Setting up a wireless network

get a wireless router, is that what you mean?

Basicly you want to be able to use the desktop on the internet either by plugging it into the router via ethernet or wireless adapter (unless it has wireless built in!) and use the laptop wirelessly or via ethernet?

If that is what you mean then I surgest using either an Airport extreme for macs (http://tinyurl.com/2dmzyp - there is a few options there to choose from!) or a linksys (http://tinyurl.com/yvs98s - loads here to choose from!) router for pcs (altough they also work well with macs!)

Just read the descriptions and see which router is right for you!

Hope this helps,

Jj

Airport Extreme works with PCs too. Unless you're really short on money, a wireless router like Airport Extreme is really convenient. I use my APE with bonjour and my printer and stuff, since it's got a USB port at the back as well. Right now, 5 computers are sharing the wireless internet at my house, but no slowdowns what-so-ever. Get airport extreme.

Netgear is good too.

Linksys is a fail product! It will disconnect you from the Internet every 10 minutes or so.

Sorry mate, but Netgear is an obtrusive brand (as well as belkin!), especially their routers and wireless adapters. I don't know what Linksys router you have used but I have no problem with mine, and I have 4 laptops, 3 desktops, 3 ds's, 1 nintendo wii and a few pda's/smartphones and all of them run extremely well, and have fast internet ( I have also tested them on it all at once with no problems!). My school also use liniksys for their wireless system and it works fab, and a number of companies I have visted also use linksys for their wireless. Netgears sercruity sucks unfortunatly. I only surgest netgear to people who have NO IDEA about wireless and don't want to put it under alot of preasure!

Jj