CheckMail Docklet for ObjectDock

Smaky

You may configure a "global" application at the general settings window or/and a per account application at that account settings window.

my problem with this is that the click on the checkmail icon only opens (in my case) outlook if there are new mail in the inbox.

i guess it would be better if this click always exists, so if you want to check let say the calendar you just click on the checkmail icon...

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you do a little test? Check both accounts separately... (check the "Do not check this account" checkbox for either one and then do a CheckMail Now... then uncheck it for one account and check it for the other... this way the docklet will only check one account at a time.. thus letting me know if the problem is related to a particular type of account or the fact of checking multiple accounts.

Personally in my setup I have configured 6 accounts (but they all are IMAP) and have not received such error.

ok, i'm testing now and will let you know later.... but so far it seems that checking only one account at the time does not crash objektdoc...

There is an option to "Run the program even when there are no mails" that does exactly that... it will not matter if there are no new mails... the app will launch. Again this option may be set globally or at a per account basis.

my problem with this is that the click on the checkmail icon only opens (in my case) outlook if there are new mail in the inbox.

i guess it would be better if this click always exists, so if you want to check let say the calendar you just click on the checkmail icon...

There is an option to "Run the program even when there are no mails" that does exactly that... it will not matter if there are no new mails... the app will launch. Again this option may be set globally or at a per account basis.

stupid me, i'm sorry for overlooking that...

ok, i'm testing now and will let you know later.... but so far it seems that checking only one account at the time does not crash objektdoc...

after testing this docklet on 3 different machines (vista-32, xp/sp3, xp/sp3 all pc's running german-os) i can now confirm that the problem only occurs:

- if more than one account is checked

- it always happen during checking

the new version runs perfect with just one account...

let me know if i can do anything else....

just a quick thought to check if the crash is already known:

disable the checkmail animation in the Icons configuration window. This should eliminate all kind of crashed when cheking mail is going on.

no, this did't help. it still crashes as soon as i check multiple accounts. but it does not happen straight away, it runs first and after some time (always different) it crashes...

Anyone else fracing this bug?

I have tested too with at least 4 different computers... no crashes with 6 accounts... so it seems to me it should be related to the mail server response...

Maybe if I can get a temporary account at your server I may take a look at the response and then understand what is happening. (it has helped before).

Mhh... more ideas... are you using SSL? or plain access? are you using any custom ports. Maybe if you PM a couple of captures (from the general settings & account settings)?

let me know if i can do anything else....

Opps... sorry I did not notice your post before...

I am not sure... I have no way to test a proxied connection here... but I can take a look out there on how to add proxy support (at least to Gmail protocol... I guess it may be possible, but since I am using WinHTTP to access Gmail I thought it should use your connections setting from IE, I will take a look at that and report back)

Hello there !

First of all, thanks fedroponce for your excellent docklet !

I'm facing a problem when using CheckMail at work... I need to configure a proxy server to access my gmail account...

After a rapid search on this thread, (and several googles) I didn't find anything that's why I'm reporting here.

Have you plan to support connections through a proxy ?

Or did I miss a configuration somewhere ???

De todos modos, somos muchos en agradecerte tu trabajo !

Hasta pronto !

Juan

Edit: @ugglything - Please PM me.... I have done a modification to the docklet to support a Proxy Server... I would like you to test it out (since I can't in my setup) before posting it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fedro, long time ago that I dropped a line in here ;-)

BUT: I've just tested your last recent version and it work's perfectly! Thank you a lot. Now the indicator shows the right numbers of new/unseen mails (IMAP) for me.

Just one little thing - the font-size of the number is veeery small (whether it should be 18pt). But I just changed it to something about 35 and everything's fine.

Greetings, Andy

great news... is good to know it is working fine now.

I've been too lazy to solve the font issue... I also increased the size too.

Hey fedro, long time ago that I dropped a line in here ;-)

BUT: I've just tested your last recent version and it work's perfectly! Thank you a lot. Now the indicator shows the right numbers of new/unseen mails (IMAP) for me.

Just one little thing - the font-size of the number is veeery small (whether it should be 18pt). But I just changed it to something about 35 and everything's fine.

Greetings, Andy

Edit: I have solved the font issue... last release fixes that.

Sorry, not yet... Ghostwalker send me a couple of links to investingate on them but I am a bit busy right now...

I will add that support (if possible) in a future release (if the links yield some insight on how they could be queried).

Is CheckMail now have support for HTTP Hotmail acounts and yahoo ones, Fedro?

Sry I havnt been in the thread for AWHILE.

Sorry, not yet... Ghostwalker send me a couple of links to investingate on them but I am a bit busy right now...

I will add that support (if possible) in a future release (if the links yield some insight on how they could be queried).

Okay, I'll wait for a future update. But so far it excells in checking my AOL account. Thnx for adding the code for the badge to only show unread.

• 1 month later...

Hi. First of all a great docklet - very useful... but unfortunately, most of the time I use Yahoo Mail (standard - free) so I can't use POP3 access to it, therefore I can't really appreciate this docklet. I do however use a little plugin for Firefox (link to development page is http://ymnotifier.mozdev.org/) and with this app I am able to check my email etc even without Yahoo Mail Plus. So I figured maybe You could look into the source code of this application (it is on that website) and try to add this functionality to Your program.

I do however use a little plugin for Firefox (link to development page is http://ymnotifier.mozdev.org/) and with this app I am able to check my email etc even without Yahoo Mail Plus. So I figured maybe You could look into the source code of this application (it is on that website) and try to add this functionality to Your program.

I use this also but I did not know about the developers page. This would complete the perfect mail docklet.

• 3 weeks later...

Smaky I have a problem when it gets to 100 email(see below)...

100.png

I could make the font smaller but it is the size I want it when there are 2 digits, when you have time could you add an option to use a different background for 3 digits? I have already created the new images they are in the zip(pm me if you need the psd).

Large Badge

P.S. This is also the way the mail docklet works on the Macintosh if you have 100 or more.