iPhone 2.0.1

[newsimg]http://www.aqua-soft.org/media/news/e83bba2e7b815e7004399ba9a033e77e.png[/newsimg]Yeap, 2.0.1 is out. Just fire up your iTunes and click the old update button and you'll be able to grab it. We're updating now and will let you know what's different. Right now all we see is "Bug Fixes" listed under the changelog, but there's a security update info link in the update screen as well, so it might be that.

Update: It's an E. Honda-like 249MB, so this will take a few minutes to download.

Update 2: iPod Touch users can also update.

Update 3: The didn't wipe out our media (pics, vids, tunes) on the iPhone 3G. Awesome.

Update 4: Is it me, or does flipping pages on the home screen seem faster and smoother?

Update 5: Marcelo says iTunes sync and backup is faster. Anyone else agree?

Update 6: Confirmed that it doesn't work with Pwnage tool just yet.

[Thanks, Gizmodo!]

Let's just say that my wife is beyond pissed at her iPhone.

Ever since the 2.0 update, her phone crashes at least 5 or 6 times a day.

The 2.0.1 update failed to solve her phones issues. Crashed 3 times already today.

Apple sent me a return box so I can send it back for repair/exchange.

Mine is running just fine on 2.0, but I'll hold of on going to 2.0.1 until I see how stable it is. This proves to me that quality control on the production line SUCKS.

Let's just say that my wife is beyond pissed at her iPhone.

Ever since the 2.0 update, her phone crashes at least 5 or 6 times a day.

The 2.0.1 update failed to solve her phones issues. Crashed 3 times already today.

Apple sent me a return box so I can send it back for repair/exchange.

Mine is running just fine on 2.0, but I'll hold of on going to 2.0.1 until I see how stable it is. This proves to me that quality control on the production line SUCKS.

That's why I was afraid of buying one. Like most people, I would jailbreak it. I don't need a brick, especially when I text a lot and have a lot of music. Since your wife has the original firmware, that just changes my mind even more on an iPhone. I'll stick with the good old BlackBerry and iPod Touch.

I dont care what u shits say, I dont have the iphone but I know its the shit, apple is beyond microsoft, such as vista, they ripped of the tiger OS from apple and i bet there goin to rip of leopard in Win 7 Vienna but in a much crappier way

Own one for a few weeks and you'll change your tune.

Yeah, they are cool, but not reliable at all. Even mine has had issues with crashing on occasion and music or contacts just disappearing like a fart in the wind.

I don't like paying retail prices for beta products.

Being locked into a 2 year contract is the ONLY reason I still use the thing. Once that's up (1 year left) I'm going back to BB.

And get a clue on Vista... the UI was pretty much set BEFORE Tiger was introduced.

Don't be a "kool-aid drinkin' fanboy"... it's not very becoming. :slant:

Well i guess i should just thank myself lucky my iphone has worked without a hiccup since the day i bought it and being the first phone ive actually bothered to pay money for in like 3yrs id have to say im vert pleased with it

though it does take a very long time to backup which is kinda annoying when im in a hurry to sync something

and the over all quality of some of the apps making there way onto the app store is ridiculous who the hell needs 10 different choices when it comes to turning your phone into a virtual beer????

i thought apple was suppose to be reviewing all these apps before putting them up for sale?

apart from thoughs few things very happy ^_^

I dont care what u shits say, I dont have the iphone but I know its the shit, apple is beyond microsoft, such as vista, they ripped of the tiger OS from apple and i bet there goin to rip of leopard in Win 7 Vienna but in a much crappier way

Please tell me your joking. One, you really need to calm down, calling us "shits" will aggravate a bunch of members here. Two, you said it yourself, you don't have an iPhone. How the hell would you honestly know how the product performs with the firmwire upgrade, other then spending 5 minutes with it at the Apple store. If you use one for a week or so, everyone can see how badly it crashes. Also, OS's rip off each other. If you calling using a search function in the start menu ripping off Spotlight, then Leopard ripped off Vista by using transparency. It'd redundant and idiotic. The features that they are 'ripping off' are just implemented in the first place to give the user a better experience and make it easier to use the computer.

Plus, no one is attacking Apple. The firmwire is buggy, and we all know that. No need to get all defensive.