DreamDesk v0.1 Beta

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Love this!!!
    • I need Vista Ultimate!! for Windows DreamScene not this DreamDesk!

Aurora works like a charm.

Orb somewhat works but had hard time bringing it up.

The other effects just don't work and hang up DreamDesk.

I don't think it to be a problem on DreamDesk itself because Aurora plays really fine.

I've noticed Aurora makes layered windows to flicker. I suppose this only happens with Windows XP (I have Windows XP SP 2 here).

Other than that, the idea is great and the Aurora effect works really fine.

Ok Thanks!!

well , i dont know whats wrong with other !!

try theses steps:

*Try re-installing Codecs for Windows XP

*Un-Install DreamDesk and Re-Install.

if problem stil persist, let me know..

Regards,

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've tried this out and it seems to work fine, though it's a bit laggy (had to close a few other apps to make it run smoother).

Anyway, I wanted to ask, how do you load in more backgrounds? What video formats are supported?

well ofcouse DreamDesk is fully skinable application!! and its soo easy to make your skins.

just take a look of Skins folder (eg. C:Program FilesDreamDesk BetaSkins) and read the .INI files!! and add your skins to it...restart DreamDesk , and your new skin will be avail in the Skins List.

Regards,

Hey, I've tried this out and it seems to work fine, though it's a bit laggy (had to close a few other apps to make it run smoother).

Anyway, I wanted to ask, how do you load in more backgrounds? What video formats are supported?

andd sorry i forgot to tell u about Formats , well DreamDesk support all the formats your Windows can play!! :) just you have proper CODECS to play the Video Format !

Regards,

Tested with a Pentium Centrino notebook 1.7 ghz single core 512mb RAM and it runs smooth on XP SP2. Doesn't work with Transbar and rklauncher though. Both flicker. And I found another bug. When choosing the lighthouse wallpaper/movie, I cannot access the preferences dialogue anymore. It seems that the window hides "behind" the movie/wallpaper. Anyways great app for those who don't have Vista.

Greetings

All work! CPU 20+ for AuroraCPU 10+ for DreamDesk, LightHouse, VistaRippleCPU 2- for ORBnote: ORB crashes upon immediate change from other effects (followed after clicking "Play DreadDesk" ;) 3GHZ-P4+1GB+GeF6800.256+1.5TB --- XPSP2/ForceWare169/FFDSHOW (instead of bloatware codecs) installed! :)

I would try it out if either of the download links worked. FF 2.0.0.12

Sorry, about the Bandwidths and other problems with Download Links.

I tried to upload to devaintart but the server is down ryt now..! i will uplod to deviantart later. so please chk back soon..

Regards,

All work! CPU 20+ for AuroraCPU 10+ for DreamDesk, LightHouse, VistaRippleCPU 2- for ORBnote: ORB crashes upon immediate change from other effects (followed after clicking "Play DreadDesk" ;) 3GHZ-P4+1GB+GeF6800.256+1.5TB --- XPSP2/ForceWare169/FFDSHOW (instead of bloatware codecs) installed! :)

Ok!!

i am working on less CPU usage, but cant control that more... may be 3-4% will be dropped, bcuz the Hi-Res Video you use, windows use more CPU to render the all colors and pixels.

and if you use Orb: dont click on Play DreamDesk, bcuz its not the Video Motion. its the PNG Image Frames , and it uses 0% CPU and just 3MB of RAM.

So, soon you can download the new Patched executable soon.

Regards,

Alright, here's what i have-

1) Looks great!!

2) 2 small (but annoying) compatibility bugs

--rocketdock flickers when used with this

--yz shadow flickers also

3) right-click menu flickers

other than those little bugs, this is absolutely wonderful! Keep it up!

p.s.

i'm using XP pro and have 1GB RAM and processor speed of 2.3GHz

Alright, here's what i have-

1) Looks great!!

2) 2 small (but annoying) compatibility bugs

--rocketdock flickers when used with this

--yz shadow flickers also

3) right-click menu flickers

other than those little bugs, this is absolutely wonderful! Keep it up!

p.s.

i'm using XP pro and have 1GB RAM and processor speed of 2.3GHz

Thanks a lot !!! you like DreamDesk :)

and about that 2 compatability bugs.. i wud say that i will to fix that... bcuz WindowsXP has some less layerred compatabity on DirectX nd other Rendrers.. but i will try to fix this :)

Regards,

hmmm, Installed, uninstalled, deleted setup :D sorry, can't afford this much CPU usage! Besides, its pretty much like playing a video file as desktop background. Approx three years back I wanted Video background so I created simple HTML with background set as an AVI file with loop=infinite ;) I used this program "MainConcept's mainVision" to generate beautiful colourful loop AVIs (mathematically) which worked like charm, I also used an AVI file from DigitalBlasphemy.com and made it loopy avi... eventually the CPU usage made me trash it all. What inspired me to do all this was a small emulator "ZSNES" it had this water effects (which i wanted as desktop background ever since). Maybe an application that sets screensavers as desktop background will do a LOT then making AVIs loop and render. Its always nice if D3D or OGL of a graphic card takes processing control rather then our CPUs (through avi rendering).

hmmm, Installed, uninstalled, deleted setup :D sorry, can't afford this much CPU usage! Besides, its pretty much like playing a video file as desktop background. Approx three years back I wanted Video background so I created simple HTML with background set as an AVI file with loop=infinite ;) I used this program "MainConcept's mainVision" to generate beautiful colourful loop AVIs (mathematically) which worked like charm, I also used an AVI file from DigitalBlasphemy.com and made it loopy avi... eventually the CPU usage made me trash it all. What inspired me to do all this was a small emulator "ZSNES" it had this water effects (which i wanted as desktop background ever since). Maybe an application that sets screensavers as desktop background will do a LOT then making AVIs loop and render. Its always nice if D3D or OGL of a graphic card takes processing control rather then our CPUs (through avi rendering).

Hmm.. i knw DreamDesk uses very much CPU , but its not in my hand... its the Windows Lib that uses more CPU to render more Pixels nd Colours !!! if you hear about Windows DreamScene then it alos uses the more CPU :D:P

yes you r ryt, that you can embedd AVI Video in HTML, but its not for everyone and you have to got source and change the path of AVI Movie to play evrytim you change.

but lets see wht goes with future release of DreamDesk !!!

and Thanks for the FeedBack :)

Regards,

Hmm.. i knw DreamDesk uses very much CPU , but its not in my hand... its the Windows Lib that uses more CPU to render more Pixels nd Colours !!! if you hear about Windows DreamScene then it alos uses the more CPU :D:P

yes you r ryt, that you can embedd AVI Video in HTML, but its not for everyone and you have to got source and change the path of AVI Movie to play evrytim you change.

but lets see wht goes with future release of DreamDesk !!!

and Thanks for the FeedBack :)

Regards,

well, the HTML can be manipulated in ways (depending upon the coder) who can create random sequences of playback BUT, I don't want to go into that detail as I find this app great initiative towards desk backgrounds and would like to see the progress. I don't really own a mac but as I see in electronic showrooms, it changes background images with smooth fade outs etc etc.... For a while it looked as if "My pictures screensaver" was their background app. Its always the UI effects that impress me in the end though. Vista? Installed, Rebooted, DELTREE /Y *.* (long time back) I thought bubbles was realtime 3D on desktop but it turned out to be "Screenshotbubbles" loool. You still use it? 15 GB straight after first install just doesn't look right (for my type of techie dude )--------------------------------------------------I would love you if you make a way to set screensavers as desktop background! I've this "The Lost Watch" screensaver etc with High cpu usage and some other screensavers with low CPU usage. The point is, use .SCR files rather AVI files as there are millions of screensavers out there... think about it :D (AveDesk, RK Launcher, FlyaKite, ScreenSaverBackground, YZShadow's Translucent Menus :D :D Oh it makes me horney already) bye!

has anyone made any new themes for this, all the ones for vista are .dream files, can those be converted to .mpegs ?

tough call for me, I deleted vista (which was preloaded in my laptop). I'm sure others can help out soon but I would suggest Googlie with strings ".dream convert" ;)

tough call for me, I deleted vista (which was preloaded in my laptop). I'm sure others can help out soon but I would suggest Googlie with strings ".dream convert" ;)

Hey..!! dont say that you dont have Vista , you can run DreamDesk on Windows XP too ;)

so if u want, then you can work on some skins for DreamDesk ! :P lolz...

well take a look at the Tutorial about making skin for DreamDesk.

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....2510#post492510

Hey..!! dont say that you dont have Vista , you can run DreamDesk on Windows XP too ;)

so if u want, then you can work on some skins for DreamDesk ! :P lolz...

well take a look at the Tutorial about making skin for DreamDesk.

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....2510#post492510

hmmm, I've not checked the theme extensions of both (DreamScene or DreamDesk) so, I thought that dude was asking to convert .dream to MPEG (tough as I never used DreamScene) however, creating loopy AVIs is something I can always do (but I don't know if people are willing to keep DD running at cost of CPU)

hmmm, I've not checked the theme extensions of both (DreamScene or DreamDesk) so, I thought that dude was asking to convert .dream to MPEG (tough as I never used DreamScene) however, creating loopy AVIs is something I can always do (but I don't know if people are willing to keep DD running at cost of CPU)

Ok!!!

i think you have to take a look at Windows DreamScene, bcuz if you play the Videos in Windoes DreamScene, it also take up same CPU as DreamDesk takes....so its no diffrence of DreamScene and DreamDesk in taking resources. :D

Regards,