Cairo: Welcome To The Revolution

I don't think the open source vector-library with the name "cairo" will have any problems with your project's name. It'll just be a bit confusing, because you're not actually using any cairo-libraries. Think back to Phoenix/Firebird and their conterfeits, that used the name before the mozilla-based browser did.

Are you planning on going open source? It would be great porting some of your techniques to Linux.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its really awesome. but i dono how much memory it costs. all the fatacy function in leopard appear, like cover flow, and space. I've regesiter the member of that website, but seems lot ppl waiting that one comes out for long long time since the vtp6, we get to the windows way but like the apperance of mac, then i hope someone can develop a winosx, easy to use but also beautiful.

waiting the Cairo comes out.......

its really awesome. but i dono how much memory it costs. all the fatacy function in leopard appear, like cover flow, and space. I've regesiter the member of that website, but seems lot ppl waiting that one comes out for long long time since the vtp6, we get to the windows way but like the apperance of mac, then i hope someone can develop a winosx, easy to use but also beautiful.

waiting the Cairo comes out.......

Someone mind translating this for me...

:)

I'll try.

"Its really awesome. How much memory will it use? With all the functions from Leopard - CoverFlow and Spaces. I've registered on the website, and it seems that people have been waiting for a long time (since the vtp6? I'm guess this is Vista Transformation Pack 6). We get all the features of Windows but the appearance of a Mac. I hope someone can develop a WinOS X, something easy to use and also beautiful."

I'm waiting Cairo to come out."

I think thats what he's trying to say.

I'll try.

"Its really awesome. How much memory will it use? With all the functions from Leopard - CoverFlow and Spaces. I've registered on the website, and it seems that people have been waiting for a long time (since the vtp6? I'm guess this is Vista Transformation Pack 6). We get all the features of Windows but the appearance of a Mac. I hope someone can develop a WinOS X, something easy to use and also beautiful."

I'm waiting Cairo to come out."

I think thats what he's trying to say.

Thank you.

The team and I are facing a quandary. Many people encourage Cairo to mimic OS X, taking the best parts from Windows and the best parts from Leopard. On the other hand, we have people saying they wish Cairo looked less like OS X and that they don't value it's present form.

We will see how this plays out over the coming months, but this is a very interesting ideological split.

Thank you.

The team and I are facing a quandary. Many people encourage Cairo to mimic OS X, taking the best parts from Windows and the best parts from Leopard. On the other hand, we have people saying they wish Cairo looked less like OS X and that they don't value it's present form.

We will see how this plays out over the coming months, but this is a very interesting ideological split.

Speaking as someone who wants Cairo to emulate Leopard as closely as possible, I think you should do your own thing. Not everyone wants Leopard as many of us do, and I think it's more satisfying for programmers to say "I created something new," rather than "I cloned someone else's work."

Do your own thing. Make Cairo work the way you wish your computer worked, rather than the way OS X works. But when you're done, a plugin pack or Leopard-like variant will be much welcomed. :)

Speaking as someone who wants Cairo to emulate Leopard as closely as possible, I think you should do your own thing. Not everyone wants Leopard as many of us do, and I think it's more satisfying for programmers to say "I created something new," rather than "I cloned someone else's work."

Do your own thing. Make Cairo work the way you wish your computer worked, rather than the way OS X works. But when you're done, a plugin pack or Leopard-like variant will be much welcomed. :)

A voice of sanity in al the madness of requests. I agree. Certain functions and aesthetics in Leopard are great, but there is always room for improvement. Don't concentrate on emulating Leopard, in spite of the large requests for it, but improve on an already well-thought concept. People will thank you for it.

Please, oh please do not make this emulate Leopard. So far this really looks amazing, and you have the chance to be revolutionary rather than 'just another leopard clone,' albeit a potentially amazing one.

You are creating something fresh and new, which eventually people may try and emulate on OSX and Linux.

This project just has so much promise so do your own thing, and don't give into all the apple fanboy-ism, nobody needs another OSX clone. I do really like the idea of taking the best from both systems. It's projects like these that are Windows' strengths.

'We are hoping to provide users with the best shell for Windows' - keep up the fantastic work.

Please, oh please do not make this emulate Leopard. So far this really looks amazing, and you have the chance to be revolutionary rather than 'just another leopard clone,' albeit a potentially amazing one.

You are creating something fresh and new, which eventually people may try and emulate on OSX and Linux.

This project just has so much promise so do your own thing, and don't give into all the apple fanboy-ism, nobody needs another OSX clone. I do really like the idea of taking the best from both systems. It's projects like these that are Windows' strengths.

'We are hoping to provide users with the best shell for Windows' - keep up the fantastic work.

In case you haven't noticed, the leopard emulation release would be a seperate version in the future, not this one.

Also, I really do like this shell it looks amazing!

However, when you guys are done with it and an XP version :D please make one that emulates leopard too, it would be perfect.

Any release date yet? ;)