WindowBlinds 5.5 conflicts and mysterious darkness

alabanco

I have reinstalled my XP and this time I installed windowblinds 5.5. But I have faced 2 problems that I cannot figureout by myself.

Problem 1)

Everytime I reboot, some parts of the windowblinds theme return to windows XP blue theme like background of the windows. Moreover. there is a mysterious darkness in some lists (like in the list of programs to open with the selected file or visual effects)

14290266mo1.th.jpg

So I have to load windowblinds theme every time I boot my XP.

Problem 2)

I changed icon font in Apearance settings from Tahoma #8 to Lucida Grande #9 but again every time I reboot my XP returns it to Tahoma #8. Why it does it ?

I would welcome any help.

I think I might know what is the problem's origin. I think its the STYLER to be blame for. it has one stupid check box - Style is applied at the time of starting. So it loads that blue theme when you start. that's why when I logon it applies some part of it to my windowblinds theme.

Yes, I was right it was all Styler feature " Style is applied at the time of starting" to be blame for. It should be unchecked.

37413872uj9.th.jpg

Something else that makes no sense to me....you guys have Mac envy and are dying to get your hands on Apple hardware, which is very high atop the list as far as expensive products go...and yet whine and complain about a $20 program. How on Earth does that make any kind of sense, really? o_O

Something else that makes no sense to me....you guys have Mac envy and are dying to get your hands on Apple hardware, which is very high atop the list as far as expensive products go...and yet whine and complain about a $20 program. How on Earth does that make any kind of sense, really? o_O

I'm a sixteen year old living in Delhi (people have no concept of buying software here). Most of us, when we buy a pc, get a pirated copy of Windows installed on it by default (reinstalling that is practically a part of warranty services here). And desiring to own something (like Apple products) doesn't necessarily imply that we have money for that. If we had, we would get them instead of using the aforesaid $20 program. I don't even own an iPod (or for that matter any MP3 player or even a mobile phone, that's how poor I am :P). Since all the software people use here normally comes preinstalled and cracked by the PC dealer or is acquired from Palika Bazaar (that's a market notoriious for selling cheap, hacked, pirated gadgets, movies, software, etc), the concept of actually paying the software company doesn't exist. Those who go to the extent of buying a copy of Windows are regarded as loony; yes that's true! I did not whine or complain about buying a program, I just stated that it is impossible for me to do so: imagine this conversation,

ME (to Parents): I want to purchase a certain software for $20.

Parents: Yes, what will it do?

ME: Um...Allow me to change my PC's interface, :hopeful:

Parents: Is that a joke?

I've never asked anyone else to go use cracks or do illegal stuff. Normally I avoid the topic altogether, but here I replied to Virstulte's pointed question.