Leopard Dock Separators

Mir4and4

One of the things that was not done or is hided (by Apple) in the Leopard's dock is the possibility of adding multiples separators to better organize the stacks or icons.

The few attempts made so far succeeded:

No known author for this hack because it is hidden in the system itself by Apple

---------------

To add a spacer to the applications (left) side of the Dock, run the following in the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{tile-data={}; tile-type="spacer-tile";}'

To see your changes, restart the dock with killall Dock. To add a spacer to the documents (right) side of the Dock, run the following:

defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-others -array-add '{tile-data={}; tile-type="spacer-tile";}'

Again, killall Dock to see your changes. Once the spacer is in the Dock, you can drag it around to move it. You can even drag it between the application and document sections, if you wish. Run either command multiple times to add multiple separators

----------------

I do not believe that blank spaces are real separators, they should be any object of system: an icon, a pic or another element of GUI.

I was thinking about it and put an arrow in double-sided that indicates the separation between content of applications and contents of folders in stacks or icons, whatever...

This is only a preview of a project that I am developing and I hope soon be able to offer to the entire community.

Suggestions and criticism are very welcome!

post-70461-1204106363_thumb.png

• 1 month later...