vBulletin 3.7.0 Released!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tags and other things are nice but those profile things are soooooo MySpace etc. (I say that and I have a facebook profile :-) ) But I admit that this is totally useless for a forum.

Anyway, I'll be glad to use your skin on 3.7 when it's final!

I see no signifiant reasons for any of those MySpace medicority crap things on a regular forum. Some features of vb 3.7 are nice, like the spam control, and thread tagging, but all the social networking crap is just marketing crap.

Better to stick with a pretty looking vb 3.68 until further notice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, was planning on starting it when it hit RC, but seems they're not releasing change logs on template changes. So if I made it for RC1 it'd be buggy/broke when vb3.7 final hit.

So all I can do is come up with ideas on certain sections of the skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I just setup vb3.7 rc3 on my dev site. We'll see how that goes. I can confirm that the current skin does work, but it does need some updates/more templates for the new profiles and stuff to work.

Question: What are the chances of there being an iPhone/iPod touch optimized skin? A couple of sites I visit upgraded to the RC3, and it does not play nice with my iPod touch (AJAX and Javascript, I assume). It appears that vB 3.7 spells doom for me :( .

Just a heads up, I won't be able to get the 3.7 skin out the day 3.7 is released. The current skin works fine with it, but some of the new features just don't show up.

So if you rely on this skin, either take the risk and upgrade early, or wait a week or two.

I really wish they'd stop changing crap with the templates, it seems each major point release I have to redo the whole skin.

• 2 weeks later...
Has, anyone here installed the Aqua-Soft skin on 3.7? I'd like to see how well it holds up.
Seems to be working fine so far - just set it up, and so far, looks okay.

CORRECTION: Unable to make any sort of posts, as I get the "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched." error.

When switching to regular vBulleting 3.7 default skin, everything works fine, when switching to Aquasoft skin, it throws up the error.

Easy enough to fix (though tedious) by applying the suggested Templates fix that vBulleting support recommends. I just spent an hour applying all the changes (you can also do it with a grep script), and the result works just fine in vb 3.70.

Also, found an awesome style for iPhone style, that I had to modify likewise, that I'm now trying to style like Aqua-Soft skin.

So, overall, looking good, and can be done.

Just an update, if things go on track I may have a version up on this site for testing. I'll be using pngs for alot of the stuff now. So it maybe buggy for older browsers (ie6) for some time.