Leopard Ships this 26th

iGo

[newsimg]http://www.aqua-soft.org/media/news/2d25e73be6e4484aa38a4b266849f6af.jpg[/newsimg]Apple has finally announced official launch date for it's new cat, Leopard.

On 26th oct, 6:00 pm... Leopard goes on sale. Apple store (online) offers Leopard for pre-order.

For people who were waiting to purchase new macs or purchased mac just recently, here is good news :

Users who bought Apple machines from October 1st on can participate in Apple's Up-To-Date Program, which provides free Leopard upgrades (for $10 shipping).

UPDATE:

With just 12 hours remaining to Official Leopard launch, Leopard reviews are already starting to flood the internet. Also, AppleInsider have posted their own extensive Leopard Screenshot gallery.

Also, it now official that Classic is dead. Yes... no more legacy applications on Leopard. Is it bad? I'd say about time. Anyway, if your classic program hasn't been updated yet after more than half-decade of OS X... flame the developer. :)

It's a shame that 9A581 (the golden master build) is still using those ugly Aqua scroll bars. So much for Apple's push for a "consistent window look."

I still think that Apple was holding back on a lot of graphic changes until the final build. Since they weren't looking for graphical feedback, and the betas are meant for developers, they probably felt little need to include them.

^ Dream all that you can... but that's not happening. You really think Apple would change the Entire GUI in less than a month from Unified to something else, thus discarding all the feedback and reports on User Experience of new OS?

Take my advice and drop the idea. You'll get nothing but disappointed, and ultimately end up using the current Unified Interface no matter what.

I still think that Apple was holding back on a lot of graphic changes until the final build. Since they weren't looking for graphical feedback, and the betas are meant for developers, they probably felt little need to include them.

I suppose you're right, as no one has publically seen 9A581 yet, but if the screen shot on Apple's Leopard page are from the most recent build, then they are still there. But hopefully they've changed them at the last moment. Leopard just looks so much better with the iTunes 7 widgets in general.

"Well if you buy a mac after October 1 you get Leopard free... so it doesn't really matter unless you really don't want to have to upgrade yourself."

Well, I bought my new mac after the oct 1. I still have to upgrade to Leopard myself. Apple sad the same thing. I was told that it can take a while before new laptops will have leopard installed (a few more weeks). Maby I recived the wrong information, or it's acually true. Anyway, i'm buying the OS when it's release date. Can't whait :D

@thisisnotreal: If you bought your mac after Oct. 1, you get free copy of Leopard. So all you've to do is pay shipping charges 10$ or you can talk to your nearby Apple Store if picking it up yourself for free.

Maby this question doesn't belong here but, is there any new rels of Candybar and Shapeshifter for Leopard? I think is looks great but custom interface is importat for me :)

At the moment, no, but I'm sure both apps will be updated shortly after Leopard is officially released.

When you install new OS X on previous version... it gives you upgrade option, which means your settings and data remains. Unless you select Clean Install, none of your data is removed.

If I upgrade my 10.4v to 10.5v, will everyting on my disk be remved or does it work as a "patch". If that is the case I don't have to backup all my files and so on. Anyone has a good answer?

You can do the upgrade which keeps your settings and files intact and just replaces the OS

or

you can do a clean install which is basically a format and install. With the clean install, you probably would want to make a backup of your files so you can put them back after the install. Then you will need to tweak your settings again.

Seems like the methods are about 50/50 as far as users go.