December '07 Desktops

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinsemon, I am new to Windows XP, how do you hide the "File, Ect..." text, and have the folder details on the bottom?

I'm pretty desperate for a solution about now. :D

You mean the Menu bar on open windows?, i use Styler toolbar (it's free), has an option to hide/unhide Explorer menubar (but then you have to run Objectbar (the topbar) so that you won't get lost.

for the folder details on bottom, i think you mean Status Bar. on your window/explorer, click View, then Statusbar...

EDIT:

oops, that was your desktop above, nice one...

you're already running Styler...right click the Styler icon on your systray, then 'show', then on toolbar tab, check 'hide menubar(explorer), then close. there you go! for the status bar, open any window (e.g. c:Program files), click 'View' in objectbar, then statusbar...

for firefox, install Compact Menu add-on...

You mean the Menu bar on open windows?, i use Styler toolbar (it's free), has an option to hide/unhide Explorer menubar (but then you have to run Objectbar (the topbar) so that you won't get lost.

for the folder details on bottom, i think you mean Status Bar. on your window/explorer, click View, then Statusbar...

EDIT:

oops, that was your desktop above, nice one...

you're already running Styler...right click the Styler icon on your systray, then 'show', then on toolbar tab, check 'hide menubar(explorer), then close. there you go! for the status bar, open any window (e.g. c:Program files), click 'View' in objectbar, then statusbar...

for firefox, install Compact Menu add-on...

Thanks dude! Now I have what I need. :)

(Hello Korrea. ;))