Stacks Docklet

matonga:

I am not sure how the statdock's guys do it but the flyout menu incluided in OD+ does exaclty that, if you click any other dock icon after showing the flyout menu, the flyout start it's hidding animation... it seems to me there must be some way to achieve the "auto hide" effect.

Maybe asking to starcdock would give some insight on this issue.

@jorgensen:

Indeed, that would be great. But ObjectDock doesn't allow me to do that :(

The only thing I can suggest you is to try checking / unchecking the "Follow the dock" in "Global settings" and use the one that fits you best.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I setup The Control Panel docklet and then click, the System and Update icons do not appear. The names under the icon positions appear but not the actual icons. They appear when I open control panel normally.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks

When I setup The Control Panel docklet and then click, the System and Update icons do not appear. The names under the icon positions appear but not the actual icons. They appear when I open control panel normally.

Any thoughts on the subject?

I have the same problem. Notice I'm the developer so it's my fault. :)

I don't know how to solve it. :(

@ matonga

Did you understand what i said before about the Stack being behind the dock? :P (URL)

If not, I think you can say that the ObjectDock z-index is higher then the Stacks z-index. So the dock is above the stack when the dock is set to "Be always on top" in the options, which makes the stack go behind the dock.

@Matonga:

This topic at Wincustomize explains how to successfully get Stacks Doclet working on tabbed docks at the top of the screen:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/170537/get;1808004

The problem is not related to Stacks Doclet at all but instead a bug in OD+. One must follow to the letter the indicated procedure - special attention to the first step! - and everything will work fine!! :D

ps: it might be good to include some of this at the first post...

@ matonga

Did you understand what i said before about the Stack being behind the dock? :P (URL)

If not, I think you can say that the ObjectDock z-index is higher then the Stacks z-index. So the dock is above the stack when the dock is set to "Be always on top" in the options, which makes the stack go behind the dock.

Stacks Docklet pops up from behind the dock.

This is done on purpose so stack icons will look like popping from behind the docklet icon.

I have to either put the stack on top of the whole dock, or behind the whole dock, because I know no way to put the stack between the dock icons and the dock background :(

Hello to everybody, I've started using the Stack docklet since a few days, though I've been using RocketDock for quite some time now. I am currently running Vista Ultimate SP1 x86, so just consider me a "Vista tester" if you wish, matonga.

Just a few comments:

1. Vista and UAC: the problem arises if RocketDock and the docklet are placed in the standard "Program Files" folder. If you install elsewhere, say C:Rocketdock, there's no need for workarounds.

2. Performance: I started using an end-of-2007 version of the Stacks docklet and it was fast (consider I've a T7700 Core Duo @ 2.4Ghz with 4GB of RAM, a nVidia Quadro card running a 1920x1200 laptop LCD (it's a Dell Precision M6300); the current .134 release looks slower, much slower if you choose to have the stack follow the dock.

Anyway both the old stable version and the current preview work perfectly, I have 3 in my dock pointing to three different shortcut folders without a single problem.

I have just one suggestion, that is some visual feedback of the icon in the stack you're pointing at, at least - some border on hover, for example, like somebody else in this thread said - and maybe something more on click. Not that it is absolutely necessary, but with Rocketdock happily popping icons and moving them when clicked, having the stack "static" looks out of place, so to speak.

Great work!

hi, just wanna say thanks for your time and effort. i've just installed it and i'm loving it so far!!!

i got a little problem when clickin on one stack while another one is still open, the first one would freeze and i need to restart de bar. any ideas?. ah, i'm using it on xp colossus sp2 with objectdock 1.9.

thanks again and keep up the good work!!

stacks.jpg

Hey

I love this app, and especially the latest version, I'm looking forward to see you adding the my computer to the "special folders" section.

Now, I got some problems with Hebrew, it shows question marks instead of words, do you have any idea why and how you can fix it?

Thanks

@freestart:

I knew about this bug but didn't solve it because no one seemed to care :) I'll take a look at it to determine what can be done.

@orelzion:

Does this happen with previous versions? This happens with icons inside the stack, or only the docklet title? Try choosing a font you know can display hebrew text (just in case) and tell me if it works.

BTW the "special folders" are misnamed, and "Drives" should instead be named "My computer" :)

Hi,

I have tried again to get this docklet to work with what i understand to be the latest version of the DLL 100134. Alas the problem i originally suffered waaaaaaay back, the shortcuts dont work if "LnkShortcut" reg entery is removed, is still there albeit i now get an error message:

"There is no application associated with the given filename extension"

Have i missed something needed to get it to work without the shortcut arrows on the shortcut icons or will Stacks never work the way I'm trying to use it?

I hope the answer is i can use it the way I'm trying to, as it is a kwel dock.

thanks in advance