SP3 Problem with FlyakiteOSX 3.5

injay

FYI...I'm installing SP3 on top of SP2 (take note Flyakite 3.5 already installed)..and its work just fine.

The only down side is boot screen doesn't changed...need to hack (ResHacker) manually the ntosrknl.exe by replacing the .bmp images (1, 4, 8) and later place it under the (windowssys32).

Although the boot screen worked but the image turned black (background) and white (Apple logo) instead of greyish...(who care as long its worked and i dont need to use/revert to the ol's XP boot screen...LoL!!!)...progress bar working just fine ;)

To one who planing to install SP3, you can try firecracker6 method's (i never try this) or you can try installing SP3 on top SP2 (+ with Flyakite 3.5 already install)....as per guide below

Step by step

....before go further you need in your hand Rashacker, Replacer, UXtheme.dll SP3 6.0.2900.5512 or SP3 UxTheme Patcher 1.1 and of course Win SP3 5512 pack (i'm using the one posted at MajorGeeks)......always safe practice by backing-up your system first (ie: imaging)..... next

1- Read carefully "System with Win XP SP2 and Flyakite 3.5 installed"

2- Bare in mind after installing Flyakite and using the boot screen, its changed the Win XP boot.ini you need to reset to Win XP default boot.ini (c:). If you don't do this, once installing SP3 its will give you error or fail to install...

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /kernel=osxboot.exe

to default XP

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

(mine set timeout=0)

2- Install SP3 on top of your current Win XP (SP2)

3- Reboot require...

4- Replace using "Replacer or patch your uxtheme.dll

5- ..again reboot....you're done!

The next step only require to change the boot screen, if you fine with default XP boot screen (yuck!)...ignore the next step!

6- Copy/backup ntosrknl.exe (windowssys32)

7- Fire-up ResHacker ( you can find under Flyakite installation path C:WINDOWSFlyakiteOSXTools)

8- Replace the image I mentioned above with images provided under the Flyakite path (C:WINDOWSFlyakiteOSXResourcesntoskrnl.exe)

9- Use Replacer to replace the hacked ntoskrnl.exe

10- reboot....

11- ....err..done! ...enjoy!!! a good healthy OSX SP3 :D

HTH

Declaimer: I don't guarantee this method will work with your system, since the system a vary from one to another...do it at your own risk!!! and I don't responsible if your PC tost!!!..LoL!!!

@ firecracker6,

Using your method, are the boot screen works..?

TIA....

I don't bother with the boot screen. If you read my really short steps-list, you'll infer that I only install the core functionality of FAK and stay away from the more edgier stuff. I'll say this again, Flyakite OSX v3.5 WORKS with XP XP3, if you're careful and stick with the core options similar/per my list.

The boot screen cannot be made to match OSX's perfectly and ends up looking like the hack job that it is. Granted most anything looks better than what windows comes with, but not worth the headache for those who would have problems installing FAK in the first place. Also, those who have widescreen monitors and laptops suffer an even worse distortion of bootscreen graphics. This is just my personal taste, but I respect your guide, storm119, I hope it helps those trying to get the bootscreen working.

After installing SP3 on my Flyakite OSX SP2 my procesline/startbutten have a standard windows look anybody know how to change it back. Have tried reinstalling Flyakite 3.5

Screen:

img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83972593by1.png

I don't bother with the boot screen. If you read my really short steps-list, you'll infer that I only install the core functionality of FAK and stay away from the more edgier stuff. I'll say this again, Flyakite OSX v3.5 WORKS with XP XP3, if you're careful and stick with the core options similar/per my list...

Indeed, I've installed SP3 ontop a SP2+Flyakite, didn't have any problems or bugs at all, except uxtheme (that its outdated in the Flyakite conversion pack). Didn't need any setup to get bootscreen back to original, in fact... i've installed flyakite with 4:3 bootscreen and then I got a brand new 20" widescreen and got used to the stretched bootscreen, after installing SP3 and flyakite system file updater making some corrections, i got the 16:9 bootscreen :o

I hope to see new flyakite work, haven't read anything new in his site since december last year and he posted he was working on a flyakite pack for vista.

• 1 month later...

Hi firecracker6 (and others),

This thread's more than a month old, so I'm not sure if everyone else knows this now...

2. I am running XP SP3 together with Flyakite (all the features) without a problem in the world. The recipe is simple.

a. Make sure you have Administrator rights on your pc.

b. Uninstall Flyakite. Restart.

c. Upgrade to SP3. Restart.

d. Patch the uxtheme.dll. Raphael has released the patched uxtheme.dll file for the final version of Windows XP SP3 at the link: http://www.withinwindows.com/uxthemes/Wind...900.5512_EN.rar. Alternatively, you can get a patcher from this link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...e-Patcher.shtml. In both cases, it's the uxtheme.dll version for XP SP3 6.0.2900.5512, i.e. the latest.

After the patch - restart.

The first link is just the uxtheme.dll file, the second link (and the one I've used) is a little patcher program from Damian666 that does all the gritty replacing of system files for you... In case people were wondering about the difference in file size... I'd recommend the 2nd link for folks that aren't keen on fiddling around in C:Windows... ;)

e. Reinstall Flyakite. Restart. Et voila.

I'm still seeing some posts where people are trying to convince others that it's not possible to have a fully-featured Flyakite running on SP3 without a hitch - hopefully this might clear up that misunderstanding... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I setup SP3 over SP2/FAK. All I had to do was 1) reinstall FAK and 2) use the uxtheme patch to enable the skin. After that, everything worked/looked like it did pre-SP3! Excellent.

Hi firecracker6 (and others),

d. Patch the uxtheme.dll. Raphael has released the patched uxtheme.dll file for the final version of Windows XP SP3 at the link: http://www.withinwindows.com/uxthemes/Wind...900.5512_EN.rar. Alternatively, you can get a patcher from this link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...e-Patcher.shtml. In both cases, it's the uxtheme.dll version for XP SP3 6.0.2900.5512, i.e. the latest.

After the patch - restart.

• 6 months later...

Hey I have a problem too... I'm only 14 but I've already installed like a thousand programms on my computer x) I've been installing Flyakite osx 3.5 for almost an hour now and it's still not over (it's staying on Installing Itunes Multi-Plugin...) and I don't know what to do ! I had installed Windowblinds trial version and like 10 different themes but it's only for 30 days and now the trial version is over so I wanted to install another mac osx theme... that's why I tryied fak 3.5 but it seems to be not working... if anyone knows =D

Thanks (and please don't laugh at me just because I'm 14 and I like to skin my pc..)

Oh and if this is the wrong place to post my problem, please tell me ;)

Do not double post - use the edit function - mps69

Hey I have a problem too... I'm only 14 but I've already installed like a thousand programms on my computer x) I've been installing Flyakite osx 3.5 for almost an hour now and it's still not over (it's staying on Installing Itunes Multi-Plugin...) and I don't know what to do ! I had installed Windowblinds trial version and like 10 different themes but it's only for 30 days and now the trial version is over so I wanted to install another mac osx theme... that's why I tryied fak 3.5 but it seems to be not working... if anyone knows =D

Thanks (and please don't laugh at me just because I'm 14 and I like to skin my pc..)

Oh and if this is the wrong place to post my problem, please tell me ;)

Do not double post - use the edit function - mps69

The iTunes problem has been mentioned many times, using the search function would have yielded many answers.

I think the main one you'll get is skip installing the iTunes plugin, it doesn't always work.