141 members have voted

1. 1.

• ROCKETDOCK
    • OBJECTDOCK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still using Y'z Dock... tried RK once, didn't stick with it because I didn't see any particular advantages over Y'z. My needs are sufficed with Y'z, so I'll stick with it. :)

Y'z Dock for me aswell. Maybe because I'm not interested in fancy effects, but I just need a launcher with the right set of feature. Shift-click is essential for me, together with fast folder menues (middle click). And auto-hide delay, that RK doesn't offer.

And overall, Y'z is lighter :|

I've yet to try Rocketdock, but I've been a RKL user for a very long time. I did make the switch to OD+ just recently to test it out and the only thing I did like (something that RKL didn't offer) was tabs and allow me to use bigger indicators. The latter is more of an aesthetic thing lol.

Bingo.

Plus, Objectdock is made by a brand company, Stardock.

That is not a definitive criteria establishing the superiority of one app over the other. Many of the best apps I've used were coded by signle developers mainly as a hobby with no brand/tag/company attached. In this community's context, Avedesk and WinExpose are two such prominent apps that come to the mind.

And, OD has been a resource hog every single time I've installed it.