now" several times. If no problem is found with that account, change to the next and try again...

I know it will take some time to test this way, but I have 8 accounts (4 IMAP/POP3 corporate accounts, 1 Yahoo, 1 Gmail & 1 account that schmrom kindly assigned me to testing), and I was not able to crash the dock when the internet connection is not ready.

gmail accounts 3 running via HTTPS

and one set up as IMAP(although the imap shows that it "could not connect")

Maybe it is something on my end, it does not matter which account I use if I check now with the context menu it crashes. Maybe just to avoid things if there is no internet connection disable the "Check Now" in the context menu then no one can check it. Heck you dont need to if you dont have a connection other than that and the fact it cannot connect to the gmail imap account it works fine.

Sorry for the late update... I missed your post...

1) The configuration is saved using standard ObjectDock OnSave function which saves the setting to the CurrentTheme.ini personal configuration file... I would have to create a complete parallel structure to save the config settings somewhere else.... I am not sure.

2) Will investigate on that... I think that would only work if you have "one instance" enabled.

just a couple of observation | suggestion:

1) config is not saved when the docklet is removed from the dock, anyway to save settings?

2) restore minimized mail application upon clicking the docklet.

---

edit: #2 - surprisingly it worked after quite sometime. maybe some compability issue with taskswitchxp.

It would work perfectly if you add the star to the arrows... I overlay the animation on top of the selected background.... so, it would look funny to have the arrows moving without anything else... but if you like it that way... let it be.

If you can get this to overlay every thing including the badge all they have to do then is choose the main background and the badge and no one will have to worry about making an animation image. This is the animation image the docklet is using now minus the stamp.

I tested by disabling both my wired (at work) & my wireless connection (at home), and I am not able to crash the dock when disabled... it will simply say that there are no mails available.

I have been researching on detecting internet connection, if I come with an idea on how to accomplish that I will update the docklet.

Maybe it is something on my end, it does not matter which account I use if I check now with the context menu it crashes. Maybe just to avoid things if there is no internet connection disable the "Check Now" in the context menu then no one can check it. Heck you dont need to if you dont have a connection other than that and the fact it cannot connect to the gmail imap account it works fine.
It would work perfectly if you add the star to the arrows... I overlay the animation on top of the selected background.... so, it would look funny to have the arrows moving without anything else... but if you like it that way... let it be.

I was hoping you could have two overlays the star overlaying the background and then the animation on top of that.

I'm afraid that would lead to yet another configuration parameter where someone will ask not to overlay the star... so I would prefer to have the animation contain whatever image you want to show during well... animation time. Sorry.

I was hoping you could have two overlays the star overlaying the background and then the animation on top of that.

With the animation and context menu icons created by schmrom and ghostwalker I think we have completed the background-animation requests (thank you both)... I think we are getting closer to a release now...

Do you have some other backgrounds ready to be included in the final docklet... I recall having read about gmail, yahoo... and other backgrounds some of you were setting up (and seen some of them in your posts)... would you like to contribute them to the project?

Please PM them to me so I can add them to the docklet package (remember to include a permission file so I can use them properly)... thanks.

hm ok i found a bug.

The docklet wont let me open the default application when i dont have new mails (like a normal dock icon). It will only launch the program if i have new mail, otherwise i click and nothing happens... Is there an option i am missing?

Also, now with the parameters option now working i got a cool trick for those in vista using Windows Mail and want to be able to minimize it to tray. Here how:

-Get Trayconizer here

-Install it in any folder but remember the folder path

-On the docklet put the path of Trayconizer.exe in the "Default Program to run:" field, and the path of WinMail.exe in the "Parameters:" field.

Enjoy :)

Thanks for this update!!!

No this is something I was asking a few posts ago, currently the docklet will let you launch the configured application(s) when there are any mails reported.... if no mails are found the application will not launch... I was waiting for some of you to send me your feedback on this.

hm ok i found a bug.

The docklet wont let me open the default application when i dont have new mails (like a normal dock icon). It will only launch the program if i have new mail, otherwise i click and nothing happens... Is there an option i am missing?