Free QuickTime Pro?

I know I'm not crazy. But, this is the second time I got QuickTime Pro for free from Software Update. The first time happened when I was on Tiger. Is this normal for Mac OS X customers or is this just simply a mistake on Apple's part?

But, how can you tell whether it's Pro or just regular, added (H.264)?

But, how can you tell whether it's Pro or just regular, added (H.264)?

You can just look in About QuickTime and it says QuickTime Pro. Also, all the other features are enabled (which I don't use.) I was just wondering...do Mac OS X customers receive these updates or is this just a flaw in Apple's Software Update?

In Pro, you can export video and check out movie properties, amongst other things. You can also do (very, very) basic video editing in the Pro version.

Ah. thanks I don't really remember what i used to have :)

You can just look in About QuickTime and it says QuickTime Pro. Also, all the other features are enabled (which I don't use.) I was just wondering...do Mac OS X customers receive these updates or is this just a flaw in Apple's Software Update?

yeah i see the Pro logo added to it [i have Pro] Video & Audio setting are just plan simple which is most of free Windows video players have, your situation i don't know or maybe someone faking their IP and ur got picked up as that person has Pro, update comes they send it to u as well :D, i don't know !!!