Wine on Intel Macbook?

Gents, while I am genuinely enjoying the transition to OS X, there is one thing that is keeping me from being totally happy, and that is that I am a Command & Conquer addict. (My other two addictions, Warcraft and Starcraft are OS X compatible!) Anyway, I was trying Darwine and can't get it to work with C&C Gold (DIdn't try any others since C&C is the most basic one.) So, how do I do this? I would do a virtual PC, but Virtual PC and Parallels cost money, not to mention that my only Windows XP install is an OEM version that is locked on my (now unused) desktop hard drive. I DO have Windows 98 though. Could I play these using Bochs or something? How do I configure Darwine? I don't think any of this is illegal or somesuch as I own all the software... Thoughts?

Boot Camp is only for XP correct? My only XP version that I have is an OEM (read, full of crapware and only installable on that brand PC) copy. Wine (or Darwine) is supposed to be for OS X on Intel and PPC but I am having problems getting it to run anything.

Not the legality, just the fact that the copy I have is actually 6 CDs and a hard disc image so its kind of not useable to me. (It is designed to reformat the drive and place an exact image of the HP's drive on it as opposed to just XP. More of a Ghost disk than an install disk.

Exactly my problem with Boot Camp as I do not have a legitimate copy (this OEM garbage won't do the trick) of either one. Trying to figure out how to compile bochs on OS X right now. I just installed the developer tools too... It's not going well as I can't get the syntax quite to the liking of the program for my config options. Maybe I should try compiling wine before I switch to a full fledged emulator. Sort of related, I don't see why Mac VIrtual PC is $100+ when the PC version is free... Oh well.

Bummer. I was going to install XP using my legit CD key and a copy of XP I "found." (Note, I do not advocate piracy, as I have a license that is not being used anymore) Well, lets just say it didn't boot properly. Thought I had screwed up my Mac when the unbootable drive message came up. Luckily, all I had to do was take the CD out, run the boot camp assistant again and end up restoring my OS X portion back to its original size. Thankfully I think it saved me from myself. It looks like I'll have to go shell out some more money... For parallels AND XP...