DreamDesk v0.1 Beta

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Love this!!!
    • I need Vista Ultimate!! for Windows DreamScene not this DreamDesk!

logoanigiftm9.gif

(Animated Desktop for WindowsXP and Vista Premium/Basic Editions)

Well, Here the first beta release of the 'DreamDesk'. i hope you all like this application. specially xp and vista basic and premium users. ;)

Features:

*Animated Desktop for Windows XP,Vista (basic and Premium)

*Supports wide range of video formats

*Supports PNG Frames Animations.

*Support Theme with wallpaper.

*auto start with windows.

*and lots more.......

Minimum System Requirements to run DreamDesk:

*512MB of Ram. (**1Gb for Best Performance**).

*2.0Ghz or Greater Processor (**Dual-Core or any Processor with 2cores Running for Best Performance**)

*Windows XP or Vista Premium or Basic Edition.

Things not working yet:

*Render the video with icons.

*sometimes preview not show in window.

*some theme positioning problem

*you have to "Play DreamDesk" option from the System Tray icon , after sleep , hibernate , and lock workstaion.

*and some more bugs...

So, Please give it a try on your system , and let me know more bugs, suggestions , feedback to work more for new version.

Please install all Videos Codecs for XP, Download XPCodecPack

Download DreamDesk Beta from Here

Download DreamDesk Beta from MegaShare

**New**: Skin Tutorial for DreamDesk Beta

----

EMail: [email protected]

post-47502-1202839034_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like it has the potential to be superb when it eventually comes out of beta. Only thing, is that a lot of people dont have dual core processors to use this

Well , Dual Core is not must... if you have procesor with more Ghz 2.0 or greater.. then it runs perfectely smmoth !!!

Thanks

Oh, ok then. I'll give it a run for its money on an XP machine and check back in later

Also, my Inspiron is 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo and my other machine is a Pentium 3.06GHz single core... In your opinion which will run better?

Both!!!

your inspiron has 1.8 with Core 2 Duo so it wil run smoothly on that.. and also runs smooth on Pentium bcuz it has 3.2 Ghz to boost the System :D

if anything goes wrong then let me know for any bug !!

Regards,

I didn't see it yet. Maybe somebody will upload video to YouTube .)

you can see in thumbnail , in the background there is full motion video wallpaper running... or u can search YouTube for DreamScene, its same like it is !!!! diffrence is that you can use that in Windows XP and other Vista Basic/Premium Version.

So, give it a try ...

Regards!

how do I get more themes?

also, after a while the image stops animating

when I click "show desktop" on quick launch it resorts back to my old desktop picture.

some of the themes don't play at all, the vista orb doesnt play, the dream desk theme doesn't fill my desktop.

when exiting the program, it doesnt actually exit, the icon disappears but the process still shows as running, even after uninstalling the program. finally gone after ending the process through windows task manager.

im on vista home premium 32 bit.

how do I get more themes?

also, after a while the image stops animating

when I click "show desktop" on quick launch it resorts back to my old desktop picture.

some of the themes don't play at all, the vista orb doesnt play, the dream desk theme doesn't fill my desktop.

when exiting the program, it doesnt actually exit, the icon disappears but the process still shows as running, even after uninstalling the program. finally gone after ending the process through windows task manager.

im on vista home premium 32 bit.

Ok!! sometimes DreamDesk is unable to Render the Video and intialize the GDI+ to the Desktop, so thts why it says its running... but dont show anything! somtimes this also happnes on my system too. :(

I know this is a Bug , but i m working on this ...!!!

So, the solution is "Logg off your System" or "Restart the System", and run DreamDesk! and it will run properly!

Regards,

Aurora works like a charm.

Orb somewhat works but had hard time bringing it up.

The other effects just don't work and hang up DreamDesk.

I don't think it to be a problem on DreamDesk itself because Aurora plays really fine.

I've noticed Aurora makes layered windows to flicker. I suppose this only happens with Windows XP (I have Windows XP SP 2 here).

Other than that, the idea is great and the Aurora effect works really fine.

I have windows xp and it isn't working. Maybe I'm missing a step?

I downloaded the codecs, then the program. Ran it... didn't work. So I restarted.

Now it took all my icons off my desktop, but still no animated wallpaper?

I clicked play Dreamdesk, it's already playing. I clicked personalized, and tried using different ones... Nothing.

Help?

I have windows xp and it isn't working. Maybe I'm missing a step?

I downloaded the codecs, then the program. Ran it... didn't work. So I restarted.

Now it took all my icons off my desktop, but still no animated wallpaper?

I clicked play Dreamdesk, it's already playing. I clicked personalized, and tried using different ones... Nothing.

Help?

hmm... well .. sounds everything is ok!!

but plz let me know about ur System Configurations! like RAM , CPU , SP? and every detail.. so i figure it out..

Regards,