How to make the genie effect faster for RK launcher

Ddock

step 1) close dock

step 2) go to google

step 3) type swiftshader_v201_demo

step 4) download the file, but first you will need to give them your email address

step 5) get the D3D9.dll file and put it in the RK launcher folder

step 6) open dock put the genie affect on and enjoy

hope it works !!!!!!

This is completely safe ! (This works on VISTA and XP)

Download link:http://www.transgaming.com/products/swiftshader/signup/

works better with Aero enabled !

Hmmm I did it and it really doesn't look like it did anything, and mine is pretty slow. The only thing that happened was that the MS firewall came up and asked me whether to block or unblock the actions of RKLauncher.

well its really for people that dont work coz mine mac speed now, there is another way it to get the swiftshader.ini

in the folder as well but that doest really make it faster.

As far as I can tell, swiftshader actually replaces it. It has the same filename to 'trick' the plugin into using it. As far as I can tell.

I hadn't opened their site before and was talking based on assumptions...I see now you're correct. If their claims are true, this could be one useful thing. Shame it doesn't work on my computer, x64, so I can't try it out myself. :(

:(

I probably shouldn't try it, seeing as I'm on Vista, it may not work.

Though seeing as DX9 now just references DX10, as far as I can tell, it probably won't make a difference.

(Not that I need it, the effect is just... slow. Smooth as hell, but slow. As in, it needs to move faster, I don't want to wait a second to minimise windows!)

:(

I probably shouldn't try it, seeing as I'm on Vista, it may not work.

Though seeing as DX9 now just references DX10, as far as I can tell, it probably won't make a difference.

(Not that I need it, the effect is just... slow. Smooth as hell, but slow. As in, it needs to move faster, I don't want to wait a second to minimise windows!)

it works on vista as Im useing it right now

Fair enough.

Is your card DWM-ready, because my card is low end (Albeit an absolute bargain for low-end :D) and it runs it fine.

Ok, so it also runs Crysis fine, but SHUT UP >:(

i have a chipset its the lowest you can get and its really fast but only on aero themes it seems a bit choppy on vista basic themes its wired i know !

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I noticed that when I put the dock on the right side of my screen and use the genie effect in the lower left corner there is some sort of logo for swift shader that pops up!

thats coz its a trail version dont know how to get rid of it but the good thing is that the trial version doesn't expire

but is it faster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bro thanks for this!, I saw what the other guy typed, he said that there's going to be a logo that's going to pop out?

I haven't experienced that yet, but if it does, is there a full version for this?

It really made a big difference!

no difference on my 7300GT

I heard Nvidia card has some problems with the genie effect, I mean I have a cheap ATi Radeon xpress 200m 128mb

it's pretty good once i did this

My bro has a HP Dv9000

I think he only has NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 Discrete 256MB, It does run pretty smooth though, it's kinda like mine now (He actually doesn't need the swiftshader thing,) He is using vista so I don't think it'll work anyways

but yeah it runs pretty smooth now

I wish there's a way to actually make it like a OS X speed, that'll be pretty sweet!