Hilarious Apple Ad. Enough Said.

Sci-Fi

Thumbs down on Apple's new set of comercials. Primarily, becuase they aren't true. I've had a virtually flawless experience on Vista. My troubles get started in XP. To compound this, I've had even more trouble out of Tiger. Beachballs anyone? Kernel Panics? One-Button Mouse?! (okay, that one's a joke...an unfunny one at that)

I haven't used Leopard, so I'll reserve my opinions until I use it.

I give these ads a major thumbs-down too. Is Apple so desperate to try to get people to switch over that they have to resort to childish tactics of trash-talking the "competition" (using that term lightly since Windows has what, 90% of the market compared to Apple's less than 10%?).

I've had my fair share of issues with Windows as well, but this style of marketing is just bad in my books.

Thumbs down on Apple's new set of comercials. Primarily, becuase they aren't true. I've had a virtually flawless experience on Vista.

I don't see how you can honestly say you had flawless experience with it with a straight face. I work at Circuit City as a Firedog Tech and a lot of people happen to ask if we still sell XP discs so they can downgrade, which is sad.

I don't see how you can honestly say you had flawless experience with it with a straight face. I work at Circuit City as a Firedog Tech and a lot of people happen to ask if we still sell XP discs so they can downgrade, which is sad.

I can say it.

Vista Home Premium and Ultimate works FLAWLESSLY when installed on proper hardware.

There's a HUGE difference between Vista Ready and Vista Capable hardware.

I have also installed Vista Enterprise more times than I care to count and have not had anything OS related go wrong.

Companies that sell those BS intro systems with Vista Home Basic should be shot.

That is one version of Vista that should have never been released.

I can say it.

Vista Home Premium and Ultimate works FLAWLESSLY when installed on proper hardware.

There's a HUGE difference between Vista Ready and Vista Capable hardware.

I have also installed Vista Enterprise more times than I care to count and have not had anything OS related go wrong.

Companies that sell those BS intro systems with Vista Home Basic should be shot.

That is one version of Vista that should have never been released.

Thanks, rjohnstone. I bought my new laptop with Home Premium installed. Virtually no problems.

@Phantom Lord: Well, what can I say, I'm not a comedian by trade. Thanks for the sarcastic laugh, though. :)

I usually really like the Apple commercials. PC and Mac are very funny. These are just tasteless. I thought Apple got beyond this...

haha, I gotta say though, that ad does make me laugh, cause almost everyone I know is either frustrated with vista, is tired of getting booted off our school network, or downgraded. I have yet to meet one person who tells me with a straight face that they are satisfied with vista. XP with its many bugs is still snappier, has about the same amount of features, and is better supported (with regards to on-campus tech support, compatibility with wireless networks, mounting network drives and file sharing, etc).

I don't think they're stretching the truth at all, and I think even if many people haven't had a bad experience with vista, A GREAT MANY pc users will sympathize with this ad. The only thing stopping a lot of my classmates from switching is the money issue, and having to buy a completely new computer when the one they have gets them by.

I also have had Vista for the last several months (preloaded on my DELLXPS) and I've had no problems with it at all. I somewhat enjoy the ability to customize everything as well... (with 3rd party applications nonetheless) lol.

I keep hearing people saying vista sucks...well, I've had no problems with it...

(here's a screenshot of my vista experience LOL.

I wish I could say I had no problems with Vista. I purchased a brand new Gateway GM5474 with a 22 inch Faroudja monitor and Vista Home Premium and the machine gives me a 5.0 index but I have to reboot everyday which very seldom happens to me using XP. I have never tried to "aquafy" the unit yet and have run the built-in programs and it still crashes and often gives me the BSOD. Coreldraw doesn't work right with it. (It doesn't tell you what fonts are missing when you load a .cdr that was done on a different machine.) The crashes occured much less when I started using Firefox and stopped using Microsoft IE7. I have trouble installing webcams and it killed my firewire drive. sigh...

So... Hundreds of dumb computer users who just happen to want XP for various personal reasons somehow means that it's impossible to have a good experience with Vista? You don't sound like a very good tech...

haha, I gotta say though, that ad does make me laugh, cause almost everyone I know is either frustrated with vista, is tired of getting booted off our school network, or downgraded. I have yet to meet one person who tells me with a straight face that they are satisfied with vista. XP with its many bugs is still snappier, has about the same amount of features, and is better supported (with regards to on-campus tech support, compatibility with wireless networks, mounting network drives and file sharing, etc).

I don't think they're stretching the truth at all, and I think even if many people haven't had a bad experience with vista, A GREAT MANY pc users will sympathize with this ad. The only thing stopping a lot of my classmates from switching is the money issue, and having to buy a completely new computer when the one they have gets them by.

XP absolutely does not have the same amount of features as Vista.

And to say that these ads don't stretch the truth is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Personally, I am exceptionally pissed at the ads. Why?

Vista works well at my University when connecting out of the box. Sure it might not work in 2 buildings, but we have old hardware. It happens.

Leopard won't work at all without a hackish workaround. Our number one suggestion to any student getting a Leopard laptop is to DOWNGRADE to Tiger. Until Apple fixes 802.1X encryption, jesus they're horribly wrong.

It's not just our university; business environments and universities worldwide have posted and shared their problems in a very large Apple Support Thread.

personally, i'm more annoyed with mac users than mac's lol.

"mac is the best" "it's the only operating system to use"

seriously I hear it all the time from my friends who are mac users....

why can't we have two OS's that meet our needs without this constant squabbling.

for every story there is about PC's sucking (and there will be alot more since more people HAVE pc')

I have one oabout my buddies upset how leopard or tiger has it's quirks, and didn't do some things promised.

go linux! (jp lol)

you know... initially the Apple ads (Mac vs PC) were clever, witty and sharp.

Then came the first wave of PC fanboy rebuttals... most of which were lame.

But then came some original humour-

eg- PS3 vs Wii (fat sophisticated woman vs cheerleader)

and the one posted at the top i actually find funny, because... well it points fun at PC fanboys as much as it rips into macs (without many of them actually knowing)

... then came the third wave of both apple and non-apple made "Mac vs PC" adds... sick of them.

lame. old. etc.