Stacks Docklet

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i read the first 4 pages but needless to say, i dont have time to sit and read through 58 pages.

I'm using RK on XP service pack 2 with the dock alligned to the bottom.

(2 docklets running, both only containing shortcuts)

Glitch 1.

After opening the docklet then canceling by clicking the desktop, the dock itself animates according to mouse y-axis even if my cursor is far from the dock for roughly 2-3 seconds.

(-this also occurs after an application is launched, (before the application window takes focus,) as well as after closing the settings dialog)

Glitch 2.

After launching an application or after cancelling by clicking the desktop; when i run my cursor over the dock the dock animation "sticks." Possible cache problem?

Improvements:

-Right clicking the (unopen) icon should bring up a small context menu with "open folder" and "settings." (Just my personal preference, seems more natural.)

-Configurable grid-size restrict. i.e "restrict to __ collumns/rows"

-Adjustable background transparency of grid. (text background for fan mode.)

-Custom grid spacing.

-32px/48px icon size toggle.

-Custom icons with .png support.

-Centre incomplete rows intead of alligning to right.

-Show label on right/left/beneath plus no-label mode

-Custom ordering (preferably drag and drop though any custom ordering would be great.)

excelent job so far.

keep up the good work!

even with the bugs it's still amazing and well-worth using!

@matonga:

Latest version comes with a patch .reg file. Did you apply the patch?

Microsoft PowerToys TweakUI allows you to remove the shortcut arrow in a way fully compatible with Stacks Docklet.

Hi yes i had tried the reg file which only restored the arrows on shortcuts. Using TweakUI does the trick and all works fine with regards this issue thanks.

Now just need to work out what TweakUI does different so i can change my UACD's!!

Now just need to work out what TweakUI does different so i can change my UACD's!!
TweakUI changes a certain key in the registry to override the default icon with a blank icon inside TweakUI. In order to make a universal entry I changed it to a blank icon in Shell32.dll, so just paste this into a .reg file and you should be good to go.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerShell Icons]

"29"="C:WINDOWSsystem32shell32.dll,49"

@mushu13:

Thanks for the reply, I was aware of this way to do things but due to applying loadsa theme tweaks chose the easy way to remove the arrows. Using this method will create me a fair amount of work making new cabs files to use with my UACD as no doubt you are aware.

Hmmmmmm..... suppose i could always make it a "runonce" just to change this entry.

Thanks for reminding me, i will think on it :)

I can not be sure if it happened in previous versions, but as long as I remember it haven't. Now it happens in both stack and icon title, and doesn't happen when I don't use the stack but the regular doc. I'm using the Ariel font which suppose to work in Hebrew too. Thank you for this great app and care.

Hello there, I wonder if it is possible when you have time on your hands and are wondering what to do next...

I use Stacks on a few of my Windows PC's with RocketDock and it works supremely well, with one exception. On the Asus EeePC the stacks preview window when in 'grid' view disappears of the top of the (admittedly small) screen, and as there is no way of scrolling the view, the items along the top 2 rows are lost from view permanently. Naturally, if there are enough icons to fill the grid this way, I can't see them all in fan mode either. If it is at all possible to consider a smaller screen height to better suit the EeePC screen (800×480) I'd be grateful.

I should also say thank you for the docklet, I appreciate the work that must have been involved in creating it.

Still love this thing but now I have two bugs:

1: On my laptop (win XP sp2), if I close the computer (suspend?) and then open it back up, none of the stacks work properly

2: When I have a stack in Fan mode, if I click the name of the item, it opens the next item in the list. Clicking the icon works ok.

Edit... I'm using stack version 1.0.0.134

Still love this thing but now I have two bugs:

2: When I have a stack in Fan mode, if I click the name of the item, it opens the next item in the list. Clicking the icon works ok.

Edit... I'm using stack version 1.0.0.134

I have exactly the same problem. Don´t knok how to solve it. Out of that, the docklet works to the perfection

Hi

First, thank you for your great job! This docklet is amazing !

I use this at home and at work.

Everything work fine at home (XP SP3 with RocketDock)

But at work ....

Well, i've W2K sp4 with the latest rocketdock 1.3.5 and Stacks Docklet (06/26/2008 version).

Firstly, neither Fan and Grid mode show icons of my files/folders. I've just the filename and the shadow with no icon on this.

Secondly, when i switch to Special Folder, RocketDock crash immediatly after i close the pref window.

I've read here that bug (with icons) doesn't append on 12/17/2007 version, but i can't find this one.

Anyone can send me this version ?

thx

and sorry for my english ...

I really love this docklet. Thanks for all your work.

I'm using it with RKLauncher on Vista SP1. I was wondering if you could add an option to increase the icon size displayed, particularly in the grid view. Vista has large, nice PNG icons I'd like to be albe to show in the stack. Right now, I guess 48x48 is the max displayed.

Thanks!

I really love this docklet. Thanks for all your work.

I'm using it with RKLauncher on Vista SP1. I was wondering if you could add an option to increase the icon size displayed, particularly in the grid view. Vista has large, nice PNG icons I'd like to be albe to show in the stack. Right now, I guess 48x48 is the max displayed.

Thanks!

+1 for 48x48 icons

Hi

I love this docket its amazing

Is there anyway it can be made to work like ObjectDock's FlyOut Menu?... I would really like to be able to add custom folders not just folders I already have no my computer

For example...

I have a Applications flyout menu on ObjectDock, that I have all my most used applications

But with Stacks I have to Physically have the folder on my computer to do that... I hope what I am saying makes scene....

Thanks alot!

hi rich246,

you can put shortcuts of all your favorite folders in on folder. than link the folder to your dock.

maeddes

That I understand, but I still have to have the folder somewhere on my pc, with Flyout I can make a folder from within it, I don't have to have it on my pc it makes it

Thank you for your reply :)

Hi

I love this docket its amazing

Is there anyway it can be made to work like ObjectDock's FlyOut Menu?... I would really like to be able to add custom folders not just folders I already have no my computer

For example...

I have a Applications flyout menu on ObjectDock, that I have all my most used applications

But with Stacks I have to Physically have the folder on my computer to do that... I hope what I am saying makes scene....

Thanks alot!

:slant:

If your talking about creating a folder of things only within the program which is called a "Virtual folder".

Stacks cannot do that, there most be a physical folder.

What you can do is create a folder somewhere, the Desktop and C: are good places but you really can just choose, add the shortcuts to whatever files into it, and customise the icons through windows.

I use

FolderIco , to apply the icons.

+

Convert Icon, to Change any image to .ico format which Folder Ico supports.

Oh and not to be an ass but the word is sense not scene. :P

English is hard for everyone even the native speakers.