What Do You Like?

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Mac OS X, and Apple hardware
    • Mac OS X, but you prefer non-Apple hardware
    • Windows on PC hardware
    • Windows on Apple hardware

I'm running OSX on a MacBook Pro and imo both complement each other. I'm not as massively keen on the iMacs but my lappy is a work of art- from the keyboard to the trackpad and down to the screen latch which cleverly only flips back out when almost closed. (This bit is awesome, I was fed up of catching my hand on the latches sticking out from my old Dell laptop.)

I'm running OSX on a MacBook Pro and imo both complement each other. I'm not as massively keen on the iMacs but my lappy is a work of art- from the keyboard to the trackpad and down to the screen latch which cleverly only flips back out when almost closed. (This bit is awesome, I was fed up of catching my hand on the latches sticking out from my old Dell laptop.)

off topic Ertai88, hey, I like your title " Poor Student With A Mac" and just got back from US, Narfmaster, he he, great !!

Apple on Apple runs smooooth.

Furthermore, the designs of their hardware are excellent (even though a little overpriced sometimes), nothing beats the look of an all in one imac, or the sleekness of a macbook pro or... anyway.

But that said, I can understand why people would want OSX on non apple hardware- its cheaper and if you know what you're doing it can work really well.

Furthermore, you can probably get more powerful chipsets inside a normal PC case, so long as you build it yourself (yes I know about the Mac Pro, but its more expensive for the same components, unless you get something like a dell)

But I argue you're not getting the full experience... theres something special about opening Apple's fancy packaging and unvieling something glorious.

I like some of OS X.

The dock is truly a thing of beauty, but I prefer my aero borders.

I love the roll-up, but winroll is fast enough to act as part of the OS.

Basicly, I want somewhere in the middle, which is why My OS Of Choice is Windows!

Highly customisable, powerful, and well known.

(Though if it weren't for driver issues, Linux would trump it)

gah! vista... sorry but majority rules this one out...

as for those who think Mac OSX is all about the rolling windows and the docks, well.... geez.... you really need to test drive it for a good month or so.

something i find amazing is the visual preview aspect... like, videos keep playing in expose smoothly, when you minimise them, they are previews in the dock, and the new quicklook feature. OMG.

mac OSX is just so... everything is so well unified and thought out, yet minimalist and simple yet sophisticated and smart...

I do still like XP's simplicity and the fact you can pretty much do anything... but... i dunno...

No, I know OS X isn't just that, it's a nice looking OS, but having used it (far too much), I really do prefer windows.

Call me old, but I like getting my hands dirty when it comes to my OS.

*Whips up task manager, minimises to tray*

No, I know OS X isn't just that, it's a nice looking OS, but having used it (far too much), I really do prefer windows.

Call me old, but I like getting my hands dirty when it comes to my OS.

*Whips up task manager, minimises to tray*

Apple+option+escape= force quit.

also theres another program called activity monitor to end processes.

trust me... get into theming, and you'll realise you can really get dirty with OSX.

At the core, there's actually a lot of similarities between the two OS's... I never thought I'd say that, but its true. Its all the surface stuff that really makes them diversely different OSes.