Tweak Tune Hack Vista

The guide is over here; it has been changed from an image to HTML, and many new sections were added... and the size of it exceeds this forums maximum over 10-fold :(

Error

"The text that you have entered is too long (144879 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

This tweak isn't even well researched: "Multi-Core booting via MsConfig"? NO! It's not fore multi-cores but for multi-CPU's: If you have more than one CPU (note Core!) in your PC then this option can be helpful, but not with several cores. The option itself is called "Number Of Processors" and not "Number Of Cores" ;)

This tweak isn't even well researched: "Multi-Core booting via MsConfig"? NO! It's not fore multi-cores but for multi-CPU's: If you have more than one CPU (note Core!) in your PC then this option can be helpful, but not with several cores. The option itself is called "Number Of Processors" and not "Number Of Cores" ;)

Each core represents a logical process, and the tweak applies to mulit-core CPU's as well as multi-CPU set-ups. On a Skulltrail mobo with twin QX9775s for example, you can set the number to 8. On a P5KE with a single QX9650, you can set it to 4. Open Task Manager on a multi-core CPU.... it shows each core as a seperate CPU.

Want to know the odd part? With multi-threading on a single core, you can only boot as if you have a single logical CPU, but Task Manager will display twin CPUs.... go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

If this site crashes, I apologize. This guide was heavily dugg on PMPCR (the original site it was hosted on), and the server went haywire @ ~ 1500 vistors as soon as it made the front page of Digg..... so I told everyone to see it here since I didn't have a viable mirror and Google cache failed... traffic 4 you guys, if your servers can keep up :)

http://digg.com/microsoft/Top_30_Vista_twe...ricks_and_hacks

That guide would be so much better if:

1) it was using ClearType (would have MUCH better readability, non-smoothed is horrible on the eyes).

2) it wasn't an image. Can't click on/copy anything.

It is no longer an image, but it doesn't fit on the forum here :(

It can be seen over here