Leaked new MacBook?

Ok, I guess I need to make an apology, I completely misread and understood the point of the leak!

Now that I understand it, it makes it easier to believe a simple photo of the plastic screen top could easily be modified to look aluminum. What confuses me is the depth of the screen, my macbook is much much thinner than that, I cant see why they would make it so fat!

What confuses me is the depth of the screen, my macbook is much much thinner than that, I cant see why they would make it so fat!

Exactly what's on my mind too... even my iBook's lid look thinner than that. So I'm also wondering why the fat frame?

Another thing that puzzles me is that backside of this lid is not shown. I mean you see some MBA style tapered lid from that site (with off centered apple logo), but that's not the same as these frame shots.

Exactly what's on my mind too... even my iBook's lid look thinner than that. So I'm also wondering why the fat frame?

Another thing that puzzles me is that backside of this lid is not shown. I mean you see some MBA style tapered lid from that site (with off centered apple logo), but that's not the same as these frame shots.

Agreed.

I'm also not convinced by the shadow being drawn from the main body, looks a little too rigid to be a photo, but that could be the way its been edited.

Unless this is infact the shell for a new touchbook, which would make sense.

@Techno: Epic.

I, personally wouldn't want a design like that. Give me, a ~12.1", 13.3", 14.1" (or hell, 15.4" -- although for a tablet that's quite large -- I'd opt for the 12.1" model personally) MacBook/MacBook Pro hybrid, with a screen that swivels and folds down (ie, Thinkpad X41), and back up again to reveal a touchpad, keyboard, etc.

@Techno: Epic.

I, personally wouldn't want a design like that. Give me, a ~12.1", 13.3", 14.1" (or hell, 15.4" -- although for a tablet that's quite large -- I'd opt for the 12.1" model personally) MacBook/MacBook Pro hybrid, with a screen that swivels and folds down (ie, Thinkpad X41), and back up again to reveal a touchpad, keyboard, etc.

Boo to you :P

Swivel is so 1980's sci-fi! :D

I want Multi-touch.. and nothing but multi touch :)

Want a keyboard? plug one in!

Yea I designed it maybe a little too large (17") although I certainly wouldnt mind it that size as ive used tablets before (being a graphic designer and all) and often smaller can get annoying when multi-tasking pretty quickly

- TM

but then what would protect the screen when traveling, hmm? ;) And also; if I'm traveling with that machine, I definitely wouldn't want to lug around a USB keyboard, would I?

And I would imagine that your design would include a type of bezel for the machine to stand on, yes?

A travel case? :)

Nothing protects my iPhones screen in my pocket, so you never know how reinforced the glass could be..

Well thats the idea of touch-screen, you dont need to lug a keyboard about; that would be your silly choice buying a multi-touch tablet!

I'm working on a bezel to hold it now, but it seems difficult.. I may have to redesign the back of the tablet to have some kind of clip-in device.

not really, all you gotta do is have it sit in the bezel. It's on, say, a 70 or 80 degree slant (which can be adjusted to fit both portrait and landscape) that has a little lip on the bottom to support the machine from falling.

Then, it folds up in two so that it can be brought with you!! wow, I'm on a roll.

Not to mention, a swivel tablet would be better because I'm a coder and designer, and I *need* a keyboard. Not to mention, there are times where a keyboard is needed, like to type something?! o_O

A travel case? :)

Nothing protects my iPhones screen in my pocket, so you never know how reinforced the glass could be..

Well thats the idea of touch-screen, you dont need to lug a keyboard about; that would be your silly choice buying a multi-touch tablet!

I'm working on a bezel to hold it now, but it seems difficult.. I may have to redesign the back of the tablet to have some kind of clip-in device.

A tablet PC with no keyboard or mouse would be a bastard. A gadget utilizing touch screen abilities for short texts and what-not is one thing; a computer? Hell no. Typing long messages on a screen in that fashion would be absolutely ridiculous.

Well, what's a keyboard but a board. Of keys. That you press on. And stuff.

So with a superbly designed case, an onscreen keyboard could really work. Perhaps not best for hardcore coding, but for out&about, superior. Mouse is just a clickerdoo anyway. :D

A tablet PC with no keyboard or mouse would be a bastard. A gadget utilizing touch screen abilities for short texts and what-not is one thing; a computer? Hell no. Typing long messages on a screen in that fashion would be absolutely ridiculous.

I dont think so... as I said, iPhone managed it.

I dont think so... as I said, iPhone managed it.

I do believe an iPhone or an iPod Touch qualifies as a "gadget". ;)

Well, what's a keyboard but a board. Of keys. That you press on. And stuff.

So with a superbly designed case, an onscreen keyboard could really work. Perhaps not best for hardcore coding, but for out&about, superior. Mouse is just a clickerdoo anyway.

Pft. How big do you expect this thing to be? A decent, usable keyboard would take up an entire 13" or 15" screen, making it annoying as hell to input anything anywhere.

Besides, the only reason people have fabricated the idea that Apple would make something so idiotic is because of the ModBook, which is anything but portable. If the ModBook had never existed people would expect it to have a regular swivel screen, or something similar.