Please help me.

Please help me, I am very very very freaked out right now.

This morning I received an email from someone I don't know who called them self Melissa. She said some things and its very scary to me because she might be one of those crazy online people. Here is a copy of the message.

"Hi (my name)! My name is Melissa and I go to (school's name) High School, one of my friends goes to your school which is called (my schools name) right? (she is right) Anyway, my friend is really cool and said you were cool so she gave me your email. I hope I can talk to you more and meet you in person some time!"

She knows my name, what school i go to and the name of a high school right next to my school, she doesn't even say who her "friend" is. I blocked her email from almost everything i have, forums, email, IM all that, then i told my mom and she said I am safe as long as she doesn't know we live.

What do you guys think? Because i am flipping out right now. Maybe it is one of my friend's friends but I can never be sure. Please help.

Any feedback is appreciated.

gah thats wierd.

lol. it might be just a friend of a friend of a friend... email her back to find out more info...

there's no harm in doing that and asking just so long as you dont give her any more clues about who 'you' are... and naturally after her email she expects you to probably be curious and ask questions.

You might find she's actually someone you know.

why am I saying all this?

The same thing happened to me. It took me four months to work out who the boy was (an old friend from my primary school)... and then we dated for 6 months. Wasnt all such a bad thing.

But yeah, be careful. lolz

gah thats wierd.

lol. it might be just a friend of a friend of a friend... email her back to find out more info...

there's no harm in doing that and asking just so long as you dont give her any more clues about who 'you' are... and naturally after her email she expects you to probably be curious and ask questions.

You might find she's actually someone you know.

why am I saying all this?

The same thing happened to me. It took me four months to work out who the boy was (an old friend from my primary school)... and then we dated for 6 months. Wasnt all such a bad thing.

But yeah, be careful. lolz

I deleted her email, I don't know her, I don't know any melissas soi guess i am safe now.

Which mailer do you use? Is it the MSN one?

Yep, she emalied it to the hotmail msn one. I think i am safe guys. Probably a joke if she wanted to kidnap me she would have contacted me again. lol.

but still, if you have more information just give some more feedback.