New Macbook Pro?

is there going to be a new MacBook pro model released this year? appleinsider has posted some info about new processors that are due in June but they also expressed doubts about whether apple will put in the new processors immediately. I was looking to buy a macook sometime soon, but if new MacBooks are on the way within a couple weeks or months, I guess I can wait.

what updates can we possibly see with the montevina chipset update? if the new macbook has the same price as it does now, is there a significant difference in speed? or will it be like the quiet update we saw in late february with the penryn 2 chipset?

I recommend you to wait. There's no need to rush. If your other PC or Laptop still works, keep using it. Apple actually has plans to make the Macbook Pro much lighter and thinner with a new design. It will kind of have the slim design of Macbook Air. Also, a new intel processor might be included in the new Macbook Pro.

I'm just giving some advice. If you want to buy it now, go for it. Just make sure you know what your doing. If your not in a rush, just wait. I guarantee you there will be a new Macbook Pro sooner or later.

You know how Apple is right? They give you great products but they usually have a high price. Right now, a regular Macbook Pro (15 inch) costs $2,499. Judging by this price, I can tell you that the new Macbook Pro might cost around $2,999 or $3,000.

Wow. Thats a lot of money. With $3,000 I could buy 3 Windows Laptops with widescreens at CircuitCity. Even the iMac costs a lot cheaper than the Macbook Pro.

Oh well... It's your choice. You're going to need at least $3,000 if you want the new Macbook Pro. Even if this is not the price, at least your going to have extra money to buy accessories or software for your Macbook Pro.

Right now, a regular Macbook Pro (15 inch) costs $2,499. Judging by this price, I can tell you that the new Macbook Pro might cost around $2,999 or $3,000

Wow... where did you pull that stat from??

Have you noticed the pricing / update trend for MB / MBPs for last two years? Apple updates the product, but keep the price point same. Because the prices keep coming down everyday in computer technology market. So you get better stuff at same price, of what you could have bought a year ago.

As for buying three windows laptop at the same cost of MBP, show me similar config'ed windows laptop at 1/3rd of the cost of MBP and then talk. Meanwhile, here is comparison I did some while ago : http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=47688#21.

Till then, I would strongly advice pulling stuff out of your.... you-know-where!!

This question gets asked 3 times per second (Ref. 1), and my answer always stays the same: Apple closely guards their secrets. They don't blab about future updates too often. If you think you can live with the current speed, and won't be too disappointed when a new MBP comes out and is .2GHz faster, or has the new keyboard design, then order one right now.

(Ref. 1) Time Magazine. March '08 issue, page 63.

You know how Apple is right? They give you great products but they usually have a high price. Right now, a regular Macbook Pro (15 inch) costs $2,499. Judging by this price, I can tell you that the new Macbook Pro might cost around $2,999 or $3,000.

I don't know where you get your figures from, but a regular MBP costs $1,999. They usually keep the prices roughly the same and just add more features. Please don't just pull figures from the air, or iGo will kick your butt :)

not any time soon... the MBP recieved speed bumps just recently...

the iMac is really looking behind the time, i mean most of the normal macbooks as well as the Air (not just the Macbook Pro) have 2GB of ram!...

considering the iMac is a desktop and not a laptop it should have been bumped up to 2gb standard by now.

Anyway, I dont think the MBP will be updated till early next year, or late this year. And it will probably only be a minor speed bump.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

^always consult this site, its the best advice on when to buy apple hardware.

I was talking about this Macbook Pro : Click Here

The other one that costs $1,999 just doesn't convince me. I always go with whats in between.

What really bothers me the most is that the MBP 17inch costs $2,799 and has the same features as the 15inch (2.5 GHz) MBP. The only difference is the 17inch display. $300 more just for a 2 inch bigger display? It doesn't seem right.

$300 more just for a 2 inch bigger display? It doesn't seem right.

Well, it's 2" bigger, Offers 1680x1050 resolution by default compared to 1440x900, has one extra USB port, the whole casing is bigger than 15" model (extra materials in build adds a bit in cost).

And like you said yourself, 15" and 17" MBP configs are same except the display... well, if you're getting similar performance at $300 less... what are you complaining about?

I didn't say that the cost you mentioned of existing model was wrong... your projection of next updated MBP is totally off the hook. Specially when you compare, how Apple is maintaining it's price points since last two years.

How 'bout $100 more for just the color on the black Macbooks?

Well, I won't justify that. It's true that it's absurdly expensive just for that color. If I remember correctly though, till last update Black MB had slightly faster processor compared to middle config MB (white one). Now both middle and black config have same processor, yet Apple have kept the price-point same.