Am I the only one who likes Windows?

Guest potatocake

Guest potatocake

As I watch my lokal newspaper I see an advertise saying "Let's start teaching Linux software in schools" and I noticed another comment from the Novell leading owner who said something about 99% will move to Linux in ten years from now, how does he know that?

I'm sure opensource is great, and I'm also sure the future internet will need more opensource software to survive, but how does these guys know everything about what people will do in the future? Will they managed to completely make Linux as userfriendly as Mac and Windows have?

I'm sure windows have a few bugs here and there (I'm talking about Windows XP) which every system must have but overall it works great.

Vista have a few bugs as well, well yeah it's new so what did you expect? Most Linux distributions have been out there for a few years now, as much as they have evolved very properly they still haven't had a big success in making it userfriendly (just my opinion) after trying afew Linux distributions five years ago I still feel they look the same today.

Might I be the only one left who still likes windows or is there more peeps out there?

Guest potatocake
allinall windows is my favorised OS

What is Allinall Windows?

Edit:

Ah, "all in all" Ok, yeah I also like to tweak windows for the better.

Using Linux seems boring to me, everything works without much bugs although they might also crash once in a while they don't as much and yeah you can tweak it as well but it's not the same feeling you get as tweaking windows to work better.

Windows also seem to have better media functions and play them well, if Linux turns out better five years from now I might use them as a second OS but for now windows takes their place.

If Linux made some more deals with Game companies and software companies like Adobe for them to make photohsop fully working without wine that would be a good step for designers and artists.

i m quite happy about my win xp. until it screws me up recently due to the lousy integrated 270 degree turnable webcam which now when i fling it around makes a BSOD. sad...

win 'xp' is a emoticon XD.

vista is ok. if not for its resource hog. i cant switch to vista due to school issues

i m running on ubuntu. excellent OS. have my own problems but it is now fixed.

to me.. "normal" people can use any OS... they need not have any problems. because average people only use the computer for chatting. file storing and internet.. oh ya also games.

Guest potatocake
one guys opinion is worth nothing, he would need big facts to back that up...

I understand in those terms what you mean, but in general what do you mean?

That windows is not better just because some say it is.

Or that linux isin't better because some say that it is? I assume you mean both of them though :)

Dunno which is really better but I prefer windows over linux anyday.

I want to admit something...

I prefer Windows XP Media Center SP2 over Tiger...its just more... dare i say it, it feels less bloated. Its a polished OS, and it works how its supposed to. So long as you run avg free with it, it runs sweet.

That said, I think Vista is...well, I'd better not flame. But lets just say, Leopard's release was very smooth- a worthwhile update that didnt compromise.

I think most people in this forum would agree that Leopard is currently the best OS out there.

That said, I still like Tiger (in fact im running it as we speak), and think its better than most versions of windows xp (home, pro, corp sp1s).

I've seen so many people turned off by vista walk by and see how well leopard works, they buy the mac. im talking 80%, thats big. . . I honestly think the tides are turning.

I love windows, best OS on the market(IMO!!!). As someone says it has some bugs, but you use the computer like me, just for photoshop and gaming, you don't really find any bugs!! It's just the skin is so bland and plane and just boring... Modifying it is the best.

I guess I'm in the minority on Vista.

I love it.

Vista Ultimate that is. Home Premium is decent, but it still lacks the hardcore stuff a geek like me wants.

The other Home and Business versions should have been tossed out.

Vista Enterprise ranks right there with Ultimate in functionality... just no media center type stuff.

I like Windows too. Lots of applications, very customizable, doesnt crash often if you have a decent computer. I also like Levi said, prefer Windows XP media center over Tiger. Tiger is nice and all.. but it 's not that great, and doesn't have a lot of certain applications. However, I would choose Leopard over XP. Just cause of the look. But, if someone suddenly make a theme/hack that made xp look and act like leopard (coverflow, garageband, imovie, iphoto clones, if thats even possible :P) I would stay with xp.

Guest potatocake
... I said it needed to look like leopard/be leopard, Bootcamp is WINDOWS running on a mac ;)

That will never happen, there is no way M$ would let mac use their shell files unless mac pay them or someone make a modification that allows EXE's to be run inside a mac interface. :P

That will never happen, there is no way M$ would let mac use their shell files unless mac pay them or someone make a modification that allows EXE's to be run inside a mac interface. :P

Yep, that will probably not happen, what I meant was that companies that made/make certain software for windows. If they also made it for leopard, then there wouldnt be compatibility issues, etc ;)