Aqua-Soft v4 Skin Beta

downloadv4.gif

The skin has now been released, see the official thread here.

I have decided to do a beta version of the vbulletin 3.7 skin for those of you who wish to test it out. I will update this post with newer versions as time goes on, so keep checking back. Please read the notes below before using on your site. Things will be broken, but will be fixed before the final version is released (ETA Soon). All users who have donated for prior versions of the Aqua-Soft skin will be able to use this and future versions. If you think something should change, and are uncertain if its a bug or not, please post it here! Any comments, suggestions, creative criticism is welcomed.

Note: This is a beta a work in progress

• There are still quite a few templates that I have not finished. See bottom of post for more details.
  • There may be some brower bugs, please report them in this thread.
  • You "must" use the new set of images, I am using pngs now and have cleaned up the images folder drastically.
  • IE6 users will load certain 8bit images, specified in the ie6.css.
  • Skin only works on vBulletin versions 3.7.x
  • Graphite version will be added in the final release.

Installation instructions, for vBulletin 3.7

1. First upload the as4 folder of images to your site. ( ~/forums/images/ folder goes here. )
  2. Next Login to the admin panel of your forum. Select Download/Upload which is under Styles.
  3. Once there, select the browse button and find the file Aqua-Soft v4 Style.xml.
  4. After that go ahead and press the Upload button. And then the style will be installed.
  5. To make the skin the default, click Modify under Styles and find the Aqua-Soft v4 skin and set it as the Default skin there.

If you feel there are more templates you think maybe missing, do let me know. It is easy to overlook certain sections of the forum.

A lot of time has been put into this skin. I ask that you do not redistribute this without permission. And lastly feel free to donate.

Tim, how to change the forum width ? in previous version it was in #container { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; min-width: 770px; width: 99%; } but I don't see any css for width in new version.

#wrapper {
min-width: 950px;
text-align: left;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Just added width: 90%; or whatever you want to use.

Also if you need to change the width for IE6 users, edit the /images/global/ie6/ie6.css. That has the min-width hack in there aswell.

I plan on releasing a new version every few days, I'm working on the postbit area today, and starting on the calendar stuff.

Should be able to get an updated version out later tonight.

I've done all of the drop down menus, added the spotlight look that alot of users liked in previous versions. Also will have a cleaned up postbit once I finish that.

Any bugs, please report.

picture13b03a.png

Ah yes, I'll try to fix the padding issue on the pages & push buttons. Seems to be half of what it should be.

I'll be able to fix the searchbox phrase, but thats about it. The buttons are graphics, so you'll have to change those you're self. I've included a psd for other languages, if you need help getting those to work on your site just let me know.

So far the skin is working gr8. I'm having a problem with the toolbar icons. 'New Post' phrase is not showing up there.

toolbarkz7.png

Few icons in here...

ucpai9.png

Also you can add 'STANDARD_REDIRECT' template in the 'Templates Not Finished' list

Hmm, not really sure what's up with the new post phrase. Can you try resetting the default phrases (don't if you have custom ones).

I'll add some icons for the moderator tools later today, was something only a handful of people seen so I didn't bother putting em in there.

First post has been updated with the newer version of the skin. New version includes the following.

• Dropdown Search & Menus
  • Calendar Templates
  • Postbit Legacy Template
  • UCP Moderation Templates
  • Login & Redirect Templates
  • Optimized PNGs, and several graphical fixes.

Notice

Guys, I found a big flaw with the skin, please use the updated version (see first post of this thread).

I left the ads we use here at aqua-soft in the template footer you can edit it your self to remove it or just update the xml file.

First post has been updated with the newer version of the skin. New version includes the following.

• Support for vBulletin 3.7.2 (all templates updated)
  • New Posting Templates
  • Poll Templates
  • BBCode Help Templates
  • Thread Admin Templates
  • Added Image Verification Images
  • FORUMDISPLAY & SHOWTHREAD Templates Completed
  • RSS Icons added to Forum Index when RSS Enabled
  • Misc Template changes & bug fixes.

You must replace all the images with images in the new version.

Please report any bugs, and anything you feel is out of place. All that is left, is the user profile pages, picture albums & social groups.

Thank u Timan!

I've installed BLOG in my forum, how to make it also display right with a icon? It maybe uses a hook called $template_hook[navbar_buttons_right] to display the text, but i have no idea how to do it. Can you give some suggest?

post-57390-1214585023_thumb.png

Thank u Timan!

I've installed BLOG in my forum, how to make it also display right with a icon? It maybe uses a hook called $template_hook[navbar_buttons_right] to display the text, but i have no idea how to do it. Can you give some suggest?

Replace your blog_navbar_link template with this one...

$vbphrase[blogs]

Hey Marc, I plan on doing a basic support for the vbulletin blog addon. I'll have that included as an extra with the final version.

If you have any ideas as for an icon to use in the toolbar let me know ;)